My Cyber-Reincarnation

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
11-01-2013, 02:38 AM
RE: My Cyber-Reincarnation
Boy I tell ya Egormaniac, you always make for entertaining posts. Your tirades against atheism while donning yourself in the holy knight in shining armor crusader gear makes me spit my water across the room. Come on man, what's with all this thinly veiled, maladroit self-promotion? Build your golden palace here with us boy. Sure, we might question the stability of your house's foundation, but we make for good company in the end now don't we boy? Big Grin

(10-01-2013 08:42 PM)seventhmoon Wrote:  Guys, this guy is obviously a troll. Just look at his last response to my post. It's not worth your time and effort to argue with this guy as it only drives more troll behavior. We get this kind of stuff quite often on the internet. Any attempt at reason is like singing a song to a cow. They just won't get it. So my suggestion is to just stop and move on with your lives.
Nah, Egor has been here for a long time. He's just suffering from delusions of grandeur with a strong dose of acerbic anti-atheism. All of them "I've been combatting atheism on the internet for the past *insert double digits* years" types are a bit full of themselves. If you spend that much time on a cause, you rationalize how it has been beneficial in the long run.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
11-01-2013, 02:40 AM
*deleted*

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Right, Egor needs more evidence for his own motives. Dodgy

Does anyone else find it ironic that a theist would even value evidence? Consider

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
11-01-2013, 09:10 AM
It is both ironic and an oddity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
11-01-2013, 09:15 AM
(11-01-2013 09:08 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Right, Egor needs more evidence for his own motives. Dodgy

Does anyone else find it ironic that a theist would even value evidence? Consider

No, actually. I have found that it comes down to how they define 'evidence'.
Usually, their definition is broader than is acceptable to science. Or common sense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2013, 09:17 AM
(11-01-2013 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 09:08 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Right, Egor needs more evidence for his own motives. Dodgy

No, actually. I have found that it comes down to how they define 'evidence'.
Usually, their definition is broader than is acceptable to science. Or common sense.
Right, the definition of 'evidence' that gets used is essentially whatever they are willing to accept while special pleading away whatever they are not. Drinking Beverage

Like Egor's "proof" of consciousness in paramecia. Dodgy

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
11-01-2013, 09:47 AM
(11-01-2013 09:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, actually. I have found that it comes down to how they define 'evidence'.
Right, the definition of 'evidence' that gets used is essentially whatever they are willing to accept while special pleading away whatever they are not. Drinking Beverage

Like Egor's "proof" of consciousness in paramecia. Dodgy

Yep, I completely wrote off his rationality on the paramecium thing. I mean, WTAF. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2013, 09:48 AM
[Image: ancient-aliens.jpg]

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
The Aliens of the Gaps argument?

It's a hell of a lot more interesting that God of the Gaps. Certainly has more of a ring to it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-01-2013, 09:50 AM
The Argument from Aliens

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post