My Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: My Book
So here's the thing...

We are very much a community as much as we are a forum. In fact it's an interesting, and oft discussed topic around here. So sometimes we get defensive, because things like joining in just to advertise insults what many of us call home. As a result, things can get real barky. But it's all over now, and I'm sure everyone can just let it be.

Truth is, we're a good bunch if you take the time to get to know us. We are also well versed on all sorts of subjects, and even boast a Ph.D. or two among us. So we would love to have another author join our ranks. And the best way o get to know us really is to JOIN in. Jump into some discussions.

I promise, we'll try to be nice. (Ok, no promises for earmuffs. He just doesn't know how to be nice, so we've given up asking him)
Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-09-2015, 10:06 PM
(25-09-2015 10:49 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  If you like to read then you might like to take a look at my book called “First Adam”.
It’s the story of Adam and Eve, but told through a completely novel, evolutionary, and atheistic perspective.
As a fellow atheist I would really appreciate your support.
You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/First-Adam-Father-...bc?ie=UTF8

Cheers,
Andreas

I will avoid it and tell everyone it is shit because this is shameless free self promotion.

Now please be so kind as to:

[Image: shut-up-and-fuck-off-89.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-09-2015, 05:17 AM
(27-09-2015 05:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I kinda disagree. Stark posted second in this thread. Then earmuffs and then ghostexorcist.

Sorry, I meant second reply, not post.

(27-09-2015 05:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, he did later but really he should have apologized a lot sooner than he did, instead of hurling insults.

Yeah, he probably should have. What I'm trying to say however, and everyone seems to ignore it, is that there is a chance he didn't know it wasn't wise to start advertising the moment he joined the forum. He got a negative reaction, which led to his negative reaction.

I mean, we're not angels here on TTA, so give that man a break, that's all I'm saying. I don't understand why we should be putting up with rude people who have been members here for years and not give a chance to newbies. I really don't.

I know, I know what he did wasn't right, but we've treated trolls with much more respect here and this whole being rude as an automatic reaction thing gets out of hand sometimes.

(27-09-2015 09:30 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So here's the thing...

We are very much a community as much as we are a forum. In fact it's an interesting, and oft discussed topic around here. So sometimes we get defensive, because things like joining in just to advertise insults what many of us call home. As a result, things can get real barky. But it's all over now, and I'm sure everyone can just let it be.

Truth is, we're a good bunch if you take the time to get to know us. We are also well versed on all sorts of subjects, and even boast a Ph.D. or two among us. So we would love to have another author join our ranks. And the best way o get to know us really is to JOIN in. Jump into some discussions.

I promise, we'll try to be nice. (Ok, no promises for earmuffs. He just doesn't know how to be nice, so we've given up asking him)
Thumbsup

This is civilized discussion Thumbsup
Couldn't have said it better myself. By the way Stark, I wasn't referring to your first reply here when I talked about people being rude.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
28-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Well having been in the entertainment business 33 years. Having a brother who owned an advertising agency before becoming a producer in the entertainment business, I think I recognise self advertising when I see it. In fact I know it.

Don't be naive guys. This guy came here to sell his book. Period.

"He may not have known"??? What year is it?

It is fine to be good natured, but not to the point where one is taken advantage of.

If he wants to advertise his book go ahead. But pay for it. Or start a facebook page and link to atheist groups.

This site gets advertising through the podcast. What a great place to get free advertising for one's product.

He can and should pay Seth! I am sure Seth would appreciate it for all his hard work.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-09-2015, 05:36 AM
(28-09-2015 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Well having been in the entertainment business 33 years. Having a brother who owned an advertising agency before becoming a producer in the entertainment business, I think I recognise self advertising when I see it. In fact I know it.

It is fine to be good natured, but not to the point where one is taken advantage of.

If he wants to advertise his book go ahead. But pay for it. Or start a facebook page and link to atheist groups.

This site gets advertising through the podcast. What a great place to get free advertising for one's product.

He can and should pay Seth! I am sure Seth would appreciate it for all his hard work.

Sure, but you forget that you live on the other side of the planet.

Yes, it may be 2015, but this still commonly happens in Greek forums and it's acceptable in many. Since this guy seems to be from Cyprus, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same there, if not even more acceptable. And don't get me started on Cypriots' temperaments Tongue

I mean, it's so acceptable that if I started a business or anything now, I would start advertising in forums. I really would. Unless it was against the rules. Cultural difference perhaps?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-09-2015, 06:21 AM
(28-09-2015 05:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Well having been in the entertainment business 33 years. Having a brother who owned an advertising agency before becoming a producer in the entertainment business, I think I recognise self advertising when I see it. In fact I know it.

Sure, but you forget that you live on the other side of the planet.

Yes, it may be 2015, but this still commonly happens in Greek forums and it's acceptable in many. Since this guy seems to be from Cyprus, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same there, if not even more acceptable. And don't get me started on Cypriots' temperaments Tongue

I mean, it's so acceptable that if I started a business or anything now, I would start advertising in forums. I really would. Unless it was against the rules. Cultural difference perhaps?

Perhaps. It is so strong NOT to do that here it would never occur to me. Basically it comes down to something for nothing.

I still believe if one advertises on Seth's website, Seth should be paid.

Banjo.
28-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Quote:Truth is, we're a good bunch if you take the time to get to know us.

lolwut? no we're not..
28-09-2015, 07:05 AM
I am very interested, Yes I will buy it Smile

(25-09-2015 10:49 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  If you like to read then you might like to take a look at my book called “First Adam”.
It’s the story of Adam and Eve, but told through a completely novel, evolutionary, and atheistic perspective.
You can find it here:

Cheers,
Andreas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2015, 07:10 AM
(28-09-2015 07:05 AM)JEKinTX Wrote:  I am very interested, Yes I will buy it Smile

You can find it here:

Cheers,
Andreas

Obvious sock is obvious.
28-09-2015, 07:49 AM
(28-09-2015 07:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Obvious sock is obvious.

Yeah, same thought occurred to me.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais