Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 03:01 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(27-03-2017 02:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 06:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think you're missing my point. Nutjobs come in every flavour. If he'd been an atheist he would have just found a different justification for his actions, he would have still done them...

He did what he did solely in the cause of Islam. Nothing else. This is the whole point. No Christian, or Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, (or atheist) would carry out such a crime in order to punish their spouse and children for not supporting their maniacal religious pursuits.

I *see*! Muslims are generally evil, whereas Christians, Bhuddists, Hindus and Jews and indeed atheists are mild as milk and never murder each other for religious reasons, unless they're mentally ill. Only Muslims are perfectly sane and then murder each other and indeed innocent bystanders purely because of religion.

I think rather than deporting such dangerous people we should preemptively shoot them. After all they're going to die sooner or later anyway, and this way we can make sure society is safe.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2017, 03:01 AM
(24-03-2017 12:11 PM)abaris Wrote:  What also isn't adressed is the majority of actual muslim terrorist attacks are in fact muslims extremists killing muslims. Did anyone notice that just yesterday there was an attack in Mossul killing over a hundred? Does anyone notice the regular attacks in Kabul, Bagdad or anywhere else in the Middle East? Killing scores if not hundreds of people? No, of course not. Things like that aren't splashed over our headlines.

What makes headlines is Isil beheading a precious westerner. But that they killed over 10.000 of fellow muslims in the same atrocious ways, doesn't even make page five.

Listen, I think it's ridiculous that you expect us to care for other human beings who look different than us, or speak different languages, or especially those who worship other non-existent gods.

Get real, dude.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-03-2017, 03:05 AM
(27-03-2017 02:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 06:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think you're missing my point. Nutjobs come in every flavour. If he'd been an atheist he would have just found a different justification for his actions, he would have still done them...

He did what he did solely in the cause of Islam. Nothing else. This is the whole point. No Christian, or Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, (or atheist) would carry out such a crime in order to punish their spouse and children for not supporting their maniacal religious pursuits.

And others commit equally obnoxious and irrational acts solely in the cause of racism ... or sexism ... or nationalism ... and they're all equally ill-founded. And they're all equally convenient.

People regularly use cultural attitudes to justify the most heinous acts. It's no surprise at all that religion should be one of those justifications.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-03-2017, 03:34 AM
(26-03-2017 04:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The specific, reprehensible aspects of this crime were driven purely by the overbearing Islamic beliefs of the husband towards his wife and his children.

I was nothing at all to do with the colour of his skin. He was also promoting jihad, and repeatedly assaulted his wife because she refused to accept his jihadist plans. And in term, he beat up his kids in an effort to coerce here into doing so. It was all to do with religion.

Well, actually, it perhaps was based on this man's beliefs, rather than Islam as a whole.
I'd imagine that Islam is much like Christianity in that there is a great deal of interpretation going on, a great deal of variance from believer to believer.

The fact of the matter is that most Muslims don't go around killing people. Most Muslims, like you and me are just interested in taking care of themselves and their family, in living in a peaceful society.

There are many people driven to violence because of their own situation, be it mental imbalance, psychological trauma, or perceived war against evil. I don't think we can paint an individual as "evil" and ready to find any excuse to start doing horrific things. So I agree in a way, it wasn't just that this "evil" person happened to be a Muslim.

For some reason he has come to interpret Islamic faith in the destructive and aggressive way that he did. Perhaps even, those around him had supported this extreme version of the faith, who knows. If this is the case then these extremists need to be stopped, quelled or what ever, but it makes no sense to paint all Muslims with that brush. There is no need to fear Muslims in general.

If you hold this position, if you support singling out Muslims as a whole then you are creating resentment and enemies. I can understand why Muslims would not respond well to that. I'd support them against you. In fact I am wholly opposed to Trump's silly Muslim travel ban. I'm not a USA person, have no interest in going there, but USA has such an influence on the world, for some reason they are held up as the representative of the "West", and so, what they do, does impact me. I am wholly against Trump and his fear mongering and painting of Muslims and Mexicans as enemies. I know Oz has ben crawling up the bum of USA for years, but you guys have gotto distance yourself from the current flavour of USA crazy. Australia is better than that.
27-03-2017, 04:48 AM
(24-03-2017 11:45 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 11:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  This is one of those things I mentioned above, you CAN say merry Christmas lol. Nobody is stopping you from doing so, it's not against the law and nobody gets offended. Some people say "happy holidays" because there is more than one winter "holiday" and want to include that in their statement, not because saying the word Christmas offends anybody.

I celebrate Christmas, and say merry Christmas to people who celebrate it. I will however say "happy holidays" if I'm not sure, just because I want to be nice and include people in the season. More importantly, at least for me anyway, is to say "have a happy new year" as that includes everybody, no matter what you'r doing.

Anway, that's beside the point, but yeah I think people look into this stuff too much. "Those bloody foreigners are stopping me doing something because they are offended", no they are not lol.

You are mistaken. Do I have to google it for you. It's a huge issue in Canada. Anyways. I'm done with you. Be gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Laugh out load charming.

For whats it's worth, it was a big talking topic in the UK for a bit, but it turned out to be false, so that's what I'm basing it on.

Anyway, even if you start saying "happy holidays" is that so much of a problem? I have friends of various faiths/non-faiths, and would rather encompass them all rather than walking in with my "merry Christmas" which may or may not be offensive to anybody.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
27-03-2017, 05:39 AM
(24-03-2017 10:42 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  So then your argument is based on population size and not motive?

Neither of them are right in my mind. Killing for whatever reason. Disrespecting woman, controlling woman. Yes there are white christians who abuse their wives. I'm not sure of them setting up communities or mass migration of them.

Apparently, you've never heard of the Mormons. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-03-2017, 05:17 PM
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

There's a big difference between a white boy killing his family as opposed to a religious fanatic who believes he will get virgins in paradise for flying jet liners into skyscrapers.
The difference? The white boy isn't devoted to a radical religion of over 1.5 billion people, many of whom have the same ideology.
27-03-2017, 08:31 PM
(27-03-2017 05:17 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing, big news story here a few months ago was about a white boy who murdered his entire family after raping his sister and getting caught by his parents. Clearly white people are dangerous.

There's a big difference between a white boy killing his family as opposed to a religious fanatic who believes he will get virgins in paradise for flying jet liners into skyscrapers.
The difference? The white boy isn't devoted to a radical religion of over 1.5 billion people, many of whom have the same ideology.

It was this post since you asked.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-03-2017, 09:16 PM
(27-03-2017 08:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 05:17 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  There's a big difference between a white boy killing his family as opposed to a religious fanatic who believes he will get virgins in paradise for flying jet liners into skyscrapers.

It was this post since you asked.

And you don't see the difference? Are you a Muslim? Are you a Christian? Or is it you're simply, "politically correct?"
27-03-2017, 10:01 PM
(27-03-2017 09:16 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 08:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was this post since you asked.

And you don't see the difference? Are you a Muslim? Are you a Christian? Or is it you're simply, "politically correct?"

None of the above I am just not a bigot who relegates all people to a single group of others. I have met far more insanely overzealous white Christians that pose far more risk to security and safety than Muslims. In fact nearly all the Muslims I have met have been hard working and genuinely nice, but don't let facts shade your worldview.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post