My Cyber-Reincarnation

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
12-01-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: My Cyber-Reincarnation
Whether or not the majority of people are believing something does not equate "natural state"

The point that atheism is the natural state is because it is a default position. Babies are not born believing a positive claim about Gods; therefore they are atheists/apatheists. Not until they develop further in their conscious thoughts and begin to attribute answers to questions do ideas of religion begin. The majority of the world is still believing because the majority of the world have grown up in a culture where religious ideas were taught to the person early on. Even those who aren't raised deeply religious are frequently brought up in a religiously inclined culture with celebrations and see common references to the idea.

Until you belief a positive claim on a deity, you are atheist, that is a humans natural state.
(11-01-2013 10:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 01:48 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Ah, Egor. You will have a very impossible time at destroying atheism. Not only is it the natural state for humans, but it is the most logical position pertaining to the basic reason, logic, and rationality so many people like you lack. Your feeble attempts will be amusing for one and all to watch, especially when the much more educated continually trample on this ignorant dream.

I'm sorry: How can you say atheism is the natural state of humans when most of the world is not atheistic--even in these most liberal times--with the internet for God's sake, most people are not atheistic. I am in a room full of medical professionals right now, and none of them are atheists--not one even would entertain the idea.

So, please don't talk about shit you don't understand.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like ClydeLee's post
12-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Clyde, that is just going to bounce of Egor like a wet sponge off a titanium wall. Not even going to leave a dent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
12-01-2013, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 05:19 AM by Logica Humano.)
(11-01-2013 10:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm sorry: How can you say atheism is the natural state of humans when most of the world is not atheistic--even in these most liberal times--with the internet for God's sake, most people are not atheistic. I am in a room full of medical professionals right now, and none of them are atheists--not one even would entertain the idea.

So, please don't talk about shit you don't understand.

Most people are indoctrinated at an extremely young age to believe such things. You will find that a baby does not believe in God. If you raise a child and never mention God at all, the child will not believe. Atheism is the natural state of humans because you are born as one. So yes, Egor, don't talk about shit you don't understand.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 6 users Like Logica Humano's post
12-01-2013, 05:17 AM
(11-01-2013 11:47 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  Oh, but you, winner, you have the requisite "sense." Seriously, so many extremely bright people in the world are theists of some sort. What makes you special? What is it that has set you apart and enabled you to see the truth of the universe? Are you of superior genetic stock?
We question our beliefs.

Quote:Either make your counter argument or shut the fuck up, loser.
I did.

The 'proof' was...
Quote:The world has order in it that we didn't create. Order requires mind.
There was order before there was physical life, so there was mind before
there was life. So the God and Goddess must exist. [Image: nod.gif]
and I said What reason do you have to believe Order requires a Mind?

EDIT: If anyone wants to see the fail responce http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=15.0
Here's a better question:

What makes him think there is order?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
12-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Obviously there must be order, because humans perceive order.

Our minds cannot be seeking patterns and interpreting them in a way we can understand them, nooo that is too far fetched.

There IS order and gawd dun it! Is obviously a better and more interesting answer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
14-01-2013, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 12:02 PM by kineo.)
For fucks sake, Egor, take a few seconds away from being a general shithead and learn to edit posts and especially learn quote tags. Reading something you've written is painful. And you're calling me a dolt. That's lulzy.

Anyway, I went ahead and fixed your shitty quote-work for my post.

(11-01-2013 02:32 PM)kineo Wrote:  Homophobia doesn't mean, or require, a fear of homosexuals. You might not like the term, but it applies to your actions. You are a homophobe. Just own it. You "hate the sin and the sinner", so to speak.
WTF are you talking about. I don't even consider it a sin. You need me to be a homophobe, but I'm not. I don't give a fuck about your sexuality. I'm not going to give you quarter for it, and I'm not going to cut your head off for it.

That's as good as it gets.

I don't care if you give a fuck about my sexuality. We're not talking about my sexuality. We're talking about you- your favorite subject. You use homophobic jokes to get a rise out of people- because you think it's insulting, or because you specifically want to incite a desired reaction. Regardless of why, that's the subject to which your mind turns.

(11-01-2013 02:32 PM)kineo Wrote:  Your post is intentionally dripping with it. Fine, be intentionally offensive- as offensive as you can be. Troll up and down the aisle. You don't have to be nice. But stop hiding like a coward. You are a homophobe.

You think I'm hiding? You dolt. Just like with all the evidence for the existence of God, you refuse to look at it. You call the sky green and you see what you believe.

This discussion has nothing to do with your imagined deity- it's about you.

(11-01-2013 02:32 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't really have more than a couple of fucks to give about you...

Okay, now that sounds a little gay to me, and frankly it scares me. Laughat

Haha, yeah- haha, scary! Come on everyone, laugh- Egor made a joke!

(11-01-2013 02:32 PM)kineo Wrote:  this is really the extent of it- that you stop lying about who you are as if it somehow justifies your language.

And no, it's not enough for you refrain physically beating non-heterosexual people.

Oh? What's required of me then? Am I supposed to give you special consideration? Unsure

Do you insult people for being straight? No? Make jokes with the underlying suggestion that being hetero should be something to be feared? No? Because that's not insulting? Where's the "special consideration" part? Let's settle for normal consideration. Again, say what you want- but as long as you hide behind your tryhard shitty sarcasm and aggression your preposterous attempts at collapsing atheism will continue to fail spectactularly (if you actually want to accompish that task you'll need some facts and stuff too, I suppose), like a fireworks display gone wrong. Don't worry, you'll continue to have an audience- we all love the entertainment. No one can look away from a train wreck. So back to the point- use homophobic remarks, but know that you are a homophobe.

More importantly, if your bare minimum for accepting people is simply not physically beating people up, then you are doing life wrong by any sane standards. [in before Egor uses that as a launch pad to blather nonsense about "non-existent Atheistic morality"]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Kineo, while I am glad to see you here...don't waste your breath. You know it's all wasted energy, Egor is the creepy, slightly unhinged cousin that none of want to deal with but we have to every now and then cause mom says so. His words should just fall away and have no effect.
Consider the source dude...it's Ego®. And in a short time, all his views will change again anyway.
Missed you Kineo!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-01-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 12:38 PM by kineo.)
(14-01-2013 12:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kineo, while I am glad to see you here...don't waste your breath. You know it's all wasted energy, Egor is the creepy, slightly unhinged cousin that none of want to deal with but we have to every now and then cause mom says so. His words should just fall away and have no effect.
Consider the source dude...it's Ego®. And in a short time, all his views will change again anyway.
Missed you Kineo!

Ah, you're right Anjele- any discussion with him is wasted breath. Tongue

Also- thanks, it's great to be back! Big Grin
14-01-2013, 12:19 PM
The thing I find most odd is that we know Egor is batshit crazy, we know he is anti-social, insulting, arrogant, and downright mean. We know he's a close-minded homophobe and a close-minded theist (or deist) (for now).

And yet when this bozo creates a post, it goes to a hundred replies in just about a day while other threads that are much more interesting and much more sane get far less attention.

I wonder why that is? Are we all just too attracted to a train wreck to drive on by without slowing down and getting involved? Come to think of it, that probably describes me to a tee...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Askeptic...I believe you answered your own question.
One fascianation with Ego® is the way his strong as nails beliefs change, sometimes daily. He is all the things you say and he vacilates between damning us to hell and saving our souls...it's a freak show.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post