My Brain is Reeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: My Brain is Reeling
Serotonin doesn't "dry up".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-08-2017, 09:29 PM
(28-08-2017 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Serotonin doesn't "dry up".

That's why SSRIs can kill you. I don't dick with serotonin, acetylcholine seems safe enough and even neuroprotective, dopamine done knowledgeably to avoid neuronal death by hyperexcitation, but not serotonin. SSRIs put my ass in bed not able to go the head without puking. 95% of my serotonin is in my gut and they indicated to me in no uncertain terms that they would prefer I not dick with their delicate instrumentation.

#sigh
28-08-2017, 09:44 PM
What helps me is sensory distraction. Music or a movie that I pay attention to and gradually the circling fades into the background. Not physical activity, because that can rile me up, and not calming breaths because that also doesn't work for me in this kind of situation.
Good luck, and I hope some of the suggestions work for you.
28-08-2017, 09:52 PM
(28-08-2017 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Serotonin doesn't "dry up".

Well I don't know about it really

What about suicide mondays after rolling all weekend?
28-08-2017, 09:54 PM
(28-08-2017 09:44 PM)julep Wrote:  What helps me is sensory distraction. Music or a movie that I pay attention to and gradually the circling fades into the background. Not physical activity, because that can rile me up, and not calming breaths because that also doesn't work for me in this kind of situation.
Good luck, and I hope some of the suggestions work for you.

I'm already way more chilled out. Thanks.
29-08-2017, 02:52 AM
(28-08-2017 08:12 PM)ImFred Wrote:  ..I take pills that are supposed to even me out. Without medicine my mind loops in these really painful negative cycles. I think sometimes it just kind of rebels against the pills.

Perhaps your quack is giving you wrong pills.
Remember, THE INTERNET IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN TOWN for googling all sorts of maladies, and we end up knowing more about it than the quacks, so we can keep tabs on whether they've diagnosed us right, and whether they're giving us the right treatment..Smile
29-08-2017, 03:52 AM
At work.

The above?

DAFAQ?

Facepalm
No
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
29-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Doesn't bother me

Appears to be a troll

Whoa my brain went off the rails with crazy dreams

Maybe my dreams were therapeutic

I dreamed I was just starting high school and my friends were really into it but I felt super alienated and then, oh my Freud, I was having this really aggressive argument with my mom but she was old and frail like she is now (she has dementia and can barely walk) but I was around 15.

I think that picture of the flooded nursing home had something to do with it. That picture really upset me. I kept thinking what if that were my mom.
29-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Hope you're feeling better today, Fred.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
29-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Hug

I've had similar episodes, akin to panic attacks without the panic. My mind would be running at Mach 5 and I couldn't sleep. These episodes usually ended up as real panic attacks because I'd overthink things.

Since starting my meds it's gotten better--maybe it's a seratonin imbalance? Playing a video game or my ocarinas helped to get me to focus on something and control my breathing. All that oxygen probably exacerbates the problem.

I hope you're feeling better now.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/