Muslim outrage at a billboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 10:48 PM
RE: Muslim outrage at a billboard
(06-06-2017 10:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What about those Muslims that don't agree with violence? You know the majority of Muslims.

I feel that they deserve every bit of respect that we all do, as people.

I don't feel that their ideas deserve any more respect than the rest of society's. I don't agree that vulgar put downs should be encouraged, which is why I agree that the rapist tag should have been omitted. It was over the line for that medium. But I'll call Muhammed a rapist all day long on this forum, because it is by definition an accurate accusation given our current societal evolution, at least in most places around the world.

The other thing is...

Most people don't agree with violence regardless of their race, color or creed.

Just don't fuck with their creed, shit tends to get serious when that happens.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 12:18 AM
(06-06-2017 04:29 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Article

So someone (presumably an anti-muslim group) put up a billboard with such statements about Muhammad: married a 6 year old, had 11 wives at one time, etc. Muslim groups are offended. Go figure. What is funny is that they say it is offensive and untrue. As far as I know (I am no Koran expert) but I've seen references to the statements to the Koran. Are the those that are offended lying for Muhammad? Either the Koran is correct or not. If the Koran is correct then you can be offended but you can't say it is untrue.

Moslems claim Mohammad was the "Perfect Man" whom all Moslems should emulate. The Salafists are very specific on the claim Mohammad and his companions were role models. So the Koran and hadiths are sources to be taken seriously for emulation. Ibn Ishaq's "Life of Mohammad" the earliest and most major biography of Mohammad is a major source as to what Mohammad did. It's all a matter of fact he did these things (and more) as per the billboard.

It's hard to be outraged at having somebody having pointed out known facts about Mohammad on a billboard. None of it is false.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
07-06-2017, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 12:34 AM by Cheerful Charlie.)
The Quran contains a lot of cruel and primitive ideas. Having that pointed out is no insult.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
07-06-2017, 12:35 AM
(07-06-2017 12:18 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  It's all a matter of fact he did these things (and more) as per the billboard.

It's hard to be outraged at having somebody having pointed out known facts about Mohammad on a billboard. None of it is false.
Who did he rape?
Do Muslims accept that he raped this person(s)?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
07-06-2017, 12:50 AM
Muslims are offended cause someone said truth about their prophet? Tough shit. Religion don't deserve a iota of respect and should be ridiculed as bullshit that it is.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Breaking News
"Muslims outraged over their own beliefs and have begun to kill all Muslims who believe the same shit they do."

Two weeks later
More Breaking News
"Last Muslim kills himself.
World becomes safer place to live."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
07-06-2017, 01:13 AM
(06-06-2017 10:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What about those Muslims that don't agree with violence? You know the majority of Muslims.

I would say the vast majority of Muslims all agree that the best, most perfect way to handle situations are spelled out in their holy book and if the book says to kill all non believers, then that is the best course of action to take.

They agree with violence.

They agree with it when they see it and do nothing.
They agree with it when they see it and join in to cause more violence.
They agree with it because hatred of others breeds violence.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-06-2017, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 02:12 AM by Cosmo.)
Just gonna leave this here.

I believe the Quran itself says that it is not open to scrutiny or questioning. This is often why Muslims react so aggressively if criticism of Muslims, Mohammed, or the Quran arises. The circular reasoning of the Quran doesn't allow for it. It is the 'final' word from God, courtesy of Mohammed, so they say.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/...islam.aspx

The billboard might have been a bit much, for reasons mentioned. But the debate needs to happen.

Secondly, while as it was mentioned earlier that there are millions of peaceful practicing Muslims, if an ideology can so consistently produce outcomes that are in every way diametrically opposed to humanism, then regardless of its followers, I don't think it is a good ideology to entertain as factual.

Regards! Smile

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
07-06-2017, 04:04 AM
(07-06-2017 01:13 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I would say the vast majority of Muslims all agree that the best, most perfect way to handle situations are spelled out in their holy book and if the book says to kill all non believers, then that is the best course of action to take.

They agree with violence.

They agree with it when they see it and do nothing.
They agree with it when they see it and join in to cause more violence.
They agree with it because hatred of others breeds violence.
There are about 2 billion Muslims in the world.
If they were all out to kill non Muslims then we would be in for some big problems.

But actually, there are very few terrorist Muslims. A very small percent of Muslims. Don't paint the peaceful ones with your terrorist brush.
07-06-2017, 11:05 AM
(06-06-2017 07:04 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 05:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Well the billboard is calling Mohhamed, a rapist, a torturer and a slave trader.

Put up a billboard about the bible telling how to treat your slave, on YHWH mass genocide of millions of people (hint: the great flood), rape of a woman (hint Mary while she slept), support of rape (hint: Mosses commanding his army to rape the virgin girls).
See if you get any offended Christians crying out.

There are some videos on Youtube with a guy approaching random people on the streets, asking them to listen and judge some passages from the Koran.

He then precedes to read them some horribly immoral passages, only they are from the Bible.

After the people agree how immoral the "Koran passages" are, the guy removes the Koran slip cover from the book, to reveal it is actually the Bible he was reading from.

Hilarity ensues, as the People admit the Bible is an immoral book.

Not really. They actually get quite upset and start in with the usual excuses, like "Out of context!".

That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!