My Cosmic Heirarchy: q3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: My Cosmic Heirarchy: q3
This coof is still posting? Dude, you don't have a clue about consensus reality, it would appear. Telling people that they are sniffing glue? This last post was almost lucid; maybe the glue you are sniffing is wearing off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
25-08-2015, 09:28 PM
(25-08-2015 04:30 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 04:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They accepted me just fine, and I only came here in June.

Yeah you fit in just fine to this clique. Birds of glue sniffing will surely stick together. Thats why they call it glue.

You nor anyone needs to tell me any the countless posts of irrelevancies.

You and others only need to address my comments as stated. I think glue sniffing has blinded you to these obvious facts.

Stick to addressing the topic and or more comments, as stated, or move along to where glue sniffing is encouraged by a clique those who lack moral and intellectual integrity.

You and the other glue snifffers are the ones who need to get over it but your brain cells appear to blocking intelligent thought in regards to the topic of this thread.

q3Heart

Have you addressed the questions I raised? I assure you, I asked them in good faith.

... this is my signature!
25-08-2015, 09:29 PM
(25-08-2015 04:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You have lost your dogdamned mind if you think that we "cannot grasp" what you are saying.

I have a recorded IQ of 158. Are you smarter than me? Maybe so; it's possible, but the odds are low.

I much prefer percentile ratings, myself... The IQ scale as a normalised measure is de facto unable to accurately assess the margins. Which includes the upper echelon just as assuredly as the lower...

(Not that OP's ol', "HAHA NO U UR DUMB LOL" is convincing)

(25-08-2015 04:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You have failed to properly communicate your full meaning. Period. End of sentence. Get over it.

AMEN BROTHER.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Whew! Tuesday Bike Night was wonderful. I needed that... especially as nice as the weather is, today. I feel a lot better now, and can address this.

(25-08-2015 09:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I much prefer percentile ratings, myself... The IQ scale as a normalised measure is de facto unable to accurately assess the margins. Which includes the upper echelon just as assuredly as the lower...

Agreed, though I think "99th percentile" is almost as meaningless, unless you're willing to go to decimal places; I thought so when they told me my percentile back in the 7th grade.

It's not that I think IQ is a good system of measure; it's not, given what we know about different "types" of intelligence. (For instance, my verbal intelligence is much higher than my mathematical... not that I'm a slouch in the latter department.) Given my known IQ measurements--and the fact that I don't believe I'm much, if at all, smarter than the average, here, from what I have seen of others, as I may not even be in the top twenty smartest people here, and I am happy about that fact--it was more than I could bear to hear this guy describing me or the members of this board as not intelligent enough to grasp his terrible writing. Enough was enough™.

The notion that we, who constantly test one another and pick on even small ideological and/or informational issues, would be called "a clique" tells me that this person has serious issues of delusion and antisocial behavior problems, and I choose not to interact with him any more.

Ironically, since we're NOT a clique or a GroupThink kind of people, my advice that you all do the same should be given no more weight than you all think it deserves.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
25-08-2015, 11:03 PM
(25-08-2015 04:30 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 04:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They accepted me just fine, and I only came here in June.

Yeah you fit in just fine to this clique. Birds of glue sniffing will surely stick together. Thats why they call it glue.

You and others only need to address my comments as stated. I think glue sniffing has blinded you to these obvious facts.

Stick to addressing the topic and or more comments, as stated, or move along to where glue sniffing is encouraged by a clique those who lack moral and intellectual integrity.

You and the other glue snifffers are the ones who need to get over it but your brain cells appear to blocking intelligent thought in regards to the topic of this thread.

q3Heart

You know, when all of your doctors are telling you to take your anti-psychotic medications, maybe you should listen to them? Just a thought there ace. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-08-2015, 11:32 PM
(25-08-2015 11:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I much prefer percentile ratings, myself... The IQ scale as a normalised measure is de facto unable to accurately assess the margins. Which includes the upper echelon just as assuredly as the lower...

Agreed, though I think "99th percentile" is almost as meaningless, unless you're willing to go to decimal places; I thought so when they told me my percentile back in the 7th grade.

It's entirely valid so far as it goes; "one in a hundred" is a level of statistical certainty at which present tests can arrive. IQ is a messy aggregate measure, to be sure, but it's a measure derived from an extensive statistical basis.
(I don't mean to say it's wholly inaccurate, but that it's not strictly meaningful absent confidence intervals - which are proportional to the distance from the median, all else equal)

(25-08-2015 11:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's not that I think IQ is a good system of measure; it's not, given what we know about different "types" of intelligence. (For instance, my verbal intelligence is much higher than my mathematical... not that I'm a slouch in the latter department.) Given my known IQ measurements--and the fact that I don't believe I'm much, if at all, smarter than the average, here, from what I have seen of others, as I may not even be in the top twenty smartest people here, and I am happy about that fact--it was more than I could bear to hear this guy describing me or the members of this board as not intelligent enough to grasp his terrible writing. Enough was enough™.

I think it's very easy to overstate the different "modes" of intelligence. They are all, fundamentally, apparatuses (I was going to say apparati, but then I noticed it ought to be accusative, and decided fuck it) for pattern recognition. Both mathematical and verbal (linguistic?) intelligences (if one might use the term) are highly contingent on learned material (the former more so, but the latter just the same).

That OP would rather insult us all than attempt to explain him(her)self further is in and of itself revelatory enough, perhaps.

(25-08-2015 11:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The notion that we, who constantly test one another and pick on even small ideological and/or informational issues, would be called "a clique" tells me that this person has serious issues of delusion and antisocial behavior problems, and I choose not to interact with him any more.

Ironically, since we're NOT a clique or a GroupThink kind of people, my advice that you all do the same should be given no more weight than you all think it deserves.

It's beloved of the crank to abuse the composition fallacy.

[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
26-08-2015, 06:07 AM
I don't know about that not-a-clique shit. I'll let RS76 and cjlr do some of my thinking for me. When I try it, I fuck it all up and strange shit like Gwyneth Paltrow becoming god happens. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 06:20 AM
(25-08-2015 04:30 PM)qqq Wrote:  ...

Reminds me a little of absols.

(For those who arrived here after absols, it was an AI program that spouted odd sentence constructions and responded to kindness with kindness and abuse with abuse).

Consider

26-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Hmmn, that reminds me... know what this thread needs?

[Image: ZFz9J8M.jpg]

Moar Gwynnies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Having spent some of today catching up on 3q's posts i'm...well.....

[Image: Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post