My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: My Argument For God
OP's initial post at 1519 on 1/14/15: I'm here to educate your ass.

OP's last post at 2021 on 1/14/15: I'm outta here.

5 hours and 2 minutes. Is that an new record for us, or what?

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
14-01-2015, 05:35 PM
(14-01-2015 05:09 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Ok, so let me get this straight, atheism has no beliefs, but they tend to believe in science,

1) Atheist = lack of belief in god(s). Period. Anything else is EXTRA-CURRICULAR, and has nothing to do with it. One either believes in the existence of god(s), or they don't. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

2) Theists, as well as atheists, accept the scientific method. That's not the same as "belief in" based on blind faith. So, there's that.
14-01-2015, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 06:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Or the typical atheist who literally interprets every biblical passage and is like "HA THESE ARE A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALES, DAWKINS MUST BE RIGHT!!!"

Show us ONE person here who said anything even remotely similar.

(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Because I have a somewhat extensive background in physics I will propose certain thoughts regarding consciousness and some of the physics behind this view. In my opinion the so-called enigma of consciousness is something that for some odd reason scientists have a hard time addressing.

Actually they don't. You're just ignorant of the current state of Neuro-science.

(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Well, what is it? We all have it, but its nature is very elusive.

It's sensory input referenced to memory. Not difficult at all.

(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  THE DIFFERENT SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT IN QUANTUM PHYSICS and NDES
The big argument and the reason for so many 'models' and hypothesis is that the original intent of the founders of Quantum Physics was to describe the interrelationship between the system being observed and the observer;

NDE's have been explained. Google NDEs in rats (NPR).

One has nothing to do with the other. You assertion about "intent" is totally false. It was an observation. They had no "intention" of doing anything. If you have evidence, present it. Thanks for demonstrating you have not a clue what you're on about, and your post is not worth reading. "Extensive Physics" my ass.

You have presented not even the beginning of an argument for any god.

OH well. It's the month of the crazies here. Just the latest, .... won't be the last.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2015, 05:41 PM
I like how they left immediately after Reltzik went through and actually picked the argument apart.

I also find it funny how they felt the need to point out they didn't see proof in two days. Cause, that's what you do on forums, just repeat over and over the arguments and proofs everyone already knows and doesn't need repeated to them.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
14-01-2015, 05:43 PM
(14-01-2015 05:09 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  yet their 'self' seems to be quite concerned and bothered by what theists believe,

I can think of a few reasons why atheists are concerned about what theists believe. What do you think some of them may be? (Here's your chance to prove your intellectual honesty, and not just project your own personal biases.)
14-01-2015, 05:46 PM
(14-01-2015 01:20 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:03 PM)Free Wrote:  Burden of proof is upon those who make the positive claim. If no evidence is provided, the claim refutes itself.

I did provide proof, and refuted the argument that the brain creates consciousness via electrochemical processes. Perhaps you should re read it

You did not. There is not one instance of consciousness existing in the absence of a brain, AND we know that humans with damaged brains are not conscious. Oops. Try harder next time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2015, 05:49 PM
(14-01-2015 05:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:20 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I did provide proof, and refuted the argument that the brain creates consciousness via electrochemical processes. Perhaps you should re read it

You did not. There is not one instance of consciousness existing in the absence of a brain, AND we know that humans with damaged brains are not conscious. Oops. Try harder next time.

I didn't? Please tell me with your extensive scientific knowledge what was wrong with my definition. Enlighten me
14-01-2015, 05:49 PM
(14-01-2015 05:03 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Atheists have identified a certain thing, God, and run like hell in the opposite direction. God is the center piece of atheism. Most atheist whether they admit it or not still have a nagging feeling deep down that God might be real. If you say this is not true, you are a liar.

So you've met every atheist in the world? You can also read minds?

Good for you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-01-2015, 05:50 PM
(14-01-2015 05:41 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I like how they left immediately after Reltzik went through and actually picked the argument apart.

I also find it funny how they felt the need to point out they didn't see proof in two days. Cause, that's what you do on forums, just repeat over and over the arguments and proofs everyone already knows and doesn't need repeated to them.

Left?? Nope.
14-01-2015, 05:55 PM
(14-01-2015 05:14 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  believing in atheism

"believing in atheism"? WTF? What does that even mean?? Huh

Your entire premise about atheists is so far off base and out of touch with reality, even after being repeatedly corrected and informed, I'm beginning to think you're trolling.

So, tell us. Did you get your jollies off today?