Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 05:38 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(28-03-2017 05:03 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 03:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So christians murdering others that aren't Australian don't count, but we can just toss out the muslims in general for the purposes of this thread?

Nothing sus about that reasoning.

You too are missing the point. Christians here in Australia don't kill each other in the name and/or the cause of their Christianity. Muslims do.

Yep, the one that is against making categorical fallacies in the context of societial problems is the one missing the point.
You do realise that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percentage does not equal the whole, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-03-2017, 06:56 AM
(28-03-2017 05:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 04:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Even if I grant you that Islam makes people evil, which I absolutely do not so grant, what exactly do you propose to do about it? Ban Islam as a religion? Police what people must think?

A good start here in Australia—because thus far we have a very low Islamic population—would be to get the AFP and the Federal Immigration and Border Control departments to carry out an intense background search of any Muslim migrant, especially those arriving here illegally from Indonesia. This would include family connections past and present, membership of radical organisations, political views, past un/employment status, prior criminal records if any, etc.

At the moment, large(ish) numbers of south-east Asian Muslims land in Australia on temporary (457) working visas—with absolutely zero background checks. Not good enough.

Ah, so it is thought policing then. Discrimination on religious grounds. You've got no problem with this?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-03-2017, 07:12 AM
(28-03-2017 03:31 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Only Muslims kill in the name of Islam, or because of Islam any more.

Edited for historical accuracy.

You're forgetting that the reason why this is is not because Christianity is an inherently more peaceful religion, but rather, because the Thirty Years' War with its atrocious bloodletting taught Europeans that allowing Christianity to follow its basest impulses leads to disaster.

In the wake of that war, those countries most directly involved moved to limit the power wielded by religion in society. Because of that, we in the West get much less religious indoctrination, and we see its use in justifying the indefensible extremely rarely.

Had you written the above sentence four centuries ago, you would have had to change the religion to "Christian". The only reason why you don't nowadays is because Christianity has been defanged in the West.

You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers.

Yeah, I think you really need to rethink your position here. Sloppy thinking doesn't befit you, but that is exactly what you're practicing.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-03-2017, 07:42 AM
(28-03-2017 06:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 05:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  A good start here in Australia—because thus far we have a very low Islamic population—would be to get the AFP and the Federal Immigration and Border Control departments to carry out an intense background search of any Muslim migrant, especially those arriving here illegally from Indonesia. This would include family connections past and present, membership of radical organisations, political views, past un/employment status, prior criminal records if any, etc.

At the moment, large(ish) numbers of south-east Asian Muslims land in Australia on temporary (457) working visas—with absolutely zero background checks. Not good enough.

Ah, so it is thought policing then. Discrimination on religious grounds. You've got no problem with this?

Ain't like Australia doesn't have a long-standing tradition of discriminatory national practice...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-03-2017, 07:44 AM
(28-03-2017 07:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers.

They don't count because they aren't Australian, didn't you see the last couple of posts?

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Not saying this is the OP's view. But oftentimes, Muslim is just a PC way of saying non-white.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 4 users Like tomilay's post
28-03-2017, 08:19 AM
(28-03-2017 06:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, so it is thought policing then. Discrimination on religious grounds. You've got no problem with this?

Nope. It's not "discrimination" per se, either religious or otherwise. It's simply a matter of retaining Australia's current state of non religiously-promoted violence.

I'm also a little bemused as to why you're so defensive of the Islamic religion?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-03-2017, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2017 08:37 AM by morondog.)
(28-03-2017 08:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 06:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, so it is thought policing then. Discrimination on religious grounds. You've got no problem with this?

Nope. It's not "discrimination" per se, either religious or otherwise. It's simply a matter of retaining Australia's current state of non religiously-promoted violence.

I'm also a little bemused as to why you're so defensive of the Islamic religion?

Ah yes, the good old "You must secretly be a Muslim" defence Rolleyes

You are proposing a religious discrimination in the way you treat immigrants. You *could* push for more vetting of *all* immigrants, but you only want it for Muslims. Forget vetting Brits and all the rest - as long as they're not Muslim. That's as explicit as it gets. It's not "not discrimination per se" - that's *exactly* what it is.

ETA: Inshallah, SYZ will not discover my secret identity Bechased Facepalm

ETA: Posting while wearing a burqa... WIN! Big Grin

ETA: I wonder if we can declare a fatwa against Australians?

ETA: Just hangin' out, secretly being a Muslim...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
28-03-2017, 08:36 AM
(28-03-2017 07:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers...

Uh... I would've thought my topic header including the word "Australia" and the content of my posts about the negative impact of Islamic zealots on Aussie society was unambiguous. Why are you talking about witches and gays being killed in Africa? What has that to do with screening Muslim immigrants to Australia? False equivalence.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-03-2017, 08:41 AM
(28-03-2017 08:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 07:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers...

Uh... I would've thought my topic header including the word "Australia" and the content of my posts about the negative impact of Islamic zealots on Aussie society was unambiguous. Why are you talking about witches and gays being killed in Africa? What has that to do with screening Muslim immigrants to Australia? False equivalence.

What if Africans want to immigrate to Australia? let 'em in I say, as long as they're not Muslim.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post