Muslims' stories about atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Muslims' stories about atheists
Yep, gravity will test your faith and make you realize that your god, no matter which god, desires for you to be dead vs alive, desires for you to be stupid and faithful, even at the cost of your own life.

If you decide to jump out of that plane with no parachute, then god wants you dead.
If you decide not to jump, then god wants you to live.

It's funny how YOUR decision is what god wants.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2016, 12:50 PM
(25-06-2016 05:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 05:28 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ...
i was expecting a head to roll.

I expect the atheist in the story was too, hence the bowed head.

It would have been unusual for a Sheikh to travel without an entourage gifted with scimitar-skills.

Yes

a thousand muslims and one atheist show up in the open hot desert. yeah... he isnt gettin out alive. pretty sure there would be a riot if he had.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
25-06-2016, 12:51 PM
What an idiotic story.

The disbeliever should have asked why he didn’t take his flying carpet across, being late is not good form.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-06-2016, 01:13 PM
(24-06-2016 11:46 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  [...]

Then Sheikh spoke : " This is just what I wanted to hear ! Just as a tree can't form itself into a boat, how can the sun rise all by itself in the morning at its exact time?

How can it set each evening at its correct moment and place? Who makes us breathe in air and who makes our heart beat?"

The disbeliever bowed down his head � he was speechless and he had no answer.

[...]

i'm not sure if this proves anything tbh. but most of muslims yell with "checkmate, atheists" every time someone mention that none sensed story.Confused

The sun rises because of the rotation of the earth. Our heart beating is an involuntary muscle movement--the blood must be pumped throughout our muscles. We breathe because it's one of the various means of providing energy to our cells.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2016, 02:21 PM
(25-06-2016 01:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'd do it, but being neg-repped is not a protected class...therefore the man can discriminate against us.

Huh

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-06-2016, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 03:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-06-2016 12:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Rose....he is taking a drug that makes him off his rocker.

I can't forgive you for mocking Banjo's fight with brain cancer. I hope Banjo can. That's probably the most egregious display of mocking The Word you've ever exhibited and there have been many. You are no Christian, just another asshole. The atheists here are far more Christian than you can ever hope to be.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-06-2016, 02:33 PM
(24-06-2016 11:46 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  since my teacher used to tell us this story i liked to share with you all.
like how would you respond if a muslim apologist came with this to you?

""" Many years ago, there once lived a man who didn't believe in Allah. And because he didn't believe in Allah, he would mock at all the muslims about believing in One Allah . It so happened that a Sheikh was told about the man and his wicked ways. He thought long and hard about a plan and, at last, came up with a plan that Insha Allah, would work.

He challenged all those who didn't believe in God and fixed a time and date for this challenge. This challenge was to take place on an open ground, in which the Sheikh would prove to them that there was a God and only One God � Allah.

On this day, thousands of people turned up for the event. Everyone, including the muslims were curious to see how the Sheikh would prove One Allah to them. So the muslims were seated on one side, and the disbelievers on the other side. Five minutes ticked by, then ten . . . But the Sheikh was nowhere to be seen. He had not turned up.

The speaker of the disbelievers stood up and spoke to the people : " It seems that we are all wasting our time ! Even the Sheikh knows that there is no God, that's why he decided not to attend this meeting."

Just at that moment, the Sheikh arrived.

"What took you so long ? It seems that you yourself are in doubt that there is a God!" laughed the disbeliever.

But the Sheikh replied in a calm voice, " You see, on my way here, there was a river to cross. I waited for the boat, but I could not see one. All of a sudden, a nearby tree walked towards the river bank and fell down in front of me. The bark peeled off automatically and started to chop itself into planks, all by itself. Then the bits and the planks began to fix itself and formed into a beautiful boat. I quickly got into the boat and it started to row, all by itself. This is how I got here."

The disbeliever laughed and told all the muslims, "What kind of Sheikh have you elected as your speaker ? He is insane ! How can a tree walk ? How can a tree peel itself ? How can a tree chop itself an and form into a boat ?"

