Muslims protest at global atheist convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Muslims protest at global atheist convention
This was from last year in Melbourne. Christians don't like atheists but- and correct me if I'm wrong-some Muslims are far more outraged by atheists particularly atheists who have rejected the Koran.

I have started reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali who is now a atheist after rejecting god and the Koran. She is now living with a price on her head.

Here she is being asked a question by Christopher Hitchens at a news conference.

Extraordinary women. In her book she describes the female circumcision (mutilation) she endured. I had to put the book down and gather myself together again. It's shattering to read.

If there are any former Muslims on the forum I'd love to hear their story and how they are making it through life. I did see one post in my search.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-09-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Muslims protest at global atheist convention
(11-09-2013 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This was from last year in Melbourne. Christians don't like atheists but- and correct me if I'm wrong-some Muslims are far more outraged by atheists particularly atheists who have rejected the Koran.

I have started reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali who is now a atheist after rejecting god and the Koran. She is now living with a price on her head.

Here she is being asked a question by Christopher Hitchens at a news conference.

Extraordinary women. In her book she describes the female circumcision (mutilation) she endured. I had to put the book down and gather myself together again. It's shattering to read.

If there are any former Muslims on the forum I'd love to hear their story and how they are making it through life. I did see one post in my search.

Oops. My first video didn't work. Let me try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsBXEPgA6w#t=18

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 05:08 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(11-09-2013 02:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This was from last year in Melbourne. Christians don't like atheists but- and correct me if I'm wrong-some Muslims are far more outraged by atheists particularly atheists who have rejected the Koran.

Oops. My first video didn't work. Let me try this.

I was there. It was a great atmosphere. They were chanting "Mohammed is the messenger," We were singing "always look on the bright side of life." I met Dan Dennet, Sam Harris.

ps Ayaan is a beautiful person. She had to have body guards everywhere she went.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
(11-09-2013 05:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 02:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oops. My first video didn't work. Let me try this.

I was there. It was a great atmosphere. They were chanting "Mohammed is the messenger," We were singing "always look on the bright side of life." I met Dan Dennet, Sam Harris.

ps Ayaan is a beautiful person. She had to have body guards everywhere she went.

ooh ooh ooh ooh ... grounding my first dangling reference from Doc Fulton. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Agreed. Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Awesome lady.

(11-09-2013 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ooh ooh ooh ooh ... grounding my first dangling reference from Doc Fulton. Big Grin

Ya missed one...

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Because nothing proves God like chanting a rhyme over and over...?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
11-09-2013, 06:01 PM
(11-09-2013 05:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 02:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oops. My first video didn't work. Let me try this.

You were there??!! Wow. I'm honored to be in your presence.BowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

Were there Christians protesting too or just Muslims?

11-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Do they protest every sunday in front of churches too ?

Someone needs to convince the fundies of all religions if they toss themselves into a volcano, then their god will convert a non-believer.
If you're willing to kill yourself in order to convert someone, I'm not going to stop you.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Too bad I couldn't go. I'd set up a booth and sell "The Satanic Verses", and copies of Spencer's "Did Muhammad Exist". That's would put their undies in a knot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-09-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd sell pictures of Muhammad.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post