My Cyber-Reincarnation

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
09-01-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: My Cyber-Reincarnation
I would like to vote that Egor be the only troll we have to deal with...cause he is surely enough.
Nevermind, no voting allowed, I forgot...carry on...

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: AW: My Cyber-Reincarnation
(09-01-2013 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Blasphemy can get you banned on Ed's forum. Laughat

So much for free speech. This whole topic is stupid, just another theist mad that their wobbly position is being questioned by rational people. I agree with a previous comment that he probably has his own inner doubts and is using this as a way to make himself feel better, to repent to some degree.. Must have been indoctrinated.. I almost feel bad for him.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
It would take Egor to screw up my one resolution this year...was trying to avoid the "F" word this year but damn when he's on a roll it's the only word that covers it with the right amount of WTAFUCK!!!!!!!

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
09-01-2013, 04:58 PM
(09-01-2013 04:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It would take Egor to screw up my one resolution this year...was trying to avoid the "F" word this year but damn when he's on a roll it's the only word that covers it with the right amount of WTAFUCK!!!!!!!
New years resolutions are always meant to be broken anyway right? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-01-2013, 04:59 PM
(09-01-2013 03:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don’t prey on the mentally ill the way atheists do.
I don't eat human flesh with fava beans the way Veridicans do.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
09-01-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: AW: AW: My Cyber-Reincarnation
(09-01-2013 03:39 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 02:10 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Lol LEGITIMATE atheist? Are you fucking kidding me?

He doesn't believe in a magical sky daddy just like he doesn't believe in santa claus. What a hard concept. Major difference being that at least kids grow out of believing in santa claus. A lack of belief is all it requires. It doesn't require him to be a biblical scholar, it doesn't require him to be a cosmologist and it certainly doesn't require him to be a biologist. It simply requires one to look at something and go, "I don't believe that bullshit." and TADA! You've found someone who has a lack of belief in that thing. It's easy for those that were never indoctrinated in the first place, and if he wasn't, he's already a huge step ahead of me at his age because I was indoctrinated up to my eyeballs. But thankfully I still dropped the bullshit.

For the nonbeliever it's a simple simple concept and comes with no surprise. For the person who is already indoctrinated, letting go of it or even comprehending the concept is a huge mental hurdle. So for you, it might be an odd concept, but for his 13 year old self it was nothing new and easy as easycheese.

If he were entirely indoctrinated up to his eyeballs since he was 5 years old, and he were a 13 yr old christian, would you consider him a LEGITIMATE christian? A legitimate hindu? A legitimate muslim? A legitimate buddhist? A legitimate scientologist? A legitimate mormon?

Would you really think that someone at that age is of full age to FULLY comprehend the implications of all the dogma?

I would actually applaud a child for if nothing else, making the decision not to fall for a sales pitch for religion at that age, to doubt and think for themselves and come to a conclusion over the next many years as they grow up than fall trap to the classic "Get'em while they're young!" that we see so commonly. After all, what's the rush? Especially at that age.

KC also said that he doesn't think that there is any empirical evidence for a god. It is 100% faith. It wasn't that "KC destroyed him" but that he's 13 and has no debating experience. It's also hard to debate an empirical debate with someone who has no empirical base in their god (many of us would say "how convenient" but at least KC is honest about his beliefs) And I quote:

I'm not going to shit on KC for that because at least he's honest about what he believes, he isn't trying to harm anyone over it and he's interested in at least learning about the world. At least he knows what he believes. The kid is vastly interested it seems in debates and is quite motivated to speak out. At least he's willing to learn about stuff and at least he's an open mind.

Give credit where credit is due.
Maybe I've gotten used to the over-exaggerated responses some of you post to the simple wording mistakes I make, but I would normally blast at your for such a drama-filled response. Dodgy

Anyways, what I was saying by "legitimate" is along the lines of - I wouldn't even consider him a weak or implicit Atheist as opposed to a strong or explicit Atheist.

He isn't exactly implicit though gathering that he just proposed a debate against KC. So yeah, he's a legitimate Atheist.

Nice storm..
Was having a rather bad day and you were the first to annoy me. In all fairness, you do tend to be not always clear with your wording. If you intended to mean a specific type then clarify the type, otherwise, it's easy (and fun) to over-exaggerate and inflate things. Want to know why ed takes things out of context so easily or misquote you or others? Because of clarification. Say what you mean, state it clearly, or expect inflated and fun ramblings.

