Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 07:46 PM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(31-03-2017 07:10 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 06:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I recently banned someone who posted more videos, memes and links to senseless stuff than his own words.

Just saying.

Do you ever consider opposing views? Or do you just write them off as senseless stuff? I would think that a forum calling itself the THINKING atheist would welcome opposing views. After all, it's just me, a conservative believer, against a house full of atheist liberals. It seems even when I do post something challenging, nobody takes it up. They just resort to a slew of Derogatory replies.

It all started with the illustrious Reverant77. He didn't have the balls to reply intelligently. He just PM'D a nasty gram. Then when I called out Popeye on a major blunder telling him to get his facts right, he tells me to go fuck myself. It's fine with me if you just ban me because people here don't have the intelligence to conduct a productive discussion. I'm always being accused of being a troll when I'm the one being trolled.

I made a simple statement to the effect... "if science is the method we use to discover the earth, sea, sky, and universe, then science must have been used to create it." Now I would think that any THINKING atheist would welcome and confront that. Go look at the replies I got and you tell me WHO THE TROLLS ARE!

I love how people come here and accuse long-standing regular forum members of being trolls.

Internet Troll:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response."

I just don't see anything relevant or productive coming from you. I see a bunch of propagandist youtube videos from people who are suspect of having an agenda (one you obviously agree with). I do not find Alex Jones (turning frogs gay and putting autism in the water, sandy hook false flag) to be credible nor would I find anyone associated with his "Info Wars" to be useful or productive in society.

Now, of course anyone can change, so I will wait, but if you shit on our floor, you will be shown the door. That's about as nice as I can get.

The Original poster SYZ, while I don't agree with him on this particular issue, is actually someone on this forum I respect, you on the other haven't earned that yet from me. Time will tell if you do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2017, 07:48 PM
(31-03-2017 07:26 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  What are you going to do when the shit hits the fan after the next 911? Stay home behind the keyboard telling people Islam is a religion of peace?

Did I say Islam is religion of peace?

As to what I'm going to do when/if a major terrorist attack happens in my own country, I have absolutly no clue as to what I will do. Frankly, I think I would pretty much keep on living as I do right now or, if I want to picture myself in a more heroic fashion, I would be helping the victims, friends and family healing from that traumatism.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
31-03-2017, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 08:06 PM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
(31-03-2017 07:10 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 06:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I recently banned someone who posted more videos, memes and links to senseless stuff than his own words.

Just saying.

Do you ever consider opposing views? Or do you just write them off as senseless stuff? I would think that a forum calling itself the THINKING atheist would welcome opposing views. After all, it's just me, a conservative believer, against a house full of atheist liberals. It seems even when I do post something challenging, nobody takes it up. They just resort to a slew of Derogatory replies.

It all started with the illustrious Reverant77. He didn't have the balls to reply intelligently. He just PM'D a nasty gram. Then when I called out Popeye on a major blunder telling him to get his facts right, he tells me to go fuck myself. It's fine with me if you just ban me because people here don't have the intelligence to conduct a productive discussion. I'm always being accused of being a troll when I'm the one being trolled.

I made a simple statement to the effect... "if science is the method we use to discover the earth, sea, sky, and universe, then science must have been used to create it." Now I would think that any THINKING atheist would welcome and confront that. Go look at the replies I got and you tell me WHO THE TROLLS ARE!

Hello Jack Hammer. I'm one of the members who gave you a positive rep. I did this because I thought that you introduced yourself to TTA in an intriguing and interesting manner. In particular, I find your signature to be interesting, because IMO, it can really be extended to almost any way of thinking: do people only talk about what they value and how they see themselves, or are they willing to go the extra mile and actually put their principles, values, philosophies, beliefs, and etc. into practice, especially when doing so inconveniences them? In other words, are people all talk and no action?

With that said, I'm sorry that you feel that you've had a bad experience here. For what it's worth, based on my experience here, I have found that engaging other members with curiosity, respect, and a willingness to learn (especially when misunderstandings occur), can result in very interesting, thoughtful, and meaningful dialog. Thus, it is my hope that you will be able to have a better experience here and that the community can learn more about the interesting insights you have to offer. In addition, I hope that you can walk away with new, insightful knowledge gained from the plethora of intelligent, knowledgeable, and kind members on this forum. Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 4 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
31-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Emma said,

Quote:Just stop. Stop pretending that Muslims are the only one that have treated women badly. Stop pretending that they are the only ones that treat women badly. Stop pretending that all Muslims are the same, or most Muslims, or half of them, or whatever. That type of fear-mongering leads to even more violence.

