Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(31-03-2017 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 10:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Self-fulling Prophets?

Dodgy

To be fair, they're kinda the only prophets that get shit done.

Consider
So, are you saying that the POTUS might be a prophet? Shy

He is getting shit done. In fact, I don't think I've seen so much shit out of one president in years - decades, even!

When his four years are up, I bet we'll all be surprised that he's produced a shitload of self-fulfilled profits prophecies. Angel

And no one will be the wiser. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-04-2017, 01:42 PM
(01-04-2017 12:41 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  I think it's awesome that the dickheads and trolls get banned quicker here. No wonder the atmosphere is so friendly. The absolute bastard troublemakers get kicked out.

Let it be known that some do hang around, and it's a good thing. There are few rules, and attempting to play chicken with the mods over them is a recipe for disaster, but we do have some terrific trolls who manage to keep on the right side of them. And although I generally detest them, I think the forum would be poorer if they were summarily banned.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
01-04-2017, 02:36 PM
(01-04-2017 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 12:41 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  I think it's awesome that the dickheads and trolls get banned quicker here. No wonder the atmosphere is so friendly. The absolute bastard troublemakers get kicked out.

Let it be known that some do hang around, and it's a good thing. There are few rules, and attempting to play chicken with the mods over them is a recipe for disaster, but we do have some terrific trolls who manage to keep on the right side of them. And although I generally detest them, I think the forum would be poorer if they were summarily banned.

Yup, we need the “other” side to keep things lively. Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-04-2017, 02:38 PM
(01-04-2017 02:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup, we need the “other” side to keep things lively. Wink

There's the other side and then there's the other side. One's essential and the other one is something to puke over.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
02-04-2017, 12:39 AM
I like that obnoxious views like the bigotry we see in this thread and others are allowed. The answer to obnoxious speech is more speech.

There've only been three or four times in my nearly two decades online that I've urged for banning (except when I was a moderator and had to do the deed myself).
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-04-2017, 06:15 AM
(02-04-2017 12:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I like that obnoxious views like the bigotry we see in this thread and others are allowed. The answer to obnoxious speech is more speech.

There've only been three or four times in my nearly two decades online that I've urged for banning (except when I was a moderator and had to do the deed myself).

I'm not nearly so level headed... Which is why I don't have a banhammer...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2017, 06:27 AM
(02-04-2017 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I like that obnoxious views like the bigotry we see in this thread and others are allowed. The answer to obnoxious speech is more speech.

I'm not nearly so level headed... Which is why I don't have a banhammer...

You need a schtick.

I have duckies.

[Image: dws-giant-duck-hague-inlet-770px.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-04-2017, 06:35 AM
(02-04-2017 06:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You need a schtick.

Nah I'm good. Don't have the patience Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2017, 08:57 AM
If we banned folks just for being assholes, the only place I could post would be my journal. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-04-2017, 10:24 AM
(02-04-2017 08:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If we banned folks just for being assholes, the only place I could post would be my journal. Big Grin

Everyone makes mistakes, but I assume you need a consistent record of hateful absurdities to get banned.

Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post