Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 10:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:17 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Yes but there are great populations of them or small communities. Hardly the same comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then your argument is based on population size and not motive?

Neither of them are right in my mind. Killing for whatever reason. Disrespecting woman, controlling woman. Yes there are white christians who abuse their wives. I'm not sure of them setting up communities or mass migration of them. Sharia law has no place in the western world. Those that promote it. No place either. I guess it's not just the west though. Australia speaking out Germany and Sweden just about had it with them. London overtaken. It's spreading like a cancer.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 10:23 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I should Follow the thread I guess. I don't think it's trying to stop immigration of christians. It's Muslim. Christians fit in and adapt. The poll suggests that muslims don't adapt well. This is because of their beliefs on god.

For what it's worth, from what I've seen/heard about this issue, it's mainly because Australia [as a majority] don't want to change anything they do AND can be a bit blunt about it.

For example, here in the UK all sorts of immigrants are generally welcome, (something I'm very much on board with), which has lead to changes in society. Minor changes, but changes non the less.

Now there are a fair amount non-British shops (For example we have a fair few Polish shops in my town, again which I'm fine with) and various signs/information displays, being displayed in multiple languages, for obvious reasons. This leads to speculation of stupid things like "they'll ban Christmas next" [A real thought some people have, that springs up in the news almost every year] or "they've banned displaying the union jack because it offends people!", [again real things people say, that isn't true.]. For some, it's not a big deal, but for others it's their way of life and just don't know how to feel about it. To those same people, it'd be easier if they just weren't here. They also tend to use these extremist acts to enforce their mindset's.

In Aus, they aren't so "politically correct" as other countries, so as you can imagine you get some of the above stuff, [Not with all Australians obviously], but turned up to eleven. Take for example this advertisement campaign to stop people driving and talking on the phone which has the tagline "Don't be a dickhead", as an example of the mind set over there.

Generally, it appears to be a large bunch of idiots taking things way far, in terms of the population coming into Australia, but it's widely been said over there that "you want to come here, you have to act like we do", which again may not be very "PC" of them, but if that's their rule and you want to go there, then there you have it. A lot of things are up for debate on their mindset and how you should/shouldn't do things BUT if you visit a county such as Dubai, women have to cover up and act according to their social laws and so on. It doesn't mean you have to change faith, (if you have one), but that's the rules. So if Aus want certain set ups, that's their decision.

Not my personal mind set on how to do things, but just some stuff to think on.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
24-03-2017, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 10:57 AM by Goosesniper.)
Muslims in Australia
Yes. Immigration is welcome. We need skilled labor from different pools of people that you don't have in your own area. Hundreds of thousand of refugees let in. How can this be good for a particular country. It's a part of the global waive. Some like it. Some don't. I still
Like to say merry xmas to people. Cause I still celebrate it. I don't like to say happy holidays because merry xmas may offend you. It offends me that my belief offends you. You can wear your belief draped over your face. But I can't say merry xmas. In a lot of cases immigrants fit in. There are others that don't. Yeah maybe Australia refuse to change. What's wrong with that Isn't the reason for the refugees is they need change.

24-03-2017, 11:14 AM
(24-03-2017 10:52 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I still Like to say merry xmas to people. Cause I still celebrate it. I don't like to say happy holidays because merry xmas may offend you. It offends me that my belief offends you. You can wear your belief draped over your face. But I can't say merry xmas.

This is one of those things I mentioned above, you CAN say merry Christmas lol. Nobody is stopping you from doing so, it's not against the law and nobody gets offended. Some people say "happy holidays" because there is more than one winter "holiday" and want to include that in their statement, not because saying the word Christmas offends anybody.

I celebrate Christmas, and say merry Christmas to people who celebrate it. I will however say "happy holidays" if I'm not sure, just because I want to be nice and include people in the season. More importantly, at least for me anyway, is to say "have a happy new year" as that includes everybody, no matter what you'r doing.

