My Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Rainbow My Book
If you like to read then you might like to take a look at my book called “First Adam”.
It’s the story of Adam and Eve, but told through a completely novel, evolutionary, and atheistic perspective.
As a fellow atheist I would really appreciate your support.
You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/First-Adam-Father-...bc?ie=UTF8

Cheers,
Andreas
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Andreas_Economou's post
25-09-2015, 01:25 PM
RE: My Book
Second post and you're already advertising? This makes me wonder if you are here to participate in the forum, or just to promote your book. Consider

PS..I'll move this to the appropriate forum for you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Why do these posts all look the same?

It's always their second post, never first. It's always a book about the bible but written by an atheist. They always say "I'm an atheist too and so you should support me and buy my book". It's always on amazon. And they always end it in
"Cheers,
name"

Like literally every single time.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-09-2015, 08:11 AM
From one of the positive reviews:

"In “First Adam” we follow the adventures of Omo, who apparently is the first modern human—the first ever Homo sapiens. Born from a Homo erectus couple, we find him living far away from the parents he has never known [...]."

This reflects negatively on the rest of the novel in my opinion. Fiction is fine, but at least be accurate. Fiction informed by up-to-date science makes it more interesting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-09-2015, 11:12 AM
To all "fellow-Atheists" who responded:
Your "holier than thou" attitude does not differ from those who believe in God and would viciously attack me. I thought this was an Atheist Forum. Probably not.

To 'Ghostexorcist':
From where does your informed up-to-date science say that we evolved, if not from Homo erectus? Read the book, you might learn a few things.
26-09-2015, 11:24 AM
It appears ghostexorcist was referring to the idea that two homo erectus can have a Homo sapiens offspring.

That's not how it works dude. Read some science books. You might learn a few things.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-09-2015, 11:30 AM
You're the one who has come knocking on the door of our home trying to hock your book to us and nothing more. If you don't like the response you've gotten, move along to the next house and quit darkening our doorstep. We're not fond of door to door salesmen.

*grumble grumble* insulting ghost's knowledge of evolution... Fuck off Dodgy *grumble grumble*

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
26-09-2015, 11:34 AM
You didn't bother to participate in any way for 15 days after your intro post. The next post is a book sales pitch.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! We don't take kindly to solicitors

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
26-09-2015, 01:57 PM
(26-09-2015 11:12 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  To 'Ghostexorcist':
From where does your informed up-to-date science say that we evolved, if not from Homo erectus? Read the book, you might learn a few things.

Well, for starters, I have a degree in anthropology and have dug for hominin fossils in East Africa. Evolution in general is a gradient; at no point did an H. erectus (technically H. ergaster) couple plop out an anatomically modern H. sapiens. This flawed view of human evolution is no different than the twisted Creationist view that a fish gave birth to a lizard, or that a lizard gave birth to a mammal. Anyway, the evidence suggests that the last common ancestor (LCA) of humans and neanderthals was akin to H. heidelbergensis. I'll be passing on your book if you can't even get that portion of human evolution correct. Who knows how many errors it is riddled with.
[+] 15 users Like ghostexorcist's post