"My 100th Like Party" as a science experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 12:11 PM
RE: "My 100th Like Party" as a science experiment
(31-05-2011 11:48 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  @BuddyChrist
I wonder if humans would be capable of WW3.
I mean your commander reads a magazine - just WOW.
And I guess you got the blame in the end , right .... Sad

Well you gotta think. The longer his head is out of the hatch, the more likely it is to be sniped. And it's not like I haven't already driven the EXACT same patrol route 10,000 times in a month.

But at places where that tank is, all grassy, it's probably a training exercise so it's unfamiliar terrain but it's also 100% fake so no one really takes it seriously.

And yeah I get the blame for stuff like that, but that's the price I gotta pay for being able to secretly sleep in my drivers hole while everyone else is scanning for bad guys.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 07:01 PM
(31-05-2011 12:11 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And yeah I get the blame for stuff like that, but that's the price I gotta pay for being able to secretly sleep in my drivers hole while everyone else is scanning for bad guys.

From what I heard tanks can kindof be a death trap. Aren't tanks very prone to friendly fire? You see another tank and you gotta decide pretty quickly what you do.
Well being a US Army tank driver isn't quite so dangerous. There are those jets, you know the ones that are really big guns with wings attached?

They spot tanks and fly straight up, then do a nose dive and fire heavy caliber depleted uranium rounds at the tank.
[Image: tripod-training-the-swiss-cheese-model-f...aphic1.png]

They don't even know what hit em. The ammo inside the tank detonates and it sits there and starts glowing white hot and melts into a puddle.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
31-05-2011, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 08:48 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I suppose it might have been prone to friendly fire during WW1. But these days, tankers are trained to identify every type of vehicle within 5 seconds of spotting it. And I mean like every type of vehicle. The tests we're given will show like a a blurry night vision shot of a vehicle half submerged in water and using identifying features such as number of road wheels, space between road wheels, gun type, gun size, turret shape, supported or unsupported track, exhaust location (hot spot on night vision), and tank commander hatch, we have 5 seconds to write down Name of Vehicle and which country it belongs to. And if you get more than 1 friendly vehicle wrong (out of 30) you fail.

So you would have to be able to tell that this is a BMP-2 (Russian)

[Image: bmp2.jpg]

And that this is a BMP-3

[Image: 6961718-bmp-3--infantry-combat-vehicle--...ory-in.jpg]

And the pictures are never that clear. You need to know the Leopard, the LeClerc (damn french), the Challenger, the Chieftain, the T-72 and all the variations of it (T-76, T-80), etc.

And for some reason we're also trained to identify the different helicopters. Apache (easy one), Kiowa, Blackhawk, Cobra and SuperCobra, Huey, etc.

Plus, it's not like the US is engaging anyone is tank on tank battles these days.

And the 30 or so rounds inside an Abrams could detonate and everyone would still be fine. It's got a blast door and the back panels of the tank are designed to blow off first. Though, you would probably end up retarded from 30 close range concussions.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-05-2011, 10:43 PM
(31-05-2011 08:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Though, you would probably end up retarded from 30 close range concussions.
I guess that explains it then...
What hit you? Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
01-06-2011, 02:34 AM
(31-05-2011 08:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And the 30 or so rounds inside an Abrams could detonate and everyone would still be fine. It's got a blast door and the back panels of the tank are designed to blow off first. Though, you would probably end up retarded from 30 close range concussions.
I'm mistaken then. I think this is the aircraft I was thinking of.. Here are snippets of things I took from Wikipedia.

A10 Thunderbolt
[Image: 300px-A-10_Thunderbolt_II_In-flight-2.jpg]
Quote:GAU-8 Avenger 30mm rotary cannon. The recoil only slows the aircraft by a few mph.
[Image: 300px-GAU-8_Avenger_contrast.jpg]
Quote:It fires large depleted uranium armor-piercing shells. The cannon takes about half a second to come up to speed, so 50 rounds are fired during the first second, 65 or 70 rounds per second thereafter.
[Image: 220px-GAU-8_in_A-10.jpg]
Quote:The A-10 was used in combat for the first time during the Persian Gulf War in 1991, destroying more than 900 Iraqi tanks, 2,000 military vehicles, and 1,200 artillery pieces.
That's why I wouldn't want to be in a tank if I was fighting the US!

It seems this gun isn't as much of a problem for modern tanks. It will only be able to destroy the exposed mechanics (treads, etc.)

Anyway - happy 100 like day!
[Image: cake1554.jpg]

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
01-06-2011, 02:50 AM
I saw the A10 in training-action at "PAMPA" range here in Belgium.
The cannon makes a soul-splitting and gruesome *BURP* sound when fired.
I my mind I could hear and see woman and children screaming... Running for cover... One of them looked like my grandmother carrying my 5 year old father.

Anyway...
quite a psychological effect...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
01-06-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:Anyway...
quite a psychological effect...

This baby was the original :

Now imagine that you've never heard of it before.
Imagine you're in an army in Europe that hasn't been modernized.
Just imagine being a simple cavalry man with a sword and a horse hearing that beast from above ...

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin