My Brother Died Today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: My Brother Died Today.
Damn Girly, what a shock. Lots of hugs to you and yours.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 01:06 PM
So very sorry, Girly.

Sometimes life sucks.

Just keep in mind . . . through the coming hours, days, weeks, months . . . that you don't have to put on a brave face to the world. Let yourself grieve, sob, rant, scream, be mad as hell at the unfairness of it all. "Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

My thoughts are with you.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
13-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Girly Sad

I just saw this. My heart hurts now.

I'm thinking of you.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
13-04-2013, 02:18 PM
(13-04-2013 12:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Heart attack at 47. Time for me to stop putting off my annual echo and EKG.

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." - Einstein in a letter of condolence to the sister of an old friend, Michele Besso, March 1955.

That's really young. Did heart disease run in the family?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-04-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 11:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-04-2013 01:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  Hey, Girly, not really an answer at all, but didn't want to post it in your thread. Just wanted to say this [Image: Hug_Smiley_by_Jase92.gif]

Thanks, Vera. Thought I was done sobbing, but not quite yet it seems.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Fucking sucks man, I'm sorry to hear it. Just do what you need to do to take care of yourself . If you need anything, I'm here. Wish I could give you a hug.

13-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Sincere sympathy G.M.
13-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry, man. .....You want me to drag my sack across your face?

Sorry. Figured it was Girly's style of humor. Trying times call for the remedy of laughter. DO NOT GIVE ME ANGRY LOOKS, EVERYONE. I'M TRYING TO HELP. Gawd.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Misanthropik's post
13-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I've not posted on this forum in quite some time but I do lurk on occassion just saw this thread.

Girlie, you have my best wishes and most sincerest condolences to you and your family. Losing a loved one so young is a horrible thing to go through. And, being 44 myself, I can appreciate that 47 is entirely too young to leave the world. I wish there was something I, or anyone, could say to ease the pain I'm sure you feel, but I doubt there is. For whatever it is worth, you have made enough of a positive impression on people you've never met that we mourn with you. Given the person you've proven to be, I'm sure your brother was of similar character; a man who was loved, who will be remembered, who had an impact, and will be mourned by many. When all is said and done, our only real impact on the world and our only true legacy in the short time we have is the impact we make on others, how we make their lives better and the memories we leave them with. As long as people remember your brother, as long as they share memories and stories and smiles and even tears, he's not really gone. Hold on to your memories and honor him by remembering him.

The best to you and your family.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 11 users Like BnW's post
14-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Sorry I'm just seeing this now Girly. Big Hugs to you and your family.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]