Muslims' stories about atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Muslims' stories about atheists
Ignoring the argument from ignorance, that explanation, in no way, proved that Allah was the responsible deity for creation.

Me: Zeus is the one true God of gods.

Non believers: How do you know?

Me: Trees and shit. Checkmate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
25-06-2016, 05:07 PM
(25-06-2016 03:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 03:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  goddam somebody needs to check my sarcasm radar when they're checking my gaydar.

As atonement I offer this without comment.

You are forgiven, honestly he did say he believes in a god of logic and reason so I wasn't be totally sarcastic...I mean I was because he's not all that logical, he let's his emotions get to him far too much. If I was going to worship a logical being it would be Spock, no question, he wouldn't mock people who are sick either:

Please accept this Spock music video as my humble token of forgiveness.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
25-06-2016, 05:22 PM
(25-06-2016 05:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Ignoring the argument from ignorance, that explanation, in no way, proved that Allah was the responsible deity for creation.

I find myself having to make the same kind of point all the time, like how do you explain who created Earth? Well JR.R. Tolkien of course! He even drew out a whole map that shows how far the shire is from Mordor...oh wait I thought you meant Middle Earth, my bad. Yeah it's pretty obvious a space wizard made us, got bored and left to make more universes, planets and sentient beings, we were just the first draft.

I think they're just so used to the idea of creator Gods who love us, judge us, protects us, etc. that they can't imagine any other explanation but any other explanation could be just as valid if the only evidence we have is that we are here.

I always ask if you walked into a room with a dead body bleeding from stab wounds, a bloody knife and bloody footprints leading to the door you would assume someone just murdered this person right?

If someone else came in and said "A wizard put this dead body here, that's not even a real knife, he killed him with his wand and he escaped into another dimension!" That would make no sense at all but it's the same with theists, we do have natural reasons for the existence of life and the universe, why come up with fantastical reasons that could be true?

It's like that medical saying "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras." When studying anything tangible like a tree, think nature, not magical Gods creating trees out of thin air for their own amusement.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
25-06-2016, 07:35 PM
(25-06-2016 05:22 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 05:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Ignoring the argument from ignorance, that explanation, in no way, proved that Allah was the responsible deity for creation.

I find myself having to make the same kind of point all the time, like how do you explain who created Earth? Well JR.R. Tolkien of course! He even drew out a whole map that shows how far the shire is from Mordor...oh wait I thought you meant Middle Earth, my bad. Yeah it's pretty obvious a space wizard made us, got bored and left to make more universes, planets and sentient beings, we were just the first draft.

I think they're just so used to the idea of creator Gods who love us, judge us, protects us, etc. that they can't imagine any other explanation but any other explanation could be just as valid if the only evidence we have is that we are here.

I always ask if you walked into a room with a dead body bleeding from stab wounds, a bloody knife and bloody footprints leading to the door you would assume someone just murdered this person right?

If someone else came in and said "A wizard put this dead body here, that's not even a real knife, he killed him with his wand and he escaped into another dimension!" That would make no sense at all but it's the same with theists, we do have natural reasons for the existence of life and the universe, why come up with fantastical reasons that could be true?

It's like that medical saying "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras." When studying anything tangible like a tree, think nature, not magical Gods creating trees out of thin air for their own amusement.

It is a testament to the power of indoctrination.

I think you could convince young children of any made from scratch deity with separation and indoctrination. The addition of eternity in hell is likely a large factor in the staying power of our worlds major religions.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-06-2016, 12:39 AM
(25-06-2016 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 12:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Rose....he is taking a drug that makes him off his rocker.

I can't forgive you for mocking Banjo's fight with brain cancer. I hope Banjo can. That's probably the most egregious display of mocking The Word you've ever exhibited and there have been many. You are no Christian, just another asshole. The atheists here are far more Christian than you can ever hope to be.

You know....before I posted that....I asked myself this question: "Would Banjo get all butthurt if I post this?". The answer that came to me was "No....he would not".

He and I exchange a lot of smack. He doesn't come off to me as someone who is overly sensitive. If anything, he probably would be a little miffed that I held back because of his medical condition.

I'm thinking now that maybe I shouldn't have said it, but not for Banjo's sake....but for members like you because I think this really bothered you.
26-06-2016, 12:55 AM
(26-06-2016 12:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You know....before I posted that....I asked myself this question: "Would Banjo get all butthurt if I post this?". The answer that came to me was "No....he would not".

He and I exchange a lot of smack. He doesn't come off to me as someone who is overly sensitive. If anything, he probably would be a little miffed that I held back because of his medical condition.

I'm thinking now that maybe I shouldn't have said it, but not for Banjo's sake....but for members like you because I think this really bothered you.

First, thanks GM. However I do not have brain cancer. My cancer is more extensive throughout my entire body. It is highly virulent and the doctors are astounded I am alive.

The experimental drug causes neurological issues. These can manifest in many ways, often I appear drunk, or on opium. Actually I am sometimes on heavy opiates, depending on the pain. The pain hovers between 6 to 7 on a normal day out of 10 being the maximum. For example, I am in severe pain as I type this. I have not touched the opiates though.

As for the troll, known as Heywood and his jibe? I was unaffected, except for the degrading of my knowledge of Roman and Christian history. A subject I have had in depth conversations with, with professors who teach the subject.

Sadly I am no longer able to go into the depth of, let's say Good without god. My brain has too much trouble and I lack patience. I am a priest after all as well.

The troll only annoys me for what it is. I see no reason for it to be on this forum. There is never any intelligent discussion. It comes seeking attention and to annoy.

This is why I believe it should be banned.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
26-06-2016, 01:52 AM
(26-06-2016 12:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You know....before I posted that....I asked myself this question: "Would Banjo get all butthurt if I post this?". The answer that came to me was "No....he would not".

I'm thinking you shouldn't have posted it for your own sake, because it reveals a lot about your (lack of) empathy that you might wish to hide in order to better attain whatever you're aiming for.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve is not a good thing ... especially when it is so small, your backtracking here aside.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-06-2016, 02:04 AM
(26-06-2016 01:52 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm thinking you shouldn't have posted it for your own sake, because it reveals a lot about your (lack of) empathy that you might wish to hide in order to better attain whatever you're aiming for.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve is not a good thing ... especially when it is so small, your backtracking here aside.

Translation: I shouldn't have said it because it makes me look bad.

My response: Everything I say makes me look bad(to this crowd).
26-06-2016, 03:13 AM
It's not the crowd. It's human beings.

Humans tend to dislike people who display sociopathic behaviors... it's an evolutionary trait, and not unique to atheists. If you display endless contempt for the people around you, you can expect them to return that contempt, in spades. But you keep trying to blame everyone else instead of looking at your own faults-- more evidence of sociopathy.

As my Drill Instructor once said, "Son, if everyone else is marching out of step... it just might be you."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2016, 04:20 AM
(26-06-2016 03:13 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's not the crowd. It's human beings.

Humans tend to dislike people who display sociopathic behaviors... it's an evolutionary trait, and not unique to atheists. If you display endless contempt for the people around you, you can expect them to return that contempt, in spades. But you keep trying to blame everyone else instead of looking at your own faults-- more evidence of sociopathy.

As my Drill Instructor once said, "Son, if everyone else is marching out of step... it just might be you."

I disagree with this. I am certainly not a sociopath.....and out of all of you, there are only two of you that I could say I harbor contemptuous feelings against.