Then Sheikh spoke : " This is just what I wanted to hear ! Just as a tree can't form itself into a boat, how can the sun rise all by itself in the morning at its exact time ?

How can it set each evening at its correct moment and place? Who makes us breathe in air and who makes our heart beat?"

"Allah, of course ! He is the Creator of the entire Universe," the Sheikh said.

Such was the effect of the Sheikh's words and his beautiful invitation to Islam, that many of the disbelievers became muslims at the hands of the Sheikh.""

i'm not sure if this proves anything tbh. but most of muslims yell with "checkmate, atheists" every time someone mention that none sensed story.Confused

It proves nothing. It is an argument from ignorance. If those people were convinced by this then they were gullible fools who don't know how to reason. The solution is to teach them to think properly, not ply them with fantasy stories.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
25-06-2016, 02:39 PM
(25-06-2016 01:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I apologize for projecting Chas's stupidity onto all of you.

I forgive you for calling Chas stupid.

"You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:5. But since you've never read the Bible you probably got no clue what that even means.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-06-2016, 02:40 PM
(25-06-2016 02:33 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 11:46 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  since my teacher used to tell us this story i liked to share with you all.
like how would you respond if a muslim apologist came with this to you?

""" Many years ago, there once lived a man who didn't believe in Allah. And because he didn't believe in Allah, he would mock at all the muslims about believing in One Allah . It so happened that a Sheikh was told about the man and his wicked ways. He thought long and hard about a plan and, at last, came up with a plan that Insha Allah, would work.

He challenged all those who didn't believe in God and fixed a time and date for this challenge. This challenge was to take place on an open ground, in which the Sheikh would prove to them that there was a God and only One God � Allah.

On this day, thousands of people turned up for the event. Everyone, including the muslims were curious to see how the Sheikh would prove One Allah to them. So the muslims were seated on one side, and the disbelievers on the other side. Five minutes ticked by, then ten . . . But the Sheikh was nowhere to be seen. He had not turned up.

The speaker of the disbelievers stood up and spoke to the people : " It seems that we are all wasting our time ! Even the Sheikh knows that there is no God, that's why he decided not to attend this meeting."

Just at that moment, the Sheikh arrived.

"What took you so long ? It seems that you yourself are in doubt that there is a God!" laughed the disbeliever.

But the Sheikh replied in a calm voice, " You see, on my way here, there was a river to cross. I waited for the boat, but I could not see one. All of a sudden, a nearby tree walked towards the river bank and fell down in front of me. The bark peeled off automatically and started to chop itself into planks, all by itself. Then the bits and the planks began to fix itself and formed into a beautiful boat. I quickly got into the boat and it started to row, all by itself. This is how I got here."

The disbeliever laughed and told all the muslims, "What kind of Sheikh have you elected as your speaker ? He is insane ! How can a tree walk ? How can a tree peel itself ? How can a tree chop itself an and form into a boat ?"

Then Sheikh spoke : " This is just what I wanted to hear ! Just as a tree can't form itself into a boat, how can the sun rise all by itself in the morning at its exact time ?

"Allah, of course ! He is the Creator of the entire Universe," the Sheikh said.

Such was the effect of the Sheikh's words and his beautiful invitation to Islam, that many of the disbelievers became muslims at the hands of the Sheikh.""

It proves nothing. It is an argument from ignorance. If those people were convinced by this then they were gullible fools who don't know how to reason. The solution is to teach them to think properly, not ply them with fantasy stories.

Just for the record the op doesn't agree with it either.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-06-2016, 02:43 PM
(25-06-2016 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 12:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Rose....he is taking a drug that makes him off his rocker.

I can't forgive you for mocking Banjo's fight with brain cancer. I hope Banjo can. That's probably the worst display of mocking The Word you've ever exhibited and there have been many. You are no Christian, just another asshole. The atheists here are far more Christian than you can ever hope to be.

Apparently Heywood isn't a Christian, he worships a God of logic and reason, so that God doesn't care about mocking people fighting cancer apparently. But yeah we shouldn't compare him to Christians since he isn't one, we can still compare him to other human beings though and he's still coming up short.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post