Muslims and Sperms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Muslims and Sperms
Hello friends, how are you?

I am new to this forum! my name is Max.

So guys i have a problem, i hope you can help me out, so i have a muslim friend living near my house, we are friends from childhood, but now a days, he daily - he insist me to accept islam. he told me that Islam is the way of life, he insist me to be a muslim, he says if you become a muslim, you will get Jannah etc. but i rejected his proposal, so he became angry, i told him that there are scientific errors in Quran, he told me to show just one, so i gave him the most funny one, in which it is said that the sperm originates between the backbone and the RIBS!

this:

Now let man but think from what he is created! (Quran 86:5)

He is created from a drop emitted (86:6)

Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs (86:7)

so according to the Quran ^^^ the sperm originates between the backbone and the Ribs.

but then he became more angry and sent me this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDp7mTnleA

Now he says that if i could refute the above video with correct scientific reasoning, he will leave islam forever, and wont ever insist me. so guys, you are expert at science, what's your opinion about the above video?

Thanks,

Max.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Max's post
15-01-2015, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 05:44 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Muslims and Sperms
(15-01-2015 01:52 PM)Max Wrote:  Hello friends, how are you?

I am new to this forum! my name is Max.

So guys i have a problem, i hope you can help me out, so i have a muslim friend living near my house, we are friends from childhood, but now a days, he daily - he insist me to accept islam. he told me that Islam is the way of life, he insist me to be a muslim, he says if you become a muslim, you will get Jannah etc. but i rejected his proposal, so he became angry, i told him that there are scientific errors in Quran, he told me to show just one, so i gave him the most funny one, in which it is said that the sperm originates between the backbone and the RIBS!

this:

Now let man but think from what he is created! (Quran 86:5)

He is created from a drop emitted (86:6)

Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs (86:7)

so according to the Quran ^^^ the sperm originates between the backbone and the Ribs.

but then he became more angry and sent me this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDp7mTnleA

Now he says that if i could refute the above video with correct scientific reasoning, he will leave islam forever, and wont ever insist me. so guys, you are expert at science, what's your opinion about the above video?

Thanks,

Max.

Umm. no.
Spermatogenesis is not even a question in Human Biology in 2015. It occurs within the testes and they move to the epididymis where gametes mature and are stored. The process starts in the seminiferous tubules in stem cells adjacent to the inner walls of the epididymis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermatogenesis

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Welcome.
I wonder, what makes you think anyone here is an "expert at science"?
Consider
15-01-2015, 05:28 PM
The video is claiming that the Quran is referring to water, not sperm... So by the uploaders own argument, it is claiming that the "water" of life comes from between the spine and ribs? Fantastic... Now it's not just wrong, it no longer makes even remotely any sense in the context it is used.
[+] 6 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
16-01-2015, 05:40 AM
(15-01-2015 01:52 PM)Max Wrote:  so according to the Quran ^^^ the sperm originates between the backbone and the Ribs.

Maybe, that is why my back aches--too much buildup.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
[+] 4 users Like 666wannabe's post
16-01-2015, 11:44 AM
god there are so many dirty things I want to say on this thread.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 10 users Like thesummerqueen's post
16-01-2015, 12:05 PM
(16-01-2015 11:44 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  god there are so many dirty things I want to say on this thread.

I know, right? Serious self restraint here. It's painful. Blue balls painful.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
16-01-2015, 12:19 PM
(16-01-2015 12:05 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 11:44 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  god there are so many dirty things I want to say on this thread.

I know, right? Serious self restraint here. It's painful. Blue balls painful.

C'mon... you know you want to.....

DO IT! Big Grin

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
16-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Your friend sounds like a primitive nut job.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
16-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Just start ridiculing Muhammad and referring to him as the pedophile prophet. When your friend gets mad, say "What are you gonna do, declare a jihad against me?"

I'm actually not sure what that'd solve, but it sounds fun.

'Murican Canadian