Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Exclamation Muslims in Australia
This horrific report is but one of the reasons most Aussies don't want Muslims migrating to Australia. An August 2016 Essential Media Communications poll found that 49% of Australians want to totally ban Muslim immigration, with around half of those saying Muslims "do not integrate into Australian society".

Broadmeadows man murdered wife in front of children, cut out her eye, police allege

A man police suspect is an aspiring jihadist is accused of murdering his wife in front of their children, cutting out her right eye and flushing it down the toilet... The 27-year-old woman's body was found wrapped in a quilt and bound with electrical tape on June 17 last year. Two fingers were amputated. She also had injuries to her genitals, face and torso...

The man, 35, is also charged with injuring his children on July 4 last year. A child protection worker told the court the children—two boys and a girl—had suffered from trauma and neglect. One child became distressed when a doll he was playing with was found missing a limb, and buried the toy "because that's what happened to the mother", the case worker said...

The prosecution summary says two children described seeing their father cut out his wife's eye and flush it down the toilet, and seeing him inflict other injuries... The prosecution summary says the man "had a strong alliance with his Muslim beliefs and clearly felt an alliance to jihad and Syria", which might have been the source of conflict between him and his wife...

The man admitted previously cutting his wife's hand "when she objected to his desire to fight for jihad", the summary says... The man was controlling of his wife through their marriage, the summary says, made her wear a full burqa outside the house, taught his children about "guns, swords, war and jihad" and insisted they spoke Arabic.

Melbourne AGE, 23 Mar 2017

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 11 users Like morondog's post
24-03-2017, 01:39 AM
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.
White people should be banned. Hitler was white. He was also Christian. Christians should be banned also, especially white Christians.

Trump is old. Old people should be banned, especially old white Christians.

Most rapists are men. Men should be banned, especially old white Christian men.
[+] 8 users Like Stevil's post
24-03-2017, 02:28 AM
(23-03-2017 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  This horrific report is but one of the reasons most Aussies don't want Muslims migrating to Australia. An August 2016 Essential Media Communications poll found that 49% of Australians want to totally ban Muslim immigration, with around half of those saying Muslims "do not integrate into Australian society".

As other people have said, their are nutjobs in all religions, races and sections of society.

I do think that islam causes particular problems with integration, particularly for muslim women, but preventing muslims from migrating to more liberal countries is hardly going to help.

I am a believer that after migration, each generation gets more and more liberal, and most, if not all, of the 2nd and 3rd gen muslims I know are far more integrated than their parents and grandparents before them, to the point of being muslim by tradition only, similar to most, if not all, than the christians I know.

It can be a slow process, but that is not imo a valid reason to 'ban' people.
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
24-03-2017, 02:40 AM
How do you stop someone coming in if they just say they aren't a Muslim? Is "looks like a Muslim" enough of a criteria? Brain scans? People can lie.

But yeah. This is pretty dumb.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
24-03-2017, 03:19 AM
Maybe the reason Muslim immigrants aren't assimilating is because they're met with hostility by Australians who don't want them there.

Also, maybe, as tends to be the case everywhere, adults who immigrate are already pretty set in their behaviors and take more time to change, while their kids will grow up as Australian as can be--if Australians can bring themselves to treat them decently.

Any religion can be associated with religious mania. In the US, there have been a number of cases of Christian women killing their children because they were convinced God had told them to or that their kids were demon-possessed. So get rid of all the US Christian women, right?
[+] 9 users Like julep's post
24-03-2017, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 04:29 AM by Free Thought.)
Along with other issues people have raised, I'd like to add that banning muslims from the country will do nothing more than fuel the rhetoric of the hate-preachers and extremist imams; what better way to convince people of, or solidify the idea that the West hates them than to specifically close them out? Short of engaging in an out-and-out holy war against muslims I can't think of much better that isn't already being done.

All such rhetoric or attempts will accomplish will be to make Australians targets when out in the world and more easily accessible. Bali springs to mind.

As an Australian, I say instead of pushing muslims out of society, we should work to pull them in; inculcate them so they will be more difficult for extremists to ensnare.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
24-03-2017, 06:03 AM
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

I just this morning learned about a knife attack by a white supremacist that left a black guy dead in NYC. He went to NYC to find black people to kill. This happened Monday. Huge knife. Stabbed him in the chest and back. One could miss it because media was flooded with news of the attack in faraway London.

If Donald Trump had heard about it, he doesn't care enough to even acknowledge it.

http://fair.org/home/black-man-stabbed-t...-by-media/

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 4 users Like tomilay's post
24-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 02:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  This horrific report is but one of the reasons most Aussies don't want Muslims migrating to Australia. An August 2016 Essential Media Communications poll found that 49% of Australians want to totally ban Muslim immigration, with around half of those saying Muslims "do not integrate into Australian society".

As other people have said, their are nutjobs in all religions, races and sections of society.

I

Yes there are nut jobs everywhere. However, most nut jobs go all out mental. Other murders are committed in a crime. Others in rage. The difference is though this Muslim believes this is his right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24-03-2017, 08:56 AM
(24-03-2017 07:00 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 02:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  As other people have said, their are nutjobs in all religions, races and sections of society.

I

Yes there are nut jobs everywhere. However, most nut jobs go all out mental. Other murders are committed in a crime. Others in rage. The difference is though this Muslim believes this is his right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't most people who commit atrocities think they are right and/or justified, in doing what they do?
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post