My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: My Argument For God
(14-01-2015 01:01 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 12:57 PM)Free Wrote:  That's because atheists don't have any beliefs.

Actually, the typical atheist doesn't give a fuck.

Citation required, or at least provide some kind of evidence to support this belief.

Many make that claim, none have proven it.

I agree thats, why i said they aren't irrefutable.

Burden of proof is upon those who make the positive claim. If no evidence is provided, the claim refutes itself.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
14-01-2015, 01:09 PM
"My God Jim, I'm a theist, not a scientist!"

[Image: Leonard_H._McCoy.jpg]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
14-01-2015, 01:15 PM
(14-01-2015 12:57 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:I have been browsing these forums for a couple days and have yet to see any compelling evidence that supports any of your atheistic beliefs.

That's because atheists don't have any beliefs.

Quote: Or the typical atheist who literally interprets every biblical passage and is like "HA THESE ARE A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALES, DAWKINS MUST BE RIGHT!!!"

Actually, the typical atheist doesn't give a fuck.

Quote:In short what I'm saying is consciousness is infinite, and therefore exists in some infinite domain.

Citation required, or at least provide some kind of evidence to support this belief.

Quote:Many NDE accounts report that upon death they travel through a 'tunnel' and emerge into some 'blasting' white light and that the light is inundating then with love and many interpret this as God, another thing that is extremely common is that these people report that space and time ceased to exist and that the place that they were in was infinite and eternal. Many people also have a profound sense of being home. Now while I know NDE accounts are subject to personal belief systems and are by no means hard evidence, the thousand of such accounts are nonetheless quite interesting and are in line with what I am saying. Here are some excerpts from nderf.com to give you an idea of what these people are describing

Many make that claim, none have proven it.

Heres a little math regarding limits at infinity that might clear up why I'm saying consciousness must be infinite. SO, any number 'n' divided by infinity equals zero.
and infinity divided by any number equals infinity.

If you don't exist for infinity you don't even exist…not even know. But if you are real, if you existence, then you exist for infinity.

As seemingly bizarre as the description is, the argument involves basic mathematical axiom regarding limits at infinity, the certainty of ones own existence, the fact the observable universe is finite, and nothing more.

When applied to the seeming paradoxes in physics the paradoxes don't exist. Resolving all paradoxes in one definition with three symbols is a symptom of a definition that is correct:

N/infinity=0
infinity/N=infinity

When this definition of consciousness is applied to on 'self', and the nature of one's origin, fate, and state of being, that paradox is also dismissed. We reside in an infinite domain, and we observe events (perception only) we selectively regard as progressing in a linear fashion in a non-infinite domain. The seemingly asymmetric forward progression of linear time is an artifact of the selection, not an inherent property of space-time.
14-01-2015, 01:17 PM
(14-01-2015 01:09 PM)gofish! Wrote:  "My God Jim, I'm a theist, not a scientist!"

[Image: Leonard_H._McCoy.jpg]

lmao
14-01-2015, 01:20 PM
(14-01-2015 01:00 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 12:57 PM)Ace Wrote:  so far all I'm seeing is a mishmash of every argument theists have used so far with nothing new at all

Thats, cool. But apparently you don't understand my argument, because you are the average layperson who is an atheist. I want to hear you guys refuting my argument rather than just saying "I'm an atheist" I don't believe in anything, or getting nit picky with my post.

Ok, you concocted a very long winded, confusing, and purposely deceptive argument. The reason you and many others do this is because you can't provide a simple answer to a simple question.
Baffle with bullshit until the point is so obscured no one even remembers what the question was.

[Image: cheater_salad_zpsyhx2scom.jpg]

BTW Which god were you arguing for?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-01-2015, 01:20 PM
(14-01-2015 01:03 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:01 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I agree thats, why i said they aren't irrefutable.

Burden of proof is upon those who make the positive claim. If no evidence is provided, the claim refutes itself.

I did provide proof, and refuted the argument that the brain creates consciousness via electrochemical processes. Perhaps you should re read it
14-01-2015, 01:24 PM
(14-01-2015 01:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:00 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Thats, cool. But apparently you don't understand my argument, because you are the average layperson who is an atheist. I want to hear you guys refuting my argument rather than just saying "I'm an atheist" I don't believe in anything, or getting nit picky with my post.

Ok, you concocted a very long winded, confusing, and purposely deceptive argument. The reason you and many others do this is because you can't provide a simple answer to a simple question.
Baffle with bullshit until the point is so obscured no one even remembers what the question was.

No, sir. What i said wrote had no deception whatsoever. You are confused because you are utterly ignorant about quantum theory and the technical terms and definitions. Look up what i said on the internet. Cross-check it. This is somebody who knows their stuff and has taken courses beyond high school science and some youtube documentaries.

Point out where I am wrong. I need specifics here. Not "i didn't understand a damn thing" doesn't refute what i said.
14-01-2015, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 01:32 PM by TheBear.)
(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  have yet to see any compelling evidence that supports any of your atheistic beliefs
<snipped, because I couldn't get past the first line>

What the fuck does that even mean? There's no such thing as "atheistic beliefs". Atheism is nothing more than lack of belief in god(s). Nothing more.

Also, walls of texts are in very poor form. Many will not even read it, and some might reply with - "tl;dr" (too long, didn't read). Try consolidating your points to a couple of paragraphs.
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
14-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Those people that say they died and saw god. They were not brain dead yet only their heart had stopped. Their brains were just experiencing oxygen deprivation. That is the stupidest argument I have ever witnessed
[+] 2 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
14-01-2015, 01:37 PM
(14-01-2015 01:24 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  Ok, you concocted a very long winded, confusing, and purposely deceptive argument. The reason you and many others do this is because you can't provide a simple answer to a simple question.

No, sir. What i said wrote had no deception whatsoever. You are confused because you are utterly ignorant about quantum theory and the technical terms and definitions. Look up what i said on the internet. Cross-check it. This is somebody who knows their stuff and has taken courses beyond high school science and some youtube documentaries.

Point out where I am wrong. I need specifics here. Not "i didn't understand a damn thing" doesn't refute what i said.

You're right, I am ignorant of quantum physics, as many people are, that's why you use it to argue such a simple question. To decieve.
When you can't prove existence, you try to redefine it to fit your conclusions.
It's sneaky, and dishonest and you know it.
We are not here to refute you, you have the burden of proof and have failed.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post