Anyway, now that I've had a chance to go relieve my frustrations and regain a bit of sanity, my apologies for being an enormous dick. I could have worded it differently and probably got my point across without being a dick (I certainly don't want to end up like ed). No drama intended, as I was hoping for a reaction at the time, hence the length and agitating context.

Thumbsup
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 08:34 PM by seventhmoon.)
Egor, I really don't care about what you think of Atheism and what not. But seriously, you throw out the F-bombs and calling people stupid in almost every response you gave. Now I know you religious folk aren't supposed to swear like that as it states pretty clearly in the bible.

I don't want to quote every single one but you might want to read over Ephesians 4:29, Peter 3:10, James 3:9-12, Luke 6:45, and I'm sure there are others that says swearing is a sin. So why don't you brush up on your own knowledge of the bible before attempting to debate with us? The Fuck this and Fuck that's , you're an idiot, he's stupid, etc.. These aren't really helping you defend your argument.

All I'm saying is that if you want to debate, that's cool. Just stop insulting our members and carry on in a more civilized manner. I'm sure your god would appreciate it.

"It would be very nice if there were a God who created the world and was a benevolent providence, and if there were a moral order in the universe and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."
- Sigmund Freud
10-01-2013, 01:12 AM

(09-01-2013 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Really, Ed, that's the best you've got? Homophobic taunts?

I don’t care about gays. They can do whatever they want. What I hate is the term “homophobic.” I don’t fear homos. You all say that so as to make yourselves look more evolved than heterosexuals. You don’t get the fact that it’s not fear. Homosexuals don’t scare me. I’m not phobic of them. I’ve been around them all my life. I don’t like them or dislike them. I don’t give a shit about them. But you’re not trying to hide the fact that you’re gay, are you? You wear it like a badge. You have to wear it like a badge, don’t you?

Jesus never condemned fags, so I don’t condemn fags. I couldn’t care less about fags or dikes. If you think I’m fucking with you about this, you mistake me.

But it’s not enough that I refrain from donning Doc Martins and bashing homohead in on a Saturday night. It’s not enough for you for me to leave you alone. You have to be in my face forcing your lifestyle down my throat—and I use those words deliberately.

The only thing that makes me hate you is the same thing that makes me hate any motherfucker in my way—you’re in my face, and I don’t like it.

You’re not special.

Now, go suck on that for a while.

Great—now I feel like listening to Eminem. Thanks a lot.

(09-01-2013 04:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck you Egor, no one here gives enough of a shit about your new blathering spot to take the time to pull out that one block that makes all the Legos fall down.

What? Hobo

Quote:You have to come here and insult people to get someone to come over to your little world just to see if it really exists...if your forum can only handle you and your Ego®, don't invite others if the infrastructure is so damn delicate.

What about the insults I get? Those don’t matter do they? Consider

(09-01-2013 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Blasphemy can get you banned on Ed's forum. Laughat

Yep, and I explain exactly what I mean by that. But you don’t want that light on in the house, do you? It detracts from the lie you want to tell. Undecided

(09-01-2013 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would like to vote that Egor be the only troll we have to deal with...cause he is surely enough.
Nevermind, no voting allowed, I forgot...carry on...

Why tolerate me? Stark Raving is gone; ban me. Every other atheist group has, why should you be any different. Lamo

(09-01-2013 04:22 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  So much for free speech. This whole topic is stupid, just another theist mad that their wobbly position is being questioned by rational people. I agree with a previous comment that he probably has his own inner doubts and is using this as a way to make himself feel better, to repent to some degree.. Must have been indoctrinated.. I almost feel bad for him.

Feel bad for me? I have a relationship with God. He is with me all the time—the very Creator of the Universe. He talks to me, and I talk to him. God is my greatest joy, and the knowledge of Him through the revelations of Jesus Christ means to me that this world isn’t just a cold, hard, insulting, purposeless bowel movement of evolution.

You think I delude myself. I thought the same thing, but the delusion has proven to be intractable, and the proofs irrefutable. I don’t have faith in God—I am incapable of believing He doesn’t exist. He has shown Himself to me—and I know, because you’re an atheist, that He hasn’t shown Himself to you.

And you pity me? Laughat

(09-01-2013 04:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It would take Egor to screw up my one resolution this year...was trying to avoid the "F" word this year but damn when he's on a roll it's the only word that covers it with the right amount of WTAFUCK!!!!!!!

It’s the power of Christ that compels you.

(09-01-2013 04:59 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 03:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don’t prey on the mentally ill the way atheists do.
I don't eat human flesh with fava beans the way Veridicans do.

mmmm…fava beans….

