Must Read!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Must Read!!!!!!
Today I sat down with my parents and simply told them I've lost faith., that I no longer belive in God nor satan,

My mom and dad got so furious and threatened to throw me out of the house since I willcontaminatethe whole family, that am making a very reskless decision. How could I turn out an apostate, my dad's threat was very serious and severe. My mom was wondering what am going through and later called me to verify I was drunk or whether God or them did anything bad to me. I told them no, my father angrily went out then I tried explaining the two basses of morality and one which is best ie subjective morality and objective morality, I guess she understood it because she was educated unlike my father, who was ready to throw me out. In Jehovah's Witnesses organisation when you disassociate yourself from them you won't get any subsidy, no friends will talk with you again nor your family involve with you anymore, you will actually be shunned and persecuted.

Back to story, so my mom called to my attention and confessed that all there successes are because of their membership, so I should think about it.

Wow, didn't expect my patents to be so mad at me, even threatening to eject me from there care as I told them am no more a believer that on the fence of been an atheists or agnostic , best I keep this to myself and withdraw my statement for fear of losing my life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 04:26 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Must Read!!!!!!
Well, since this is in the Introductions section: Welcome aboard!

From my understanding, this is sadly a typical reaction especially from the more fundamental and dare I say kooky religions which act more like cults in their isolationist policies and heavy indoctrination methods, such as JWs (to my understanding) do.
My sympathies to you of their reaction, I cannot imaging it a is pleasant feeling, and for your parents for their misfortune of being brainwashed to such an extent (or at least your father) as to go ballistic at such news, at least, by your words, your mother seems at least slightly willing to try to understand or be honest.

If I were you, I would not put up with that shit (probably end introducing the bottom of my foot to the top of a knee cap, taken my shit and pissed off), but you need to handle the situation in the way that suits you best, however, once you have started down the road you have, I doubt it will be as easy as you seem to think to return from whence you came, also it's not healthy for the mind. Though I wonder, do you mean "lose your life as in your current life status (materials, home, family, etc) or do you mean literally and why? I doubt that any sane person would risk life imprisonment over your disbelief.

Well, luck to you and your endeavours, you've got this place if you've the need of support.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Well wasn't that very Christian of them...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-12-2012, 04:51 AM
They sponsor my education, so I guess my dad's gonna withdraw that. This is my life lol, but I believe the would understand
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 07:26 AM
(10-12-2012 04:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well wasn't that very Christian of them...
The least Christian of us all are Christians.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome and such.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
That's very difficult, both on an emotional level and on a practical level (if they support you financially). I think this has happened to a lot of people, some with family, some with friends. I know that people whom I had spent years alongside as friends just cut the connection. I couldn't think about it without a tear in my eye for maybe a couple of years. Eventually though I made new friends, friends who accepted me without the need to perform and gradually my life moved on. That will happen to you. As for your parents ... just keep loving them and being nice to them !
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
(10-12-2012 07:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The least Christian of us all are Christians.
This. If Christians would actually follow the teachings of Christ, I wouldn't even fucking mind them.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
(11-12-2012 04:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 07:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The least Christian of us all are Christians.
This. If Christians would actually follow the teachings of Christ, I wouldn't even fucking mind them.
Does this mean you like me?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
(11-12-2012 04:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Does this mean you like me?
*shake*

[Image: yoursign.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post