My Argument For God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: My Argument For God
Still waiting for your impressive physics credentials. A post-graduate degree? A college degree? A dissertation? A published paper? A university mill diploma? Your own diploma hand-written in crayon? Anything to back up your "somewhat extensive physics background".

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
15-01-2015, 10:28 AM
(14-01-2015 10:55 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Read my new post. No mangling whatsoever there. The mangling sensation is just your utter lack of understanding of what I'm saying. If such is the case I encourage you to look up the formal definitions on your own.

Yeah, that must be it. It's our "utter lack of understanding". Certainly not YOUR utter lack of ability to communicate your "logic" and "evidence". That would mean you'd have to come down off your high horse and that would just be unthinkable. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-01-2015, 10:37 AM
When you get done with doc's small "assignment", could you let us when when the "Argument for God" will be getting started.

Thenks awfully.

(You do realize an omnipotent deity could have created a race of observers, whose job was to fool people into thinking there was a deity, and the game was to be able to see through that.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-01-2015, 10:39 AM
(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I have been browsing these forums for a couple days and have yet to see any compelling evidence that supports any of your atheistic beliefs, and also, on the contrary no evidence presented by any theist that is even remotely compelling, except for "well i guess I'd rather just cling to my fragile belief system which is based solely off the bible." Or the typical atheist who literally interprets every biblical passage and is like "HA THESE ARE A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALES, DAWKINS MUST BE RIGHT!!!"

I've been living my whole life and I've yet to find compelling evidence for anything supernatural. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-01-2015, 10:51 AM
(15-01-2015 10:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 12:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I have been browsing these forums for a couple days and have yet to see any compelling evidence that supports any of your atheistic beliefs, and also, on the contrary no evidence presented by any theist that is even remotely compelling, except for "well i guess I'd rather just cling to my fragile belief system which is based solely off the bible." Or the typical atheist who literally interprets every biblical passage and is like "HA THESE ARE A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALES, DAWKINS MUST BE RIGHT!!!"

I've been living my whole life and I've yet to find compelling evidence for anything supernatural. Drinking Beverage

That's because you refuse to look with your heart. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2015, 11:02 AM
(15-01-2015 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 10:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I've been living my whole life and I've yet to find compelling evidence for anything supernatural. Drinking Beverage

No, no, no. See, Chas, we see with our eyes. That's what evolution created them for. The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood.
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
15-01-2015, 11:07 AM
(15-01-2015 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 10:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I've been living my whole life and I've yet to find compelling evidence for anything supernatural. Drinking Beverage

We've already looked within the human heart.

It contains a lot of blood, four chambers, some valves, a hell of a lot of muscle, a natural pacemaker, and a propensity for failing and killing us.
15-01-2015, 11:08 AM
(15-01-2015 11:02 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  That's because you refuse to look with your heart. Drinking Beverage

No, no, no. See, Chas, we see with our eyes. That's what evolution created them for. The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood.
Doc

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing."

Oh, ye of little faith. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2015, 11:09 AM
I thought you listened with your heart?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-01-2015, 12:02 PM
(15-01-2015 11:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I thought you listened with your heart?

Wrong organ. Evangelicals listen with their mouths.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post