Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 03:36 PM by Stevil.)
RE: Muslims in Australia
(29-03-2017 12:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am not as brave as you are. That's all.
You are ignoring what I say: I say that there are many good Muslims. Are you ignoring this on purpose?
Do you live in the USA?

What are the chances of you being a gun victim?
What are the chances of you dying in a car accident?
What are the chances of you drowning?
What are the chances of you having an accident and dying in your own bathroom?
What are the chances of you being a victim of a mugging or a rape?
What are the chances of you being the victim of a Muslim related terror attack?

I'd say the bottom one is far less likely than any of the others I have listed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 03:30 PM
(29-03-2017 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree with you. I am all for reaching out to Muslims. I am against banning Islam in America. I am pro first Amendment no matter what.
But let me just say something. Many times I was walking very late at night in Kiev. Streets were empty. When there was a man walking behind me or on an opposite side of the street my heart was racing like crazy. I had fear. Many of those men were good men. But because I knew that there were bad men who attack women/girls I had fear "what if this one is bad?" There were couple of times when I had to run and hide.
Was my fear reasonable? According to people on this thread, my fear would be unreasonable. I was prejudice towards men WHEN I was walking on empty dark streets late at night. Can someone blame me for having this unreasonable fear?

I see the logic which leads you there. I don't think the fear is unreasonable, however. Sexual harassment and assault are very common. Predators who want a weaker target are more likely to find that in a woman walking the streets alone at night. Some men may think it's prejudice for women to behave cautiously in situations where they are vulnerable and alone with strangers (as I've heard some dudes argue). But it is not.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
29-03-2017, 03:32 PM
kim Wrote:Oh, they caught quite a bit of flack for it. However, Mormons love that show! It has given them TONS of great oppertunity to reach a wider audience.
My point was not about how Mormons react to the show.
kim Wrote:Check out the following about a Dutch stage actor. No doubt he is putting his life on the line....
Is he the only BRAVE one?
Are others have their unreasonable fears?

kim Wrote:Parker & Stone - the creators of Book Of Mormon, have their hands full so, they won't be tackling the Muslim world just yet.
I see.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-03-2017, 03:36 PM
(29-03-2017 03:21 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  ---
Lets just keep letting the followers of the religion of peace in!

Per the thread title, do you sarcastically mean keep letting them into Australia? Or just anywhere on the planet?

No one but you can help you to stop terrorising yourself. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-03-2017, 03:37 PM
(29-03-2017 03:28 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 12:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am not as brave as you are. That's all.
You are ignoring what I say: I say that there are many good Muslims. Are you ignoring this on purpose?
Do you live in the USA?

What are the chances of you being a gun victim?
What are the chances of you dying in a car accident?
What are the chances of you drowning?
What are the chances of you having an accident and dying in your own bathroom?
What are the chances of you being a victim of a mugging or a rape?
What are the chances of you being the victim of a Muslim related terror attack?

I'd say the bottom one is far less likely than any of the others I have listed.

Stevil, I live in Idaho. And I can agree with you. Chances are very slim that I will be killed by Islamic terrorists.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-03-2017, 03:45 PM
(29-03-2017 03:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  Stevil, I live in Idaho. And I can agree with you. Chances are very slim that I will be killed by Islamic terrorists.
So what are you fearful of with regard to Arab looking men?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
29-03-2017, 03:48 PM
(29-03-2017 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
kim Wrote:Check out the following about a Dutch stage actor. No doubt he is putting his life on the line....
Is he the only BRAVE one?
Are others have their unreasonable fears?

Quite a few comedians have been touring all over for several years and have been saying pretty scathing things, too. One of my favorites is the Axis of Evil Comedy Tour. It's a comedy tour featuring four Middle Eastern comedians and special guest comedians. I'm sure there are YouTube videos out there.
Here is some recent material ... a lot about this very subject.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-03-2017, 04:19 PM
(29-03-2017 03:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 03:21 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  ---
Lets just keep letting the followers of the religion of peace in!

Per the thread title, do you sarcastically mean keep letting them into Australia? Or just anywhere on the planet?

No one but you can help you to stop terrorising yourself. Shy

I live in America. I was near the towers just days before they fell, and working in Boston just days before the bombing. I'm probably a bit more familiar with terrorism than most. Maybe people should watch the documentary on New Hampshire native James Foley.

I remember the Australian prime minister say about 5 years ago that if Muslims didn't like it there to get the hell out...or something like that.

If I ever lose a grandchild or any family member to Islamic terrorism, I know what I have to do.
29-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Quote:To not make that distinction is inherently bigoted. They aren't all the same nor do they want to be the same.

They're ALL Muslims claiming allegiance to Allah! What trouble are you having understanding that! Sunni ir Shia that doesn't matter either!
29-03-2017, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 04:48 PM by Jack Hammer.)
(29-03-2017 09:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 09:24 AM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Do you think America would tolerate it if the Nazis were committing the atrocities the Muslims are today?

Muslims are not committing atrocities.

Misled are you? You do live on planet earth....right?

It amazes me that someone could believe that foolishness.

Islamic terrorism is the world's greatest threat and THEY ARE MUSLIM! They blow themselves in the name of Allah up believing they will get virgins in paradise and you have the nerve to say Muslims are not committing atrocities! I can post the teaching of virgins in paradise out of the Hadith if you like!

I swear if people were any more stupid the planet would have been destroyed by now!

In support of all you people compassionate to the followers of Islam...someone said the inquisition lasted for 300 years. Between the European and Spanish inquisition it lasted for almost 700 years! Are Catholics committing those atrocities today. NO! Muslim's are! So get with the program!

Nearly every place on Earth where there's war, CIVIL war, suicide bombings, beheadings, abductions, and so on....IT IS NEARLY ALL CAUSE BY MUSLIMS!
Abducting about 300 girls and using them as sex slaves and suicide bombers went over all of your heads didn't it?