My Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 08:10 AM
RE: My Book
(28-09-2015 07:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 07:05 AM)JEKinTX Wrote:  I am very interested, Yes I will buy it Smile

Obvious sock is obvious.

This one is on facebook though. Unless it's that elaborate Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 08:27 AM
(27-09-2015 04:57 AM)Andreas_Economou Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 01:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Well, for starters, I have a degree in anthropology and have dug for hominin fossils in East Africa. Evolution in general is a gradient; at no point did an H. erectus (technically H. ergaster) couple plop out an anatomically modern H. sapiens. This flawed view of human evolution is no different than the twisted Creationist view that a fish gave birth to a lizard, or that a lizard gave birth to a mammal. Anyway, the evidence suggests that the last common ancestor (LCA) of humans and neanderthals was akin to H. heidelbergensis. I'll be passing on your book if you can't even get that portion of human evolution correct. Who knows how many errors it is riddled with.

I couldn't agree more! Evolution IS very gradual, but take into account that my work is fiction. Its primary goal is not to be totally scientifically accurate but to show how the Biblical story of Adam and Eve could have emerged, thus generating some doubt about its validity. It's just a story, but one which attempts to do some good in making Bible-thumpers wonder: “Could this be true? Is it possible that God did not miraculously create mankind?”

Big problem... It could not have emerged like that. Not even a little. As has been stated already, that's not how evolution works.

Now, I get that you're writing fiction. But please don't try to pass this off as even a remote possibility. We spend so much time simply combating the ignorance that is already prevalent in theist circles that adding to it is not helpful in the least.

You have to understand that a story like this will feed into the ignorant ideas about evolution. Some theists will read this and think "see, even an atheist says monkeys gave birth to the first human! My daddy weren't no monkey. Evolution is LIES."

So, good luck on selling your book, but please stop saying that it is possible alternative about where the origins of man came from. It's not, and it serves only to spread misinformation and ignorance.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-09-2015, 08:32 AM
(28-09-2015 08:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Big problem... It could not have emerged like that. Not even a little. As has been stated already, that's not how evolution works.

Now, I get that you're writing fiction. But please don't try to pass this off as even a remote possibility. We spend so much time simply combating the ignorance that is already prevalent in theist circles that adding to it is not helpful in the least.

You have to understand that a story like this will feed into the ignorant ideas about evolution. Some theists will read this and think "see, even an atheist says monkeys gave birth to the first human! My daddy weren't no monkey. Evolution is LIES."

So, good luck on selling your book, but please stop saying that it is possible alternative about where the origins of man came from. It's not, and it serves only to spread misinformation and ignorance.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about how the Biblical story of Adam and Eve could have emerged. The story, not actual humans Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
28-09-2015, 08:40 AM
(28-09-2015 08:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 08:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Big problem... It could not have emerged like that. Not even a little. As has been stated already, that's not how evolution works.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about how the Biblical story of Adam and Eve could have emerged. The story, not actual humans :P

Aye, but again. The story could not have emerged like that.

There never would have been a birth where the offspring was so different as to be taken for a different species, even if they even knew what species were. I could see a story like this being passed down from generation to generation and eventually being co-opted by religion if it had happened like that, but the change is so gradual that there would never be a "line". There would never be a point in human/prehuman history where an offspring realized they were different than their parents, because they wouldn't be.

So, no. A story about the "First human" that is supposed to be the basis for the "adam and eve" myth is just as ignorant as the adam and eve myth to begin with.

Sorry, but I have to deal with idiotic ignorance like this on a daily fucking basis. It's a bit of a rough spot for me when I see people, even those trying to help, spreading further ignorance and confusion.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister