Muslim teacher takeover?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: Muslim teacher takeover?
(24-05-2014 09:55 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Help me out, in what way is that article less bias? Or rather, what language was bias in the first? Just curious Sleepy
It's not so much that the article itself is biased, it's that the source is an obscure atheist website in connection with the fact that the topic being reported on is religious in nature.

In my view, it's best to avoid sources that could be biased due to their publicly stated views on the topic in question.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-05-2014, 03:08 PM
(24-05-2014 10:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:55 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Help me out, in what way is that article less bias? Or rather, what language was bias in the first? Just curious Sleepy
It's not so much that the article itself is biased, it's that the source is an obscure atheist website in connection with the fact that the topic being reported on is religious in nature.

In my view, it's best to avoid sources that could be biased due to their publicly stated views on the topic in question.

Um Ad Hominem Fallacy. The source doesn't make the information any less true.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 03:25 PM
(24-05-2014 03:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Um Ad Hominem Fallacy. The source doesn't make the information any less true.
Try responding to what I actually say instead of attacking the straw man arguments you made up in your head and attributed to me, will you? I have never said that the source of an information has any bearing on its truth.

24-05-2014, 03:30 PM
(24-05-2014 03:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Um Ad Hominem Fallacy. The source doesn't make the information any less true.
Try responding to what I actually say instead of attacking the straw man arguments you made up in your head and attributed to me, will you? I have never said that the source of an information has any bearing on its truth.

Your implications are clear. Are you sure Jermy Wanker didn't hack into your account and start posting a fuck-ton of bullshit under your name?

24-05-2014, 04:14 PM
(24-05-2014 03:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 10:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  It's not so much that the article itself is biased, it's that the source is an obscure atheist website in connection with the fact that the topic being reported on is religious in nature.

Um Ad Hominem Fallacy. The source doesn't make the information any less true.

It is ad hominem, but in a different way. Vosur didn't say the information was inaccurate, only that it was told with bias. He claimed that this true because it came from an atheist source, which is ad hominem. I could be wrong, but I think what Vosur meant to say was something closer to "I think this is a better source because there would be less question of bias as compared to the original". Incidentally, there was no bias in the first source, something I think we all agree on (correct me if I am wrong Vosur).

Both sources served to collaborate the other, so I think it is ok either way.
24-05-2014, 04:24 PM
(24-05-2014 04:14 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  It is ad hominem, but in a different way. Vosur didn't say the information was inaccurate, only that it was told with bias. He claimed that this true because it came from an atheist source, which is ad hominem. I could be wrong, but I think what Vosur meant to say was something closer to "I think this is a better source because there would be less question of bias as compared to the original". Incidentally, there was no bias in the first source, something I think we all agree on (correct me if I am wrong Vosur).

I agree with all of that except for the first three statements. I made no comment about the information contained in the article, only about the source itself.

24-05-2014, 04:56 PM
(24-05-2014 04:14 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  

It is ad hominem, but in a different way. Vosur didn't say the information was inaccurate, only that it was told with bias. He claimed that this true because it came from an atheist source, which is ad hominem. I could be wrong, but I think what Vosur meant to say was something closer to "I think this is a better source because there would be less question of bias as compared to the original". Incidentally, there was no bias in the first source, something I think we all agree on (correct me if I am wrong Vosur).

"Biased" implies that the information is skewed or inaccurate.

You can't be unaware of this.

OH, yeah, you can -- it's the lack of protein in your diet.

25-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Can some one inform as to whether this is a public secular school or private Islamic one. If it is the latter I don't have to much of a problem with this other than the fact that something illegal was done (which should be punished accordingly).

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
25-05-2014, 08:01 PM
From the articles it would seem these are public schools.
26-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Would you like a free burka with your child's education?