Muslims in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 08:49 AM
RE: Muslims in Australia
(28-03-2017 08:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are proposing a religious discrimination in the way you treat immigrants. You *could* push for more vetting of *all* immigrants, but you only want it for Muslims. Forget vetting Brits and all the rest - as long as they're not Muslim....

Why vet immigrants from the UK, or France, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Brazil, or Greece (assuming they're not likely to be Islamic jihadists)?

It's only immigrants from traditionally hostile Islamic countries—particularly Indonesia, Sudan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or India—that need vetting as they form a large proportion of our migrant intake here.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2017, 08:49 AM
(28-03-2017 08:18 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Not saying this is the OP's view. But oftentimes, Muslim is just a PC way of saying non-white.

Usually when they say muslim, they mean muslim. And they get all outraged over you calling them racist, because, you know, wink, wink, muslims aren't a race.

But one has only to replace the word muslim with the word jew in what they say. That's where their comments are allowed to blossom and show us their real meaning. We have been there before. It's just another religion/demographic having displaced the bogeymen of old. The line of thought, if one wants to call it that, hasn't changed within the last 80 years.
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
28-03-2017, 09:06 AM
(28-03-2017 08:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 08:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are proposing a religious discrimination in the way you treat immigrants. You *could* push for more vetting of *all* immigrants, but you only want it for Muslims. Forget vetting Brits and all the rest - as long as they're not Muslim....

Why vet immigrants from the UK, or France, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Brazil, or Greece (assuming they're not likely to be Islamic jihadists)?

It's only immigrants from traditionally hostile Islamic countries—particularly Indonesia, Sudan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or India—that need vetting as they form a large proportion of our migrant intake here.

I find it hard to believe there is no form of vetting for all immigrants, including from the west(probably less stringent, but still there). If anything, it looks like Australia is already pretty harsh on immigrants coming by boat https://www.theatlantic.com/internationa...n/480189/.

It places them in offshore-detention facilities on two Pacific Island nations, Nauru and Papua New Guinea (PNG), and processes their asylum claims while keeping them there. Human-rights advocates and refugee organizations say the country’s policy is cruel. It sets no bail, no time limit to their stay, and on average asylum-seekers will spend a year in camps, they say.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
28-03-2017, 09:13 AM
(28-03-2017 08:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

I wasn't aware that you guys were "traditionally hostile" to those countries. What's so goddamn hostile about Indonesians and Bangladeshis? I mean, some of those fuckers make a mean curry, I'll grant you that.

Well it will comfort you to know that large numbers of ISIS fighters were recruited from UK and France, full citizens Smile I'm also gonna go right ahead and say that this sounds like racism to me. What about extremist ultranationalist militants from Europe and the USA? You're not worried about them but you're foaming at the mouth about Muslims.

Extremist attacks are scary, yeah. But let's recall those stats you posted a few threads ago - where you claimed Islamic terrorism was responsible for some 14K deaths over a 50 year period. That's fucken *miniscule*, and on that basis you want to harrass millions of people, many of whom probably also hold Australian citizenship just like you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-03-2017, 09:15 AM
(28-03-2017 07:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 07:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers.

They don't count because they aren't Australian, didn't you see the last couple of posts?

Perhaps them pesky Mooslims simply don't like them any Pommies.
28-03-2017, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2017 09:21 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(28-03-2017 08:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 07:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're also forgetting about the "witches" and the gays in Africa who are regularly killed by Christians there solely due to the religious impulsion of the murderers...

Uh... I would've thought my topic header including the word "Australia" and the content of my posts about the negative impact of Islamic zealots on Aussie society was unambiguous. Why are you talking about witches and gays being killed in Africa? What has that to do with screening Muslim immigrants to Australia? False equivalence.

Uh, I'm addressing what I see as an inaccurate treatment of religions in your views. I had thought that would not need explanation, but apparently I was wrong.

(28-03-2017 08:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Why vet immigrants from the UK, or France, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Brazil, or Greece (assuming they're not likely to be Islamic jihadists)?

A stupid assumption, given the numbers of radicals running around with European passports right now. Why don't you want to check ALL Europeans, given the events of the last couple of years?
28-03-2017, 09:22 AM
(28-03-2017 08:49 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 08:18 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Not saying this is the OP's view. But oftentimes, Muslim is just a PC way of saying non-white.

Usually when they say muslim, they mean muslim. And they get all outraged over you calling them racist, because, you know, wink, wink, muslims aren't a race.

But one has only to replace the word muslim with the word jew in what they say. That's where their comments are allowed to blossom and show us their real meaning. We have been there before. It's just another religion/demographic having displaced the bogeymen of old. The line of thought, if one wants to call it that, hasn't changed within the last 80 years.

There is always this underlying sentiment that the west was better at some unspecified prior time, than it is today, because these people were not here. With few exceptions, most prior generations have generally been worse off than their descendants. This mythical time of a greater time is a figment of misplaced nostalgia.

In the US, we are facing the situation where our descendants will likely be worse off, first time in a few generations, and it has nothing to do with immigration of undesirables. But rather the economy has shifted dramatically in favor the 0.01 percent.

Again, for avoidance of doubt, I don't think this is SYZ's point - having seen his other posts over time. But a lot of people who think like that, tend to harbor such ideas.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
28-03-2017, 09:30 AM
PS Syz: You DID propose a religious test, you only then suddenly decided (much like Trump) that it was gonna be a geographic test when it was allleged to be discrimination.

You think I'm super-pro-go-go-Ayatollah-Allahu-akhbar-Muslim 'cos I tend to contradict you over this shit.

I think you're explicitly biased.

I don't say that Islam is some kind of wonderful faith. I think it's a load of shit same like every other religion. But I don't think your solution of thought-police is in any way a good one, nor do I like what I see as your transparent attempts to drum up anti-Muslim sentiment.

It could be purely down to the way we think. I prefer people to leave me alone, but I have no problem with them practising their religion as long as they don't bother me. You seem much more of a hardline anti-theist. Whatever the case may be, I think you're an OK guy, just to be clear. But I'm still not gonna back down, unless you can show some clear reasoning behind your posts, and not just anecdotal Muslims-are-bad rhetoric.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-03-2017, 09:32 AM
(28-03-2017 09:22 AM)tomilay Wrote:  There is always this underlying sentiment that the west was better at some unspecified prior time, than it is today, because these people were not here.

It's called nationalism. And it doesn't have to do with muslims. Ask a brit at a pub about Poles. Chances are they will embark on a rant. They will rant about Pakis too, but every country has several demographics to remove if you are to believe their nationalists.
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
28-03-2017, 09:40 AM
(28-03-2017 09:32 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 09:22 AM)tomilay Wrote:  There is always this underlying sentiment that the west was better at some unspecified prior time, than it is today, because these people were not here.

It's called nationalism. And it doesn't have to do with muslims. Ask a brit at a pub about Poles. Chances are they will embark on a rant. They will rant about Pakis too, but every country has several demographics to remove if you are to believe their nationalists.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post