My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: My Argument For God
(14-01-2015 04:24 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello again. Please return and at least skim the huge post/reply I made to you?

Please?

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Atheism in many schools of thought, is defined as a religion,

That's great.... And in a great many other areas of thought it is NOT defined as a religion, so there's that.

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  ... Although most people don't understand how this can be since it typically denies the existence of God. However, belief in God is not a requirement to be defined as a religion. There are also forms of atheism, which attempt alternate explanations for God, such as collective consciousness, and so on.

And Buddhism is also an 'Atheistic' religion. Again, however, pointing to religions which are 'atheistic' still does not make the position of being an atheist a religion. Hope you can grok the difference?

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  The Supreme court recognizes Atheism as a religion and protects it as such.

That's nice. But there's a world outside your country. Perhaps you should look them up? Wink

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  In simple terms, absolute denial of the existence of God without proof is a belief system,

Except, and here's the thing, many atheists are NOT doing that. They are NOT denying the existence of god. They are (As I've posted) calmly waiting for the evidence of any such.

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  The counter argument 'you have failed to prove God's existence' is insufficient, a mere shifting of the burden of proof as a result of failing to produce such proof among yourselves.

What? No! You're now trying to 'create' an atheist that fits your definitions and not the whole possibility of the many varied shades of atheism.

(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If you deny the existence of God without definitive proof, you are engaged in a belief system, by definition a religion, because Gods existence is the focus of your belief system, and that is a formal definition, LOOK IT UP.

Again, no. One can be an 'Agnostic atheist'. There's a whole slew of various shades.

To most atheists, the notion of gods simply doesn't count. It's not a matter of 'actively disbelieving'.

As for 'Denying the existence of something'. If there are definite, certified claims made about a specific something then these can and are tested against what is known of reality. if they don't match up with reality then, guess what? They are dismissed.

Much cheers to all.

Atheism:Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

ok, so theism is certainly as valid if not more so than atheism. If atheists cannot produce any irrefutable evidence against God, then they are certainly engaged in a mere fragile belief system.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 04:30 PM
(14-01-2015 04:24 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 04:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  I knew you were full of shit from the get-go, this proves it.

lmao, every thing i just said is true and you know it, come on bud its ok to admit i just straight hoed your ass

Just more dishonesty combined with staw-man.
I do admit you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't know the the difference between atheism and anti-theism.
14-01-2015, 04:32 PM
(14-01-2015 04:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 04:24 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  lmao, every thing i just said is true and you know it, come on bud its ok to admit i just straight hoed your ass

Just more dishonesty combined with staw-man.
I do admit you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't know the the difference between atheism and anti-theism.

You have to admit though, we've had quite the intriguing conversation here haven't we
14-01-2015, 04:34 PM
(14-01-2015 04:32 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 04:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just more dishonesty combined with staw-man.

You have to admit though, we've had quite the intriguing conversation here haven't we

No, we haven't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-01-2015, 04:35 PM
(14-01-2015 04:32 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 04:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just more dishonesty combined with staw-man.

Nope, just more of the same old stuff. You weren't even particularly good at trolling.
14-01-2015, 04:36 PM
(14-01-2015 04:29 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Atheism:Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

ok, so theism is certainly as valid if not more so than atheism. If atheists cannot produce any irrefutable evidence against God, then they are certainly engaged in a mere fragile belief system.

Burden of proof is always upon the person making a positive claim of existence.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
14-01-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 04:46 PM by Peebothuhul.)
(14-01-2015 04:24 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello again. Please return and at least skim the huge post/reply I made to you?

Please?

(14-01-2015 04:29 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Atheism:Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Okay... you can cherry pick your web definitions for as long as you like. I'll continue to do so from my side and we'll be happy to disagree, right? Smile

(14-01-2015 04:29 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Ok, so theism is certainly as valid if not more so than atheism.

What? Why is theism 'more valid' nan non theism? Citation please.

(14-01-2015 04:29 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If atheists cannot produce any irrefutable evidence against God,

As I am explaining multiple times. It.does.not.work.like.that.

The theist is making claims. usual;ly a LOT of them. The non-theist is examining the claims and pretty much saying "But reality doesn't work that way." Or "But realty doesn't do that." Or "But there's no residual evidence for claim 'X'."

It is the theist making all the definitive statements about god(s).

(14-01-2015 04:29 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  ... Then they are certainly engaged in a mere fragile belief system.

And I have just spent time refuting your claim. Because you say it is so does not make it thus.

Much cheers to all.
14-01-2015, 04:39 PM
14-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Citations? I'm not stealing this from any webpage
14-01-2015, 04:44 PM
(14-01-2015 04:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If you deny the existence of God without definitive proof, you are engaged in a belief system

I don't deny the existence of god. I deny the existence of evidence for a god.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post