(09-01-2013 08:24 PM)seventhmoon Wrote:  Egor, I really don't care about what you think of Atheism and what not. But seriously, you throw out the F-bombs and calling people stupid in almost every response you gave. Now I know you religious folk aren't supposed to swear like that as it states pretty clearly in the bible.

Wait a sec: “Love the way you lie” Is playing, and I have to put on my headphones so I can turn it up.
Now, you were saying…

(09-01-2013 08:24 PM)seventhmoon Wrote:  Egor, I really don't care about what you think of Atheism and what not. But seriously, you throw out the F-bombs and calling people stupid in almost every response you gave. Now I know you religious folk aren't supposed to swear like that as it states pretty clearly in the bible.

I only read the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Swear words are just a way of expressing oneself emotionally. As Eminem says: “Will Smith don’t have to cus in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so fuck him and fuck you, too.”

Damn, that’s poetry. Weeping

Quote:I don't want to quote every single one but you might want to read over Ephesians 4:29, Peter 3:10, James 3:9-12, Luke 6:45, and I'm sure there are others that says swearing is a sin.

Well, let’s break this down: Ephesians was written by St. Paul, a Christian with an opinion. Peter and James were also written by Christians with an opinion. But the VGJC is based on the five true Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Thomas. So, I will reach around and grab my Bible and check out Luke. It says, and I quote:

The good man brings good things from out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

In the VGJC, it reads:

“But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from their heart, and it is that which is in the heart that defiles a person.”

“For out of the heart comes all form of evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, lying and slander, covetousness, envy, pride and foolishness.” (VGJC 25:16-17)

The intent is to show us the corrupt nature of our heart and the proof of that which comes from the things we say. There’s no commandment there—just wisdom. You are making a commandment out of it, but if you do that, then were does it say I can’t swear? Unsure

Quote:So why don't you brush up on your own knowledge of the bible before attempting to debate with us? The Fuck this and Fuck that's , you're an idiot, he's stupid, etc.. These aren't really helping you defend your argument.

I know the Bible. Do you really think I don’t know the Bible? And I would agree with you, swearing doesn’t make an argument or help it, but there’s no argument going on here. We’re all just exercising what’s left of our wits.

Quote:All I'm saying is that if you want to debate, that's cool. Just stop insulting our members and carry on in a more civilized manner. I'm sure your god would appreciate it.

What the fuck do you know about my God?
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 01:46 AM
RE: AW: AW: My Cyber-Reincarnation
(09-01-2013 05:04 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Was having a rather bad day and you were the first to annoy me. In all fairness, you do tend to be not always clear with your wording.

That is one of the most true things about me. I have seriously considered therapy (or something) to help me get better at communicating better.

(09-01-2013 05:04 PM)Logisch Wrote:  If you intended to mean a specific type then clarify the type, otherwise, it's easy (and fun) to over-exaggerate and inflate things. Want to know why ed takes things out of context so easily or misquote you or others? Because of clarification. Say what you mean, state it clearly, or expect inflated and fun ramblings.

I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm not trying to troll or otherwise flame an Atheist forum for the sake of entertainment. I don't like when people dislike me, so I try to reconcile if I mess things up. I believe that human relations are just as important in the virtual world as in person.
Obviously, the longer I am on this forum, the more I get to know the personalities within, the better I should get at communicating therein.

(09-01-2013 05:04 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Anyway, now that I've had a chance to go relieve my frustrations and regain a bit of sanity, my apologies for being an enormous dick. I could have worded it differently and probably got my point across without being a dick (I certainly don't want to end up like ed). No drama intended, as I was hoping for a reaction at the time, hence the length and agitating context.

Thumbsup

No prob, within your large rant, I could honestly understand your point and I suppose I can see your frustration - perhaps fueled by the constant ignorance of "outsiders" that think they know the mechanics of Atheism. I definitely feel the same way towards those that make ignorant accusations of my own Worldview.

^^

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
10-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Egor, Egor, Egor.....I love you. I love you oh so very much.

Upon reading the forums here at work. I began to chuckle at your "posts". I find them very amusing. Anyway. My amused noises attracted the attention of some co-workers. Upon explaining to them what I was reading....They became interested. Soon the pretty much everyone was talking about "that idiot on the thinking atheist".

So. Not only do people find you funny but they are also thanking me for showing them this forum.

So thanks again and keep up the good work.

Don't you ever change.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Material on Judeo-Christian reincarnation? ghostexorcist 7 506 09-01-2013 07:21 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist
  Reincarnation omega21 11 1,119 28-06-2010 04:49 AM
Last Post: New Frontier