Anway, that's beside the point, but yeah I think people look into this stuff too much. "Those bloody foreigners are stopping me doing something because they are offended", no they are not lol.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
24-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Muslims in Australia
(24-03-2017 11:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:52 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I still Like to say merry xmas to people. Cause I still celebrate it. I don't like to say happy holidays because merry xmas may offend you. It offends me that my belief offends you. You can wear your belief draped over your face. But I can't say merry xmas.

This is one of those things I mentioned above, you CAN say merry Christmas lol. Nobody is stopping you from doing so, it's not against the law and nobody gets offended. Some people say "happy holidays" because there is more than one winter "holiday" and want to include that in their statement, not because saying the word Christmas offends anybody.

I celebrate Christmas, and say merry Christmas to people who celebrate it. I will however say "happy holidays" if I'm not sure, just because I want to be nice and include people in the season. More importantly, at least for me anyway, is to say "have a happy new year" as that includes everybody, no matter what you'r doing.

Anway, that's beside the point, but yeah I think people look into this stuff too much. "Those bloody foreigners are stopping me doing something because they are offended", no they are not lol.

You are mistaken. Do I have to google it for you. It's a huge issue in Canada. Anyways. I'm done with you. Be gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
24-03-2017, 11:55 AM
(24-03-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  I can quote you a big chunk of the Bible that includes the death penalty. Try again.

Yeah but you don't hear christians actually still believing this. Or trying to bring it back into main stage.

As other posters have noted: yes, you do.

So what's the best way to deal with literalist, Sharia law-favoring Muslims? Lock them in their echo chambers? That's not going to moderate interpretations of Islam. Encountering other humans with different backgrounds and perspectives often (not always) helps people moderate their views.

It works the other way, too. If people in comfortable first world countries never see a Muslim in person, it's way too too easy to ignore the plight of those stuck in a war-torn, climate-change-devastated region. The people who survive don't forget the slight.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-03-2017, 12:11 PM
What also isn't adressed is the majority of actual muslim terrorist attacks are in fact muslims extremists killing muslims. Did anyone notice that just yesterday there was an attack in Mossul killing over a hundred? Does anyone notice the regular attacks in Kabul, Bagdad or anywhere else in the Middle East? Killing scores if not hundreds of people? No, of course not. Things like that aren't splashed over our headlines.

What makes headlines is Isil beheading a precious westerner. But that they killed over 10.000 of fellow muslims in the same atrocious ways, doesn't even make page five.
[+] 6 users Like abaris's post
26-03-2017, 04:00 AM
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

I think not only are you making light of a serious incident, but also missing my real point.

The specific, reprehensible aspects of this crime were driven purely by the overbearing Islamic beliefs of the husband towards his wife and his children.

I was nothing at all to do with the colour of his skin. He was also promoting jihad, and repeatedly assaulted his wife because she refused to accept his jihadist plans. And in term, he beat up his kids in an effort to coerce here into doing so. It was all to do with religion.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-03-2017, 06:10 AM
(26-03-2017 04:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

I think not only are you making light of a serious incident, but also missing my real point.

The specific, reprehensible aspects of this crime were driven purely by the overbearing Islamic beliefs of the husband towards his wife and his children.

I was nothing at all to do with the colour of his skin. He was also promoting jihad, and repeatedly assaulted his wife because she refused to accept his jihadist plans. And in term, he beat up his kids in an effort to coerce here into doing so. It was all to do with religion.

I think you're missing my point. Nutjobs come in every flavour. If he'd been an atheist he would have just found a different justification for his actions, he would have still done them (IMO, obviously I don't know what the fuck he actually thinks). Actually I deliberately referred to that story because there's an allegation that the SABC news actually used it to try and stoke anti-white sentiment. In the same way that shitty news outlets elsewhere try to stoke anti-Muslim sentiment.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2017, 02:30 AM
(26-03-2017 06:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think you're missing my point. Nutjobs come in every flavour. If he'd been an atheist he would have just found a different justification for his actions, he would have still done them...

He did what he did solely in the cause of Islam. Nothing else. This is the whole point. No Christian, or Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, (or atheist) would carry out such a crime in order to punish their spouse and children for not supporting their maniacal religious pursuits.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.