My Africa blog

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-07-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 11:31 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
My Africa blog
A requirement of the scholarship that funded my field school is writing a blog. I will post links to them in this thread. The first one just explains why I chose anthropology, how I came to learn about the field school, and the steps I took to get funding.

http://anapeinafrica.wordpress.com/2014/...l-started/

Edit – I want to thank the TTA community for making donations towards my trip. The funds helped cover the cost of some of my vaccinations. The African countries that I visited will NOT let you enter unless you’ve had the requisite number of shots. Therefore, my time on the African continent would not have been possible without TTA.

I want this thread to stand as a record of how the community pulled together to help one of its members, as well as to show what I did while I was there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like ghostexorcist's post
23-07-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: My Africa blog
Posting here to subscribe Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
25-07-2014, 08:27 AM
(23-07-2014 03:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Posting here to subscribe Thumbsup

Thank you. Here is the second.

http://anapeinafrica.wordpress.com/2014/...s-unknown/

I'm hoping to churn out one every three days or so. I would like to have it done by the time school starts back up in a month.
26-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Just finished reading the first one, glad the funds all worked out, great job!! You really put in a lot of work to make this happen, and it was recognized Thumbsup talk about working to make your dreams come true! Oh, and I got my package today!!!! Hug
Thank you so much! It's got a special place in my home Yes
Laugh out load bringing sexy back... To Africa Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Just finished the second. I'm super jealous of your sunrise view from the plane, and holy cow I would not have survived that airport!! Knowing I was in a foreign country all alone (Rachael Dodgy Laugh out load ) would have had me on edge already, then add that mess to it? No

26-07-2014, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2014 03:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
Bringing the sexy back to Africa.

[Image: ghost.jpg]

So fucking cool. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-07-2014, 11:37 PM
(26-07-2014 10:34 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Just finished reading the first one, glad the funds all worked out, great job!! You really put in a lot of work to make this happen, and it was recognized Thumbsup talk about working to make your dreams come true! Oh, and I got my package today!!!! Hug
Thank you so much! It's got a special place in my home Yes
Laugh out load bringing sexy back... To Africa Laugh out load

I'm glad you like it. Those who donated still have to claim their sand. This is the third blog:

http://anapeinafrica.wordpress.com/2014/...y-arrival/
28-07-2014, 09:59 AM
(23-07-2014 09:27 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  A requirement of the scholarship that funded my field school is writing a blog. I will post links to them in this thread. The first one just explains why I chose anthropology, how I came to learn about the field school, and the steps I took to get funding.

Write about the British colonization of Africa. It's worse than what Hitler did.
28-07-2014, 10:04 AM
(28-07-2014 09:59 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 09:27 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  A requirement of the scholarship that funded my field school is writing a blog. I will post links to them in this thread. The first one just explains why I chose anthropology, how I came to learn about the field school, and the steps I took to get funding.

Write about the British colonization of Africa. It's worse than what Hitler did.

It's primarily about my time in Africa. I'll leave political history to those more qualified than myself.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
28-07-2014, 02:42 PM
It will be some time before I post these pics to my blog, so I figured I would do so here. This is the Maasai spear I bought while I was abroad. Young warriors use such weapons to protect their livestock from big cats. Whenever one of them kills a lion, they hang its tail from the tip as a sign of their bravery.

The full spear

[Image: AFbBwK.jpg]

The spear point

[Image: cqqhmV.jpg]

The poker at the bottom

[Image: BOCkoo.jpg]

I'm six foot even. My nephew is a few inches shorter than me. I'm using him as a size comparison.

[Image: hqitV3.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like ghostexorcist's post