My Catholic Girlfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 04:33 AM
RE: My Catholic Girlfriend
Not so complicated, just give her the first Zeitgeist movie, let it speak for you. When she sees how much does the church lie to her, she is set to go. I always love to show a bit of history and how it all came together, how Christianity was made and why is it like this today, when people see how it changed during history, they realize they do not believe in the Word of God, but in something man did and then changed during 2000 years as they've seen fit. At that moment everything changes.

Best thing is that you don't even need to be near her while she is watching the movie.

Smile

And you can always give her our link, so we can talk to her...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
(09-12-2011 04:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  And you can always give her our link, so we can talk to her...

Oh God, Filox. Not sure she's ready for us just yet. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I really appreciate all the advice. The next day she had told me that "Well, I decided that I do still completely believe." I didn't really know how to take that so I just let it slide and told her I was ok with that.

I really like the suggestion of each of us reading a book of the others choice. The only problem is I don't really have any books of the topic. I think I'll just lead into this subject by asking to read her bible. Hopefully after doing so we can discuss it more in-depth and that will "stir the pot."
[+] 1 user Likes Tyjet66's post