Muslims' stories about atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Muslims' stories about atheists
(25-06-2016 12:50 AM)rosechaos Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 12:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A long-winded and annoying argument from ignorance.

Next!

i know but believers keep bringing up this story every time . ShockingWeeping

Believers bring up lots of stories. Stupid stories are all they have. Woodie is a prime example.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
27-06-2016, 07:57 PM
it's just tiring how they like to make us look bad and their pedo shiekh looks smart WTF
28-06-2016, 01:57 AM
(26-06-2016 03:13 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  .....If you display endless contempt for the people around you, you can expect them to return that contempt, in spades. But you keep trying to blame everyone else instead of looking at your own faults....

What do you think about the endless string of contempt that is displayed by atheists here? Here is an example from this thread:

(27-06-2016 01:01 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Believers bring up lots of stories. Stupid stories are all they have. Woodie is a prime example.

Minimalist obviously holds contemptuous feeling against believers. So does Chas as evidenced by his instantaneous neg-rating against the OP when he thought she was a believer. The first volley of replies had a contemptuous tenor to them. Anytime a believer comes to post an argument, many of you pounce on that person like flies on shit.....and you do it with utter contempt.

You might be right. That if you display contempt it gets returned to you in spades....so please stop being so butthurt when I return it...in spades. Instead how about you start following you're own prescription and start showing some empathy to the new members who are believers dreaming they can conquer your incredulity. Try to imagine yourselves in their shoes before you write your replies.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
28-06-2016, 02:02 AM
(26-06-2016 12:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The troll only annoys me for what it is. I see no reason for it to be on this forum. There is never any intelligent discussion. It comes seeking attention and to annoy.

This is why I believe it should be banned.

I have to get back to the project I am working on. So you won't see me around here very much. I know it is not the ban you wanted, but its something.
28-06-2016, 10:48 AM
(28-06-2016 02:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 12:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The troll only annoys me for what it is. I see no reason for it to be on this forum. There is never any intelligent discussion. It comes seeking attention and to annoy.

This is why I believe it should be banned.

I have to get back to the project I am working on. So you won't see me around here very much. I know it is not the ban you wanted, but its something.

The quantity of your posts will go down, but the quality will stay the same: nonexistent.Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
28-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Chas did not neg-rep her for being a Believer, but clearly stated it was for being a tiresome Muslim apologist. He misread what she was saying (and she was saying "this is bad apologetics!") as actually posting those apologetics as factual, which warranted a negative rep. It was unclear on her part, and an easy mistake on his part. Chas has plus-repped several theists who show honesty and intellectual integrity in their attempts to defend their faiths, but has no tolerance for people who abuse logic or misrepresent facts (including atheists). The neg-rep was because the tortured logic in the OP, which she was actually trying to point out, was worthy of a neg-rep. Your characterization of Chas as auto-neg-repping any theist he meets is simply wrong.

So stop saying it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
29-06-2016, 12:54 AM
(28-06-2016 11:20 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Chas did not neg-rep her for being a Believer, but clearly stated it was for being a tiresome Muslim apologist.

Does it matter whether or not Chas neg repped her for being a believer or neg repped her for being an apologist? That's splitting hairs. It was still a dick move. It was a dick move because he gave her 0 chance to actually show whether or not she is actually a good poster. He displayed contempt and you give him a pass for it. You are hypocrite because when people on your team display contempt....you rationalize it away.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
29-06-2016, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the strawman argument, douchebag. I didn't say he neg-repped for being an apologist, but for pushing bad apologetics. Unless you're being willfully blind for the sake of provocation, you surely must be aware of the difference.

If you think Chas is "on my team", you've not been around to watch me butting heads with him.

He displayed the same contempt I feel for people who come here posting awful apologetics while pretending to not be apologists. "Just asking questions", they always say.

He simply made a mistake in identifying the motive of the person (whom I also initially misread as trying to hide, as so many do, behind a veneer of skepticism while actually supporting the BS apologetics they sling in our faces, as occurs almost daily around here), and thus jumped the gun.

Vosur, I am deeply disappointed in you for supporting this douchebag's douchebaggery.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
29-06-2016, 03:18 AM
(29-06-2016 12:54 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ... It was still a dick move. It was a dick move because....

By Santa's frisky reindeer the hilarious irony of yourself taking to task others for their behavior! Laugh out load

Though, in case you don't get it, 'Irony' is just like 'Goldy' or 'Woody'... 'cept it's got more iron in it.

Why yes Sir, I actually do have a cunning plan.... Why do you ask?
30-06-2016, 12:01 AM
(29-06-2016 01:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  He displayed the same contempt I feel for people who come here posting awful apologetics while pretending to not be apologists. "Just asking questions", they always say.

At least you are starting to acknowledge that a lot of the contempt that fills this forum originates from people other than the believers. Maybe down the road you, Chas, and others will abandon your hypocritical behavior.