Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Perhaps you should focus on living your beliefs rather than preaching them, then.

I never preached morality on this forum. Opposite, some atheists on this forum preached morality to me.

Thumpalumpacus Wrote:They(beliefs) are obviously not very deep in you if someone online whom you have never met can draw you away from them this easily.

You are right, there is always room for improvement.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Jack Hammer Wrote:I don't remember. I'd have to look and see if someone accused me of bigotry for saying that about Christians. On this thread, it was inferred I'm a bigot.

I checked. Nobody called you "a bigot" for saying this about Christians.

I am a Christian(Mormon) and I am not going to call you a bigot.

I have another question. Let's say I am a Muslim. Let's say that I am this kind of Muslim who embraces values of western civilization. I don't support Sharia Law. What should my reaction be when I hear what you say? What would you expect from me? This is sincere question. I want to have a conversation with you and may be even disagree with you but without being a morality police. I would never preach morality to you. I guess you got enough of this from us Christians.

29-03-2017, 09:02 AM
You're not going to convince anyone here with gore, dude. We're well aware of the reality and atrocities that people in this world commit.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
29-03-2017, 09:09 AM
(29-03-2017 08:14 AM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 01:52 PM)Emma Wrote:  Horseshit. Muslims will not get "Sharia law" in America, nor are they at large pushing for it. I'm skeptical of the idea that ANY of them are. Time to turn off Fox News and close your Breitbart tab. Ugh.

A ban on sharia law is legislation that would ban the application or implementation of Islamic law (sharia) in courts in any jurisdiction. In the United States, as of 2014 seven states have "banned Sharia law", or passed some kind of ballot measure that "prohibits the states courts from considering foreign, international or religious law." These US states include North Carolina, Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Dakota and Tennessee.[1]

Outside of the US, sharia has become a political issue in several non-Muslim majority countries, with a petition to ban Sharia councils circulated in the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_on_sharia_law

Sharia Law in America. The Islamization of America.

Sharia law in the United States of America ("America") has reached penetration phase 3 (see Spread of Islam).

As the number of court cases that involve conflicts between civil law and Sharia law rises in America, many American states have introduced bills banning the courts from accommodating Sharia law.

I am surprised that there is no Mississippi, Florida, West Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina on that list. They should extend the ban to school prayer and other forms of religious intrusions.

That said, I am not seeing many Muslims in North Carolina, Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Dakota and Tennessee.

In any case your views of sharia are woefully inadequate and largely informed by wolfing down dollops of nonsense from dubious websites with an anti-Muslim agenda.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
29-03-2017, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 09:17 AM by Alla.)
Emma Wrote:You are off-base on the army of Muslims. You're worried about Muslim extremists.
Is this what makes someone a bigot and troll?

Emma Wrote:I'm also worried about Christian extremists. The difference is that I don't assume every Christian-looking person I encounter is a violent extremist.
Please, tell me which Christian organization told its followers to attack any time anywhere anybody. Which Christian organization has an army of fanatics who kill thousands of people and say "death to America, we are coming for you?"
Emma Wrote:That doesn't mean I don't deal with my own prejudices. Everyone does. The difference is that I own it and try to overcome it.
So, you have prejudices, I have prejudices. Everyone does, even every person in this thread who calls Jack Hammer or me a bigot and troll.
Did I say that I am not trying to overcome my fears?
What if I don't know how to overcome my fears? Should I be judged for this? Should I be called a bigot for this?
Emma Wrote:I'm not calling Mormons "morons", but some Mormon beliefs are really wacky to me.
I know you don't, you are very good woman.
That's fine you find some Mormon beliefs wacky. I don't judge you for this. But someone on this forum (I will not mention his name) called Mormons "Morons". He called millions of good people "Morons". NOBODY called him "a bigot" for this. Why nobody told him: "Hey, I am sure there are Mormons who are morons but not all Mormons are morons. Most of Mormons are good people".
Double standard.
Emma Wrote:Anyway, no one is saying not to take terrorism seriously. But fear and discrimination will not solve terrorism. It will only breed more in the long run.
I agree that neither fear nor discrimination will solve Islamic terrorism problem.
But I don't believe that to have a fear and to talk about it openly is discrimination against all Muslims. I am called a bigot for having fear.

So, how can we solve Islamic terrorism?

29-03-2017, 09:24 AM
(29-03-2017 08:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Jack Hammer Wrote:I don't remember. I'd have to look and see if someone accused me of bigotry for saying that about Christians. On this thread, it was inferred I'm a bigot.

I checked. Nobody called you "a bigot" for saying this about Christians.

