Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(29-03-2017 12:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:15 PM)kim Wrote:  I am well aware that the inquisition alone, lasted over 300 years.

But according to his profile he is only 50.

You're such a cute widdo doggie!

Yes you are!
Yes you are!
Shy

Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-03-2017, 12:30 PM
(29-03-2017 12:17 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  My point is only this: Those who are afraid to offend Muslims are real Islamophobes. They are also hypocrites when they call people like me bigots.

That's why I called you ignorant. It's got nothing to do with that and everything with basic human decency and having an informed opinion instead of primitive instincts.

I for one puke over the ones like you, since my family was on the receiving end of these feelings 80 years ago. Still are, if I consider my jewish roots to matter. Cemetaries are still targeted. And look who's organised the first fundraiser to rebuild that cemetary. A muslim woman. Muslims were also the first to organise a fundraiser for the reccent attack in London. But no, they're all the same.

I am not as brave as you are. That's all.
You are ignoring what I say: I say that there are many good Muslims. Are you ignoring this on purpose?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-03-2017, 12:32 PM
(29-03-2017 12:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  You are ignoring what I say: I say that there are many good Muslims. Are you ignoring this on purpose?

Yes, because it's on the same lines as I have many black friends. Your post record says otherwise. It's the weaseling of bigots to say something like that. On the same lines as your superhero saying that he supposes there are good mexicans.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
29-03-2017, 12:33 PM
(29-03-2017 12:10 PM)kim Wrote:  UKatheist - remove the last [/ quote thingy ] at the bottom of your post
Oops thank you. Think I've fixed it now.
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
29-03-2017, 12:35 PM
(29-03-2017 12:27 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  But according to his profile he is only 50.

You're such a cute widdo doggie!

Yes you are!
Yes you are!
Shy

Heart

I guess that is an appropriate response to a bad joke and my response is...

[Image: dZwYR.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
29-03-2017, 12:45 PM
(29-03-2017 12:06 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:01 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Islam has a 1,400 year history of violence and killing. NONE of the things you've mentioned have a perpetual history of violence.

Problem Number one. You don't know shit about history, yet lump one very diverse religion into one nice bundle of bigoted assumptions. You don't extend the same courtesy to christianity and it's bloody history for that matter.

I could try to educate you on some real historical facts. But since you seem to be nothing but a trollish revenantof the late and unlamented communist apologist, it's not even worth the effort.

Dodgy

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-03-2017, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 01:30 PM by kim.)
(29-03-2017 12:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I pick those who created "The Book of Mormon" show and whom nobody calls "bigots".
Oh, they caught quite a bit of flack for it. However, Mormons love that show! It has given them TONS of great oppertunity to reach a wider audience.
Read this.

(29-03-2017 12:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that creators of this show wouldn't dare to create "The Quran " show which would be full of insults towards Muslims.
Why? Because they have the same fear I have.
They are afraid to make Muslims angry and they are afraid to be called bigots.
I believe that it would be many good Muslims who would demand to shut down this kind of show.
But it is totally OK to offend Mormons on the Broadway stage. Mormons would just ignore bigots from the Broadway.
---
My point is only this: Those who are afraid to offend Muslims are real Islamophobes. They are also hypocrites when they call people like me bigots.

Parker & Stone - the creators of Book Of Mormon, have their hands full so, they won't be tackling the Muslim world just yet. But there are several comedians who do put themselves on the stage and have a go at Islam. They even manage to make it funny, too.

Check out the following about a Dutch stage actor. No doubt he is putting his life on the line....
https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2016/s...-interview

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-03-2017, 01:35 PM
(29-03-2017 12:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I pick those who created "The Book of Mormon" show and whom nobody calls "bigots".

My point is only this: Those who are afraid to offend Muslims are real Islamophobes. They are also hypocrites when they call people like me bigots.

Have you ever watched South Park Alla?

I don't think they're "bigots" as much as they are satirists. I don't think you're a bigot, I think you're fearful. I think perhaps if you spent a little time educating yourself about what most of the muslim populations in this country believe, and what they're escaping, you might feel differently.

