My Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 02:17 PM
My Book
I have Kindle Unlimited, so I may try it. But from what I've read in this thread, I may not have a favorable review.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-09-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: My Book
(26-09-2015 01:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 11:12 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  To 'Ghostexorcist':
From where does your informed up-to-date science say that we evolved, if not from Homo erectus? Read the book, you might learn a few things.

Well, for starters, I have a degree in anthropology and have dug for hominin fossils in East Africa. Evolution in general is a gradient; at no point did an H. erectus (technically H. ergaster) couple plop out an anatomically modern H. sapiens. This flawed view of human evolution is no different than the twisted Creationist view that a fish gave birth to a lizard, or that a lizard gave birth to a mammal. Anyway, the evidence suggests that the last common ancestor (LCA) of humans and neanderthals was akin to H. heidelbergensis. I'll be passing on your book if you can't even get that portion of human evolution correct. Who knows how many errors it is riddled with.

This might be of use to the author.

http://ac.els-cdn.com/S0960982213016072/...84253cd954
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2015, 04:32 PM
(26-09-2015 11:12 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  To all "fellow-Atheists" who responded:
Your "holier than thou" attitude does not differ from those who believe in God and would viciously attack me. I thought this was an Atheist Forum. Probably not.

To 'Ghostexorcist':
From where does your informed up-to-date science say that we evolved, if not from Homo erectus? Read the book, you might learn a few things.

You really should go into PR or advertising...you have a wonderful way of selling to your current audience. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-09-2015, 05:37 PM
(26-09-2015 11:12 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  To all "fellow-Atheists" who responded:
Your "holier than thou" attitude does not differ from those who believe in God and would viciously attack me. I thought this was an Atheist Forum. Probably not.

To 'Ghostexorcist':

Blink

Laugh out load

Wow, did you bite off more than you can chew. Many of us are authors, highly educated, and fluent in science. Don't let your mouth write checks your hubris ass can't cash.

Peddle your misinformed bullshit elsewhere then. You came to theTHINKINGatheist forum.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Hey what about my book?

Wait, just kidding.

Just wanted to bye. I may be without service for an extended period. Regardless of the stress I was good to converse with and argue with you all. At least y'all didn't ban me like most "Christian sites" so that says something for the general character of those here. Anyway, all differences aside. I wish you all th best in any peaceable endeavors you may come across. Thanks for the mostly stimulating conversation.

Figured that guy wouldn't mind e yanking his op.

Peace. Really, and unconditionally.
[+] 5 users Like popsthebuilder's post
26-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Son of a btch I make my self look fn illiterate.. Peace again.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
26-09-2015, 05:51 PM
(26-09-2015 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hey what about my book?

Wait, just kidding.

Just wanted to bye. I may be without service for an extended period. Regardless of the stress I was good to converse with and argue with you all. At least y'all didn't ban me like most "Christian sites" so that says something for the general character of those here. Anyway, all differences aside. I wish you all th best in any peaceable endeavors you may come across. Thanks for the mostly stimulating conversation.

Figured that guy wouldn't mind e yanking his op.

Peace. Really, and unconditionally.

Happy trails Pops.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-09-2015, 06:55 PM

To 'Ghostexorcist':

: laughat: Laughat you are hilarious

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
26-09-2015, 08:23 PM

To 'Ghostexorcist':

There was no first member of Homo sapiens.
If you looked at every generation of Homo erectus, you might notice subtle changes generation to generation. but Homo erectus parents never once gave birth to a Homo sapiens child.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2015, 04:57 AM
(26-09-2015 01:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 11:12 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  To 'Ghostexorcist':

Well, for starters, I have a degree in anthropology and have dug for hominin fossils in East Africa. Evolution in general is a gradient; at no point did an H. erectus (technically H. ergaster) couple plop out an anatomically modern H. sapiens. This flawed view of human evolution is no different than the twisted Creationist view that a fish gave birth to a lizard, or that a lizard gave birth to a mammal. Anyway, the evidence suggests that the last common ancestor (LCA) of humans and neanderthals was akin to H. heidelbergensis. I'll be passing on your book if you can't even get that portion of human evolution correct. Who knows how many errors it is riddled with.

I couldn't agree more! Evolution IS very gradual, but take into account that my work is fiction. Its primary goal is not to be totally scientifically accurate but to show how the Biblical story of Adam and Eve could have emerged, thus generating some doubt about its validity. It's just a story, but one which attempts to do some good in making Bible-thumpers wonder: “Could this be true? Is it possible that God did not miraculously create mankind?”