I am a Christian(Mormon) and I am not going to call you a bigot.

I have another question. Let's say I am a Muslim. Let's say that I am this kind of Muslim who embraces values of western civilization. I don't support Sharia Law. What should my reaction be when I hear what you say? What would you expect from me? This is sincere question. I want to have a conversation with you and may be even disagree with you but without being a morality police. I would never preach you morality. I guess you got enough of this from us Christians.

I'm a believer who refuses to call himself a Christian. Most Protestants condemn Mormons, and I have left several Churches who badmouth Mormons behind the pulpit. I have more respect for Mormons and even Atheist than Protestants.

I've never been much into private messages, but if you like PM me. I'll give you the link to my site and I'm willing to answer any questions you have. I've been doing this for a while.

One big difference between I and most other believers is that I don't condemn or badmouth people who are Mormon, JW'S, SDA'S or any other religion. I don't talk bad about Hindu's, Buddhist, or other religions. OTHER THAN ISLAM! I don't talk bad about non-theist either. I TRY not to talk bad about Protestant's, but it drives me nuts to see them demonize and condemn so many of their own!

It certainly is a good and sincere question. Muslim's need to realize just what kind of religion they are followers of. They need to look at their 1,400 year history of KILLING and realize ISLAM is NOT a religion of peace. They need to realize the atrocities their religion commits on a daily basis. Their reaction should be that they get OUT OF ISLAM! That's why the bible says, "Get out of her my people."

YOU CANNOT SEPARATE AND CATEGORIZE ISLAM INTO PEACEFUL NON PEACEFUL MUSLIMS. Do you think America would tolerate it if the Nazis were committing the atrocities the Muslims are today?

Protestants, in their quest to demonize the church and the Jews, would like you to believe this is talking about and admonishing Christians and Jews to get out of this pipe dream of a united ONE WORLD RELIGION. Some Protestant would tell you that "my people" refers to Catholics or Christians but it doesn't. It refers to ALL common people, NOT Christians, Catholics, or Jews. God will attempt to get Muslims to repent of their abominations and "get out of her" (ISLAM) through the seven last plagues of Revelation 15-21. The Church is evil in that it attributes nearly ALL of the end-time evils TO ITSELF! That's the major reason why I have a prophecy based anti-Islamic web site.

I would expect nothing from you other than remain a Mormon and continue viewing Islam as the evil religion that is is.
29-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:Outside of the US, sharia has become a political issue in several non-Muslim majority countries, with a petition to ban Sharia councils circulated in the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_on_sharia_law

A petition started by and signed by ignorant people who equate sharia councils with stoning, chopping off hands etc Dodgy

Sharia councils are used by the muslim community overwhelmingly (95% of cases) for marriage disputes. And the main reason for this is that many Islamic marriages are religious only, and therefore not legally binding in the UK.

So if you're not in an islamic marriage, sharia courts have literally zero bearing on your life, nor could they.

Of course, the UK gov't could legislate to recognise these islamic marriages, and enable UK courts to grant divorces as they do with any other legally recognised marriage, but that would mean incorporating elements of sharia law into actual UK law to enable them to be recognised in the first place, and the daily fail/sun readership couldn't have that now, could they.

Unfortunately for muslim women, this kneejerk anti-sharia sentiment (it's sharia so it must mean it would turn me into a muslim) means that they will continue to get largely shafted by the predominantly all male councils.

I note there's not the same outrage against the rabbinical councils which provides similar services to the jewish community - I wonder why that might be.
[+] 3 users Like ukatheist's post
29-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Islam should be banned from America....

The immigration and Nationality Act June 27, 1952 public law 414, establishes both the law and intent of Congress regarding the immigration of Aliens to the US and remains in effect today. Among the many issues it covers, one in particular, found in Chapter 2 Section 212 (scroll down to page 185 and read section c) is the prohibition of entry into the United States. It states that Aliens who are affiliated with ANY organization that advocates the overthrow of our government are prohibited.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-66...-Pg163.pdf

I got this information from an ATHEIST who was a minister for 25 years!
29-03-2017, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 09:47 AM by Jack Hammer.)
(29-03-2017 09:24 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  [Quote]
I note there's not the same outrage against the rabbinical councils which provides similar services to the jewish community - I wonder why that might be.
What "SIMILAR SERVICES" are you talking about?

Here are a few items in Sharia. Show me the similarities....

[size=medium]Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (compulsion in religion).
A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html
29-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:So, how can we solve Islamic terrorism?
You can't. Islam is beyond reform. About 50% of European Muslims, and about 60% of Mid-East Muslims believe jihad is justified is Islam.