Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 09:17 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 08:56 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 07:00 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Yes there are nut jobs everywhere. However, most nut jobs go all out mental. Other murders are committed in a crime. Others in rage. The difference is though this Muslim believes this is his right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't most people who commit atrocities think they are right and/or justified, in doing what they do?

NO! Only Muslims. Non-Muslim people only do horrible things because either
a. the Muslims did them to us first!
b. they are mentally ill and therefore to be pitied rather than reviled.

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-03-2017, 09:24 AM
(24-03-2017 08:56 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 07:00 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Yes there are nut jobs everywhere. However, most nut jobs go all out mental. Other murders are committed in a crime. Others in rage. The difference is though this Muslim believes this is his right.

Don't most people who commit atrocities think they are right and/or justified, in doing what they do?

Probably, but bigger crimes require ideology at least in Solzhenitsyn opinion:

Ideology—that is what gives evildoing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination. That is the social theory which helps to make his acts seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes, so that he won't hear reproaches and curses but will receive praise and honors. That was how the agents of the Inquisition fortified their wills: by invoking Christianity; the conquerors of foreign lands, by extolling the grandeur of their Motherland; the colonizers, by civilization; the Nazis, by race; and the Jacobins (early and late), by equality, brotherhood, and the happiness of future generations

It's not that simple though. Going through Wolfgang Sofsky The Order of Terror: The Concentration Camp one can see that some of guards in concentration camps didn't saw atrocities as good or justified, yet the still done it to gain or retain group trust.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:56 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Don't most people who commit atrocities think they are right and/or justified, in doing what they do?

NO! Only Muslims. Non-Muslim people only do horrible things because either

Rolleyes

Excuse me. But isn't most of the sharia law about prosecution by death? For adultery, for non conversion, not following Allah. Etc etc etc.
I don't recall ever hearing a murder convict say they had a right to kill.

24-03-2017, 10:11 AM
(24-03-2017 10:07 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  NO! Only Muslims. Non-Muslim people only do horrible things because either

Rolleyes

Excuse me. But isn't most of the sharia law about prosecution by death? For adultery, for non conversion, not following Allah. Etc etc etc.

I can quote you a big chunk of the Bible that includes the death penalty. Try again.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 10:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:07 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Excuse me. But isn't most of the sharia law about prosecution by death? For adultery, for non conversion, not following Allah. Etc etc etc.

I can quote you a big chunk of the Bible that includes the death penalty. Try again.

Yeah but you don't hear christians actually still believing this. Or trying to bring it back into main stage.

24-03-2017, 10:15 AM
(24-03-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  I can quote you a big chunk of the Bible that includes the death penalty. Try again.

Yeah but you don't hear christians actually still believing this. Or trying to bring it back into main stage.

Christ am I gonna have to use google for you? There are pur-lenty of Christians who for example believe that shooting doctors outside abortion clinics is the Right Thing To Do ™

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-03-2017, 10:16 AM
(24-03-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Yeah but you don't hear christians actually still believing this. Or trying to bring it back into main stage.

No? Then either you are deaf or you don't get around much. Can't be arsed to look up the particular clips, but there are numerous pastors asking for death to gay people or for having an abortion.

The folks killing abortion doctors don't materialize from the void, you know.

Also there are numerous contributions on message bords by christians who hold similar opinions. It's only a very thin coat of society holding them back from acting out their vile beliefs. And that breaks from time to time.
24-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 10:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Yeah but you don't hear christians actually still believing this. Or trying to bring it back into main stage.

Christ am I gonna have to use google for you? There are pur-lenty of Christians who for example believe that shooting doctors outside abortion clinics is the Right Thing To Do ™

Yes but there are great populations of them or small communities. Hardly the same comparison.

24-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Muslims in Australia
I should Follow the thread I guess. I don't think it's trying to stop immigration of christians. It's Muslim. Christians fit in and adapt. The poll suggests that muslims don't adapt well. This is because of their beliefs on god.

24-03-2017, 10:31 AM
(24-03-2017 10:17 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Christ am I gonna have to use google for you? There are pur-lenty of Christians who for example believe that shooting doctors outside abortion clinics is the Right Thing To Do ™

Yes but there are great populations of them or small communities. Hardly the same comparison.

So then your argument is based on population size and not motive?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce