My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: My Argument For God
(14-01-2015 06:15 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The question is not "What's wrong with it?", but is ANYTHING about it correct. The answer is "No".

A photon is not a "who", BTW. There is no brain scientist that expleins consciousness in the way you claim, and you have no evidence for it.

"That is, they don't know the definitions of electromagnetic phenomenon, so assign it any arbitrary meaning, unwittingly but nonetheless regardless of how absurd it is when the formal definitions are applied correctly. Their new toy was the EEG monitor, and nowhere in any operator’s manual does any manufacturer of such equipment suggest that the device detects or measures consciousness."

Show me where they claim it does. ANd BTW idiot, there are now 3 EEG/MRIs in this country that do precisely what you claim they don't.
http://www.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/docs/Minutes_...ation7.pdf

A pile of meaningless word salad meaningless crap.

Yes, to somebody who does not understand, it is word salad. EEGs don't measure consciousness, never have never will. They measure electrochemical activity in the brain not consciousness.

As the article says they measure brain activity. Not consciousness

They do not. EEG's measure ONLY electrical activity. There is NOTHING on an EEG report that is an analysis of chemical activity. Obviously you have never even read even ONE EEG report. No one said they measure "consciousness", BUT there has NEVER ONCE been a conscious person with a flat EEG.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 06:25 PM
(14-01-2015 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:15 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Yes, to somebody who does not understand, it is word salad. EEGs don't measure consciousness, never have never will. They measure electrochemical activity in the brain not consciousness.

As the article says they measure brain activity. Not consciousness

They do not. EEG's measure ONLY electrical activity. There is NOTHING on an EEG report that is an analysis of chemical activity. Obviously you have never even read even ONE EEG report. No one said they measure "consciousness", BUT there has NEVER ONCE been a conscious person with a flat EEG.

Yes, but fundamentally the electrical activity it is measuring, is a result of electrochemical processes in the brain.
14-01-2015, 06:26 PM
(14-01-2015 06:22 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I also find it funny how I presenting the formal definitions of Wave Function collapse and it was completely in line with what I'm saying. And yet nobody replied...

Why? Is it relevant?
14-01-2015, 06:27 PM
(14-01-2015 06:10 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Give me irrefutable evidence as to why I am wrong.

You've done nothing but make speculations and assertions as multiple replies have pointed out. The question is why you are not even wrong.

If you're so much more educated at physics than the average layman why are you posting here? Find a physics-related forum and see what arguments you get. Asking non-physicists to refute an argument that you don't think they understand is just a form of mental masturbation. If you have something valid, get it tested somewhere where they have the credentials to review your claims. My guess is that you don't do that because you know it's all shite and that they'd only laugh. I am not a physicist but I know enough to see that you are plowing past what is known into what you want to believe.

You misrepresent what the big bang is; you misrepresent what atheists are; you have zero credibility. Buh Bye

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
14-01-2015, 06:28 PM
(14-01-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  And in regards to the bible, I believe there has been lots of cultural contamination, and while it is a good spiritual guide in life it should not be taken verbatim..at least thats my opinion.

No shit, Sherlock. Same could be said of almost all of the holy scriptures of any religion (except maybe Veridicanism). Not like you're dropping a new and novel metaphysical shit turd.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." - Joseph Campbell

Settle down there girly man
14-01-2015, 06:29 PM
(14-01-2015 06:25 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They do not. EEG's measure ONLY electrical activity. There is NOTHING on an EEG report that is an analysis of chemical activity. Obviously you have never even read even ONE EEG report. No one said they measure "consciousness", BUT there has NEVER ONCE been a conscious person with a flat EEG.

Yes, but fundamentally the electrical activity it is measuring, is a result of electrochemical processes in the brain.

And those are the only processes in the brain on which consciousness depends. No electrochemical processes, no consciousness.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2015, 06:29 PM
(14-01-2015 06:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:10 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Give me irrefutable evidence as to why I am wrong.

You've done nothing but make speculations and assertions as multiple replies have pointed out. The question is why you are not even wrong.

If you're so much more educated at physics than the average layman why are you posting here? Find a physics-related forum and see what arguments you get. Asking non-physicists to refute an argument that you don't think they understand is just a form of mental masturbation. If you have something valid, get it tested somewhere where they have the credentials to review your claims. My guess is that you don't do that because you know it's all shite and that they'd only laugh. I am not a physicist but I know enough to see that you are plowing past what is known into what you want to believe.

You misrepresent what the big bang is; you misrepresent what atheists are; you have zero credibility. Buh Bye

Thumbsup
14-01-2015, 06:31 PM
(14-01-2015 06:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

I have, and I have gotten good feedback, and I'm not the first to think along the lines of consciousness being absolutely fundamental to existence.

NOTHING I have said is against anything in QP.
14-01-2015, 06:33 PM
(14-01-2015 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:25 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Yes, but fundamentally the electrical activity it is measuring, is a result of electrochemical processes in the brain.

And those are the only processes in the brain on which consciousness depends. No electrochemical processes, no consciousness.

No, omfg you are still equating consciousness with electrochemical processes.
14-01-2015, 06:34 PM
(14-01-2015 06:28 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No shit, Sherlock. Same could be said of almost all of the holy scriptures of any religion (except maybe Veridicanism). Not like you're dropping a new and novel metaphysical shit turd.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." - Joseph Campbell

Settle down there girly man

Come on. It's just foreplay. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post