My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: My Argument For God
(14-01-2015 06:33 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  And those are the only processes in the brain on which consciousness depends. No electrochemical processes, no consciousness.

No, omfg you are still equating consciousness with electrochemical processes.

Yep. There is no evidence of anything else, your confused ramblings notwithstanding.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 06:35 PM
(14-01-2015 06:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:22 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I also find it funny how I presenting the formal definitions of Wave Function collapse and it was completely in line with what I'm saying. And yet nobody replied...

Why? Is it relevant?

It's very relevant. It implies that ALL matter is in a super positioned state throughout space-time and consciousness determines the outcome. The entire universe is just a construct of consciousness. All of it?? YES. This universe is a mere dream of an infinite being. It's duration of existence when compared to eternity is ZERO.
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2015, 06:38 PM
(14-01-2015 06:22 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I also find it funny how I presenting the formal definitions of Wave Function collapse and it was completely in line with what I'm saying. And yet nobody replied...

We've had many discussions here about particle-wave duality and the implications of collapsing the wave function. Use our search function. Suffice to say, Girly's gut tells him that the implication is that the act of observation is inextricably intertwined with the act of creation (or manifest realization, if you prefer). To observe is to make real. To collapse the wave function through observation is to be God.

Needless to say, the actual physicists around here, cjlr, Ivaneus, Chas, et al., all say "Silly GirlyMan, that's not what it means, that's not what it means at all." Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-01-2015, 06:39 PM
(14-01-2015 06:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why? Is it relevant?

It's very relevant. It implies that ALL matter is in a super positioned state throughout space-time and consciousness determines the outcome. The entire universe is just a construct of consciousness. All of it?? YES. This universe is a mere dream of an infinite being. It's duration of existence when compared to eternity is ZERO.

Laugh out load Aww, that's cute, now turn off the computer and go brush your teeth, it's almost bedtime little fella.
14-01-2015, 06:40 PM
(14-01-2015 06:28 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No shit, Sherlock. Same could be said of almost all of the holy scriptures of any religion (except maybe Veridicanism). Not like you're dropping a new and novel metaphysical shit turd.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." - Joseph Campbell

Settle down there girly man

What? That was me settled down.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-01-2015, 06:42 PM
(14-01-2015 06:39 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  It's very relevant. It implies that ALL matter is in a super positioned state throughout space-time and consciousness determines the outcome. The entire universe is just a construct of consciousness. All of it?? YES. This universe is a mere dream of an infinite being. It's duration of existence when compared to eternity is ZERO.

Laugh out load Aww, that's cute, now turn off the computer and go brush your teeth, it's almost bedtime little fella.

Again, you laugh at what I say even though what I say regarding consciousness is true.
14-01-2015, 06:42 PM
(14-01-2015 06:34 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:28 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Settle down there girly man

Come on. It's just foreplay. Laughat

I hope this don't escalate into actual fisting 'cause my wrists are still sore from the last fuckturd.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-01-2015, 06:45 PM
(14-01-2015 06:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

We've had many discussions here about particle-wave duality and the implications of collapsing the wave function. Use our search function. Suffice to say, Girly's gut tells him that the implication is that the act of observation is inextricably intertwined with the act of creation (or manifest realization, if you prefer). To observe is to make real. To collapse the wave function through observation is to be God.

Needless to say, the actual physicists around here, cjlr, Ivaneus, Chas, et al., all say "Silly GirlyMan, that's not what it means, that's not what it means at all." Big Grin

So where was the conflict with what I'm saying?? That is precisely what I've been alluding to. The reason why we don't realize we do this is because of our limited cognitive capacities.
14-01-2015, 06:52 PM
(14-01-2015 06:39 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  It's very relevant. It implies that ALL matter is in a super positioned state throughout space-time and consciousness determines the outcome. The entire universe is just a construct of consciousness. All of it?? YES. This universe is a mere dream of an infinite being. It's duration of existence when compared to eternity is ZERO.

"Eternity" implies space-time. As far as we know, it's a property only of this universe. All you're doing is whacking off about THIS UNIVERSE. A real god has to be coherent apart from it. Your definition is utterly incoherent.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-01-2015, 06:53 PM
(14-01-2015 06:42 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 06:39 PM)pablo Wrote:  Laugh out load Aww, that's cute, now turn off the computer and go brush your teeth, it's almost bedtime little fella.

Again, you laugh at what I say even though what I say regarding consciousness is true.

How can it be true? You claim consciousness can exist without any physical entity. You yourself admitted there is and never has been a way to observe or measure consciousness.
What you have, again, is a flawed hypothesis. Nothing more.
No proof, no peer review, nothing.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post