My Coworkers' Work Ethics
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: My Coworkers' Work Ethics
You got all my feel sorry support bro. The longest I've ever made it working for someone else was three years and every time it always ended with me calling bullshit on, well, bullshit.

If you really need this job, keep on plugging and shut the fuck up at work but if you're in a position that you think you can strike out on your own and take your customers with you, then do it.

I struck out on my own a number of times and failed. But I kept on striking out on my own until I finally got too fucking old and ornery to work for someone else, so I had to either make a go of it or live off my wife's income.

Luckily, my wife makes good money. Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
27-04-2013, 07:42 AM
(26-04-2013 06:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 04:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Talk to the payroll lady. There has to be a way to tell the GM discreetly.

Yeah, I'm leaving it up to her. She was the one who was invited (commanded) to go and appreciate his awesome achievements. That coupled with the link I sent her about his church, well, I can't help it if that some how gets forwarded to my GM. Big Grin

Actually that's a way to do it.
"Oh we just wanted you to know about all the wonderful work he's doing", or "Did you know about ALL the great work he does for Jebus" ...
The lights should go on in the GM's head, if she says something like that.
That coupled with a few of the "non-available" complaints, should do the trick.
If they don't, then he deserves what he's got.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2013, 04:46 PM
The issue is in the work ethic, not what is done in the personal life. It's not like anyone has issues with your baby eating or your satanic rock music.

Bailing on work, customers unhappy, stealing from the company? Those are issues to be dealt with, in the lease likely possible way that'd get you fired. Big Grin
27-04-2013, 05:29 PM
(26-04-2013 02:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Anyway, because of my own experience in sales, I'm not overly judgmental of their practices, but the fact that he is allegedly a Christian Pastor makes their behavior puzzling and bothersome. If you can't trust a pastor to be ethical, who can you trust?

Based on my experience as a longtime Church-goer (as well as my own ability in those days to rationalize words and actions under the umbrella of Xian righteousness), I'm sure he believes he's getting a pass because he's doing "God's will" and work by creating a church where people can be saved and he can preach the Word. It's all about eternity, you know!

Just extrapolate that sort of thing to the logic of suicide bombers, and you get the picture. Everything is subject - and subordinate - to religion's ultimate goals (kind of like the end justifies the means, I suppose). It would be interesting to see how he'd respond if you confronted him.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
28-04-2013, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 09:52 AM by cufflink.)
The most troubling thing about this situation is that with an absentee GM who obviously doesn't know wtf is going on in his company, I bet you aren't being adequately acknowledged and rewarded for what you're doing, which is clearly head and shoulders above the Churches' efforts.

If that's not true, and you are in fact being recognized and rewarded, I wouldn't worry about the slackers. But if it is, it would be good for you to find a way to toot your own horn, since nobody's gonna toot it for you.

And I probably should have considered rewording that thought . . .

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post