The larger issue is get people who are fearful, believing whatever they read on a silly blog post that speaks to their fear; to actually reach out to those scary people, and suddenly those formally scary people are not so scary.

Everywhere in the world, there are good and bad people, if you only read about the bad things people do, you do become shaded to think everyone is bad.

This is why I stopped reading a lot of the politics stuff (not talking about here but elsewhere), because I found it was an echo chamber that fed my fears. When I took time to check what they were saying, I found out it was at best partially true. It's made me very cynical and I feel I have to double check everything. I looked at the blog posts, that JH posted, double checked it and found only kernels of truth to them, but overall simply speaking to preexisting notions and fears. This is why they're "bloggers" saying this, because they're hoping that someone like Alex Jones or a larger fear mongering media outlet will pick up what they wrote and place the same the slant they have written.

(I do follow what's going on, I've been actively writing letters to my state reps and senators to let them know how I feel about certain issues. I'm disappointed, to put it mildly that one of my reps voted to allow cable companies to sell my browsing information to third parties).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:Have you ever watched South Park Alla?
Not really. I watched only one episode about Mormons. I don't call them bigots for doing satire. It really doesn't bother me when people make fun of Mormons. It doesn't bother me that there is this "the Book of Mormon" show. I would never go to watch it because I saw some parts and it is not for my taste. The only reason why I mentioned this show is because it seems to me that those people who call me "a bigot" do not call "a bigot" those who on purpose say "Morons" instead of "Mormons".

Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:The larger issue is get people who are fearful, believing whatever they read on a silly blog post that speaks to their fear; to actually reach out to those scary people, and suddenly those formally scary people are not so scary.
I agree with you. I am all for reaching out to Muslims. I am against banning Islam in America. I am pro first Amendment no matter what.
But let me just say something. Many times I was walking very late at night in Kiev. Streets were empty. When there was a man walking behind me or on an opposite side of the street my heart was racing like crazy. I had fear. Many of those men were good men. But because I knew that there were bad men who attack women/girls I had fear "what if this one is bad?" There were couple of times when I had to run and hide.
Was my fear reasonable? According to people on this thread, my fear would be unreasonable. I was prejudice towards men WHEN I was walking on empty dark streets late at night. Can someone blame me for having this unreasonable fear?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
29-03-2017, 03:21 PM
(29-03-2017 12:06 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:01 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Islam has a 1,400 year history of violence and killing. NONE of the things you've mentioned have a perpetual history of violence.

Problem Number one. You don't know shit about history, yet lump one very diverse religion into one nice bundle of bigoted assumptions. You don't extend the same courtesy to christianity and it's bloody history for that matter.

I could try to educate you on some real historical facts. But since you seem to be nothing but a trollish revenant of the late and unlamented communist apologist, it's not even worth the effort.
I can tell that about all you know about history is nothing! Educate me just so I can make you look even more stupid than you already look.
I know about the blood thirsty history of Catholicism, Protestants, and Mormons. ETC What you and your cronies need to realize AGAIN is that Christian groups have snapped out of it and aren't bent on killing people anymore. Islam however has never snapped out of it. They just keep uprising and killing.

About ten years ago in China Muslims were uprising in the Northern section of the country (NE section I think) They didn't get their way. So a few days later as people were driving the to work on the highway, there were four, maybe five wooden stakes planted in the Median strip of the highway. No big deal right?....Other than the heads of Children that were put on the stakes.

You don't want me to post ALL the Islamic atrocities over the centuries. Actually, I'd love to do it but don't want to pummel the forum with a dozen pages that nobody will read or research.

Here's a cool one. Maybe your kids can get involved the next time. About 8 years ago in Somalia, there was a contest for teenagers to see who could recite the most verses from the Koran from memory. The third place winner got the equivalence of $100. The second place winner got a hundred dollars and an AK-47. AH! The first place winner got $100, an AK-47, and two, brand new, shiny, hand grenades!

Lets just keep letting the followers of the religion of peace in!