Spoken like a true liberal.

Let's not offend the Muslims because if we do it's just going to piss them off and they'll attack us! Muslim's are already engaged in violence and it has nothing to do with people like me who know better than allow them to come in our country.

The liberals are going to blame the next 911 on Trump. I'm blaming the next 911 on the liberals TODAY! NOT after it happens.
31-03-2017, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 08:21 PM by Jack Hammer.)
(31-03-2017 08:00 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:10 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Do you ever consider opposing views? Or do you just write them off as senseless stuff? I would think that a forum calling itself the THINKING atheist would welcome opposing views. After all, it's just me, a conservative believer, against a house full of atheist liberals. It seems even when I do post something challenging, nobody takes it up. They just resort to a slew of Derogatory replies.

Hello Jack Hammer. I'm one of the members who gave you a positive rep. I did this because I thought that you introduced yourself to TTA in an intriguing and interesting manner. In particular, I find your signature to be interesting, because IMO, it can really be extended to almost any way of thinking: do people only talk about what they value and how they see themselves, or are they willing to go the extra mile and actually put their principles, values, philosophies, beliefs, and etc., into practice, especially when doing so inconveniences them? In other words, are people all talk and no action?

With that said, I'm sorry that you feel that you've had a bad experience here. For what it's worth, based on my experience here, I have found that engaging other members with curiosity, respect, and a willingness to learn (especially when misunderstandings occur), can result in very interesting, thoughtful, and meaningful dialog. Thus, it is my hope that you will be able to have a better experience here and that the community can learn more about the interesting insights you have to offer. In addition, I hope that you can walk away with new, insightful knowledge gained from the plethora of intelligent, knowledgeable, and kind members on this forum. Live long and prosper.

That's the most enlightening reply I've received yet. The truth is, even when I DID post a reply with curiosity and respect hoping to get some good dialog going, it just turns to shit and doesn't get going because of the many trolls around here and then, I"M THE ONE WHO GETS ACCUSED OF IT! When I get derogatory belittling replies it destroys the chance for good discussion. And then, I get tangled up in it and get accused of being the troll when I'm the one being trolled!

MORONDOG has been a troll since I've been here as well as a few others. Look at how he accused me of being dumb and a troll just for saying, "If it takes science to figure out the things we see in the earth, sea, sky, and universe, then it must have been science that created it."

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much...
31-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(31-03-2017 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:10 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Do you ever consider opposing views? Or do you just write them off as senseless stuff? I would think that a forum calling itself the THINKING atheist would welcome opposing views. After all, it's just me, a conservative believer, against a house full of atheist liberals. It seems even when I do post something challenging, nobody takes it up. They just resort to a slew of Derogatory replies.

I love how people come here and accuse long-standing regular forum members of being trolls.

Internet Troll:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response."

I just don't see anything relevant or productive coming from you. I see a bunch of propagandist youtube videos from people who are suspect of having an agenda (one you obviously agree with). I do not find Alex Jones (turning frogs gay and putting autism in the water, sandy hook false flag) to be credible nor would I find anyone associated with his "Info Wars" to be useful or productive in society.

Now, of course anyone can change, so I will wait, but if you shit on our floor, you will be shown the door. That's about as nice as I can get.

The Original poster SYZ, while I don't agree with him on this particular issue, is actually someone on this forum I respect, you on the other haven't earned that yet from me. Time will tell if you do.
Just ban me would you! You're nothing but a bunch of assholes BANN me CUNT!
31-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(31-03-2017 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Internet Troll:

31-03-2017, 08:35 PM
(31-03-2017 08:24 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love how people come here and accuse long-standing regular forum members of being trolls.

And there you have it. Told you I could smell this fucker.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-03-2017, 08:38 PM
(31-03-2017 08:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 08:24 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Just ban me would you! You're nothing but a bunch of assholes BANN me CUNT!

And there you have it. Told you I could smell this fucker.

You and me both, Bob, you and me both.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-03-2017, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 08:45 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(31-03-2017 08:24 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love how people come here and accuse long-standing regular forum members of being trolls.

Internet Troll:

It feels wrong to refuse such a heartfelt and warm request.

I'll think about it.

[Image: Animated+Cats+Gif+(272).gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post