My Beautiful Counterfeit iPhone Case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 12:54 PM
My Beautiful Counterfeit iPhone Case
The quality is stunning. The professionalism is palpable. The attention to detail is superb.

I thought I was ordering a LifeProof iPhone case, but clearly the fates have smiled upon me, because instead, I received this amazing piece of modern craftsmanship.

So I ordered this case off of eBay, and it appeared pretty legitimate; Price was a few bucks cheaper than retail, origin claimed to be in the US, good deal, says I.

Ordered it. It'll be here in 5 days? Awesome.

No tracking number? That's weird.

2 WEEKS LATER

Alright, this is ridiculous. Opened a case with eBay to get a tracking number from the seller. Finally got one.

The item was shipping from China. Wait... what? But LifeProof cases are manufactured in San Diego. Gadzooks, I've been duped.

The seller isn't responding to me at all at this point, now that I've pointed out the shipping origin and the funny coincidence that alot of the cheap knockoff cases usually come from China.

3 WEEKS AFTER ORDER WAS PLACED

Oh goody. It's finally here! They got my name (Jason Smith) down! These people are good.
[Image: photo_1_3.jpg]

Oh goodness, it seems they forgot a few TM's here and there. That's okay, LifeProof isnt trademarked...right? Why does this box have signs of being resealed multiple times? Hmmmm...

[Image: photo_2_3.jpg]

Now its a little hard to see, but you have no idea how much adhesive was up here. I mean, it was like <<insert analogy of something incredibly sticky and gross>> in there. I had to wash my hands after handling this part.

[Image: photo_1_2.jpg]

Oh thank goodness, they included the egg carton shipper. That usually keeps the product nice and safe. I mean, they use this stuff to protect EGGS, guys.

[Image: photo_2_2.jpg]

Uh oh, now I'm starting to have my doubts. The cover over the proximity sensor on the iPhone's camera is just plastic. Not a polarized lens, just plastic. I think my camera might have a wee bit of trouble focusing Sad

[Image: photo_5.jpg]

Oh, but wait, you can forget the other criticisms, because this thing seals SO DAMN TIGHTLY. The instruction manual suggests that I put it in a bowl of water to test the seal, but DO I NEED TO? C'MON! LOOK AT THAT PERFECTION!

[Image: photo_4.jpg]

It's tough to convey in the photos, but let me tell you, this plastic is THIN. It feels like the kind of thing you might expect easter eggs or toy capsules to be made out of. SUPER light.

Overall though, a quality product. It breaks my heart to have to ask for a refund, but I just really think its in my best interest to part with this quality product. No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
17-04-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: My Beautiful Counterfeit iPhone Case
Good luck with that. Yay ebay!!!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-04-2014, 01:54 PM
So, have you tested if you can activate the touch screen through it? I think the best irony would be if despite the plastic being ultra-thin to the point where it can't protect your phone, it somehow prevented you from using the screen. Tongue
17-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I am quite impressed with the seal on that Jasozz Strong. Quite impressive.

I used to buy a lot of things on Ebay, I don't even remember my login any more. It was great when I ordered a kit to cross stitch a very intricate picture for my daughter and the instructions were in Chinese...very helpful. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-04-2014, 01:58 PM
(17-04-2014 01:54 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, have you tested if you can activate the touch screen through it? I think the best irony would be if despite the plastic being ultra-thin to the point where it can't protect your phone, it somehow prevented you from using the screen. Tongue

Ive actually been afraid to even put my iphone in it. Its so clean and new...
17-04-2014, 01:59 PM
(17-04-2014 01:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am quite impressed with the seal on that Jasozz Strong. Quite impressive.

I used to buy a lot of things on Ebay, I don't even remember my login any more. It was great when I ordered a kit to cross stitch a very intricate picture for my daughter and the instructions were in Chinese...very helpful. Dodgy

Jasozz Strong Laugh out load

Yes, eBay has revived my Super Nintendo game collection, this is the first time its failed me! Although Im on my way to a refund and the case was hilarious, so no harm done.
17-04-2014, 04:23 PM
my wife is an ebay addict, I avoid it like the plague, I should show her this. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-04-2014, 07:15 AM
UPDATE

After I sent the seller a message praising them for the quality of the product (a.k.a. you sent me a counterfeit product criminal scum) they replied back with a cookie-cutter response with some random address in Ohio that I should send the case back to and they'd refund me.

Kinda doubt that's gonna happen, especially since the case didn't come from Ohio originally like they tried to claim.

I messaged them back telling them that I don't trust them with providing a refund, as they've been nothing but sketchy from the beginning, and that I'd be escalating the case to eBay support for a final decision.

So now it's in eBay's hands.
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post