My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: My Argument For God
Mmhm- let's pretend you are unconscious.

Are you unconscious or dead ?

How would you go about determining which state you are in ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 05:58 PM
(14-01-2015 05:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Mmhm- let's pretend you are unconscious.

Impossible to know, because the only thing that exists is consciousness
14-01-2015, 05:59 PM
(14-01-2015 05:55 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:14 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  believing in atheism

"believing in atheism"? WTF? What does that even mean?? Huh

Your entire premise about atheists is so far off base and out of touch with reality, even after being repeatedly corrected and informed, I'm beginning to think you're trolling.

So, tell us. Did you get your jollies off today?

Yeah, it was sorta fun.
14-01-2015, 06:04 PM
(14-01-2015 05:49 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You did not. There is not one instance of consciousness existing in the absence of a brain, AND we know that humans with damaged brains are not conscious. Oops. Try harder next time.

I didn't? Please tell me with your extensive scientific knowledge what was wrong with my definition. Enlighten me

The question is not "What's wrong with it?", but is ANYTHING about it correct. The answer is "No".

A photon is not a "who", BTW. There is no brain scientist that expleins consciousness in the way you claim, and you have no evidence for it.

"That is, they don't know the definitions of electromagnetic phenomenon, so assign it any arbitrary meaning, unwittingly but nonetheless regardless of how absurd it is when the formal definitions are applied correctly. Their new toy was the EEG monitor, and nowhere in any operator’s manual does any manufacturer of such equipment suggest that the device detects or measures consciousness."

Show me where they claim it does. ANd BTW idiot, there are now 3 EEG/MRIs in this country that do precisely what you claim they don't.
http://www.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/docs/Minutes_...ation7.pdf

(14-01-2015 05:49 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  What then is the brain? Does it produce consciousness. No, there is no brain. The brain is just a myriad of wave functions. The only known property that qualifies it as matter at all is the quantum mechanical spin characteristic, the Pauli Exclusion Principle.

A pile of meaningless word salad meaningless crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-01-2015, 06:06 PM
This sock stinks.
14-01-2015, 06:10 PM
(14-01-2015 05:58 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Mmhm- let's pretend you are unconscious.

Impossible to know, because the only thing that exists is consciousness

If unconsciousness and death both put you in a state where it's impossible to determine which state you are in, then consciousness is a state only arrived at while you are alive.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
(14-01-2015 03:27 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  We are not necessarily 'God' or we are not necessarily 'all one'. The best way that I can describe this is that there is a little 'you', finite, seemingly separate from God, limited, perhaps even powerless, a construct that will in fact cease to exist upon death. Then there is a BIG YOU, an infinite being, made of the same 'stuff' as God, hand crafted by God - no man could differentiate BIG YOU from God. your current personality, body, memories, etc. are ALL finite constructs of BIG YOU, who is infinite in scope.

This current human life is just a momentary perception, like looking down through a microscope. This is a tiny fraction of the focus of the awareness of your true self.

When you agree to be born as a human you agree upon a set of rules suitable for your purpose in 'the game'.

Some of these i can think of are
-you exist seemingly separate from God
-space and time are real
-the physical carnal world is real
-you have no immediate perception of your true infinite nature
-you are required to burry yourself in the role--the willful suspension of disbelief--as though hit were real.

You, we, are currently in a dream…but not a lucid one

Ok, lets assume all this is true.

Leaves you with the question: What's the point? Why would we leave the realm of bliss to pop into bodies that deteriorate and cause monumental suffering for some?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
(14-01-2015 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:49 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I didn't? Please tell me with your extensive scientific knowledge what was wrong with my definition. Enlighten me

The question is not "What's wrong with it?", but is ANYTHING about it correct. The answer is "No".

A photon is not a "who", BTW. There is no brain scientist that expleins consciousness in the way you claim, and you have no evidence for it.

"That is, they don't know the definitions of electromagnetic phenomenon, so assign it any arbitrary meaning, unwittingly but nonetheless regardless of how absurd it is when the formal definitions are applied correctly. Their new toy was the EEG monitor, and nowhere in any operator’s manual does any manufacturer of such equipment suggest that the device detects or measures consciousness."

Show me where they claim it does. ANd BTW idiot, there are now 3 EEG/MRIs in this country that do precisely what you claim they don't.
http://www.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/docs/Minutes_...ation7.pdf

(14-01-2015 05:49 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  What then is the brain? Does it produce consciousness. No, there is no brain. The brain is just a myriad of wave functions. The only known property that qualifies it as matter at all is the quantum mechanical spin characteristic, the Pauli Exclusion Principle.

A pile of meaningless word salad meaningless crap.

No brain scientists have any fucking idea what consciousness is. There is no definition. These are new working definitions within the formal definitions of quantum theory. So if you ask who is backing up my argument? I'd say the founders of quantum theory.

Also when I ask where my error was and all you say is "no it is wrong?" This is not proof I am wrong, this is your gut saying " he's wrong" with no evidence whatsoever.

Give me irrefutable evidence as to why I am wrong.
14-01-2015, 06:11 PM
(14-01-2015 05:49 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You did not. There is not one instance of consciousness existing in the absence of a brain, AND we know that humans with damaged brains are not conscious. Oops. Try harder next time.

I didn't? Please tell me with your extensive scientific knowledge what was wrong with my definition. Enlighten me

It's been explained. So dude ..

You've been bent over, and forced to answer the question of "Who's yo daddy?"

Do we need to turn you around the other way, and ask the same question but then say to you, "Don't talk with your mouth full?"

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-01-2015, 06:12 PM
(14-01-2015 06:10 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 05:58 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Impossible to know, because the only thing that exists is consciousness

If unconsciousness and death both put you in a state where it's impossible to determine which state you are in, then consciousness is a state only arrived at while you are alive.

That is your definitions. So by definition, your opinion.