Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
Perhaps understanding that it is irrational fear which causes anxiety about something or someone we perceive to be different. Anxiety can form very specific ideas that can cause us to irrationally cling to ubsurd or even dangerous notions.
How do we slow everything down to consider our anxiety and get to a place where we even recognize it as fear?

I recently found an interesting explanation of fear and how to think about it. It is essentially a mnemonic device...

Fantasy
Experiences
Appearing
Real

This is the very definition of irrational fear.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-03-2017, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 12:06 PM by Jack Hammer.)
Kim Said,

Quote:The attempt to lump all Muslims into one boat, is similar to saying all christians are exactly alike or all Jews are exactly alike ... all Ukrainians are exactly alike ... all Europeans are exactly alike ... all republicans are exactly alike. It simply is not so.

Problem #1.

Islam has a 1,400 year history of violence and killing. NONE of the things you've mentioned have a perpetual history of violence. Don't make me post a list of atrocities Muslims have committed over the last 1,400 years because you would be impressed at the list. It would take up about 12 pages on this forum. I've done it on other forums. The people and countries you've listed committed atrocities in the past but have not had a perpetual history of violence, they didn't continue with them. Besides that. The EU etc. is governed by a set of common sense laws that most people accept as good and abide by. In Islam, your religion is your politics and your politics IS your religion.

I'm NOT saying that all Muslims are alike. But HOW do you decipher between those who are good and those who are bad? It's estimated that about half of all Muslims are either radicals or Jihadist. They are all Muslim! Why even take the chance!

Ever hear of the American Hiroshima? It's been in the planning stages for over 20 years coming soon to several cities near you.
29-03-2017, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 12:32 PM by ukatheist.)
(29-03-2017 09:38 AM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 09:24 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  I note there's not the same outrage against the rabbinical councils which provides similar services to the jewish community - I wonder why that might be.
What "SIMILAR SERVICES" are you talking about?

Here are a few items in Sharia. Show me the similarities....

[size=medium]Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (compulsion in religion).
A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

Seriously, did you not read any of my post? Dodgy

I was quite clear about the services offered by sharia councils in the UK:

NOT death to those who criticize or deny allah.
NOT death to those who deconvert from islam.
NOT death to anyone helping a muslim deconvert.
NOT death to a non-muslim man who marries a muslim woman.
NOT the ability to engage in paedophilia.

BUT THE ABILITY TO DISSOLVE AN ISLAMIC MARRIAGE.

You do know that, like the quran, the Talmund and bible both contain passages that most people find abhorrent - and the vast majority of xtians, jews and muslims in the UK DO NOT interpret those passages literally, and DO NOT want them written into national law.

It's fucktards like you that take them literally and use it as an excuse for your own bigotry.
29-03-2017, 12:06 PM
(29-03-2017 12:01 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Islam has a 1,400 year history of violence and killing. NONE of the things you've mentioned have a perpetual history of violence.

Problem Number one. You don't know shit about history, yet lump one very diverse religion into one nice bundle of bigoted assumptions. You don't extend the same courtesy to christianity and it's bloody history for that matter.

I could try to educate you on some real historical facts. But since you seem to be nothing but a trollish revenant of the late and unlamented communist apologist, it's not even worth the effort.
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
29-03-2017, 12:10 PM
UKatheist - remove the last [/ quote thingy ] at the bottom of your post

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Don't think that it's a pipe dream that Islam wants to dominate the world. Today, terrorist have available to them some of the most horrific means of killing people. Nuclear and biological terrorism is coming...........A day is coming where the course of the world as we know it will no longer exist.
And you people will look like a bunch of fools.
29-03-2017, 12:14 PM
abaris Wrote:You pick out one single christian sect - out of more than 40.000 different christian denominations, give or take. And you don't even see the ignorance behind this one statement, since you lump each and every muslim into the same group of being afraid of the large dog.
No, I pick those who created "The Book of Mormon" show and whom nobody calls "bigots".
I believe that creators of this show wouldn't dare to create "The Quran " show which would be full of insults towards Muslims.
Why? Because they have the same fear I have.
They are afraid to make Muslims angry and they are afraid to be called bigots.
I believe that it would be many good Muslims who would demand to shut down this kind of show.
But it is totally OK to offend Mormons on the Broadway stage. Mormons would just ignore bigots from the Broadway.

abaris Wrote:You obviously aren't even aware of the large divide between muslims. Shia and Sunni.
I am aware. I even stated to Jack Hammer that Muslims don't believe the same things. You probably didn't read that post.

My point is only this: Those who are afraid to offend Muslims are real Islamophobes. They are also hypocrites when they call people like me bigots.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-03-2017, 12:15 PM
(29-03-2017 12:06 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:01 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Islam has a 1,400 year history of violence and killing. NONE of the things you've mentioned have a perpetual history of violence.

Problem Number one. You don't know shit about history, yet lump one very diverse religion into one nice bundle of bigoted assumptions. You don't extend the same courtesy to christianity and it's bloody history for that matter.
---
Ha - yes, I'm not even all that acquainted with Catholicism but I am well aware that the inquisition alone, lasted over 300 years.

Ah, bloody days ... good times, I guess. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-03-2017, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 12:20 PM by abaris.)
(29-03-2017 12:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  My point is only this: Those who are afraid to offend Muslims are real Islamophobes. They are also hypocrites when they call people like me bigots.

That's why I called you ignorant. It's got nothing to do with that and everything with basic human decency and having an informed opinion instead of primitive instincts.

I for one puke over the ones like you, since my family was on the receiving end of these feelings 80 years ago. Still are, if I consider my jewish roots to matter. Cemetaries are still targeted. And look who's organised the first fundraiser to rebuild that cemetary. A muslim woman. Muslims were also the first to organise a fundraiser for the reccent attack in London. But no, they're all the same.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
29-03-2017, 12:21 PM
(29-03-2017 12:15 PM)kim Wrote:  I am well aware that the inquisition alone, lasted over 300 years.

But according to his profile he is only 50.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post