My Dad posted this video..and it may not be all bad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2014, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 08:22 AM by Adrianime.)
My Dad posted this video..and it may not be all bad
So very surprisingly my Dad posted this video. It's about a Christian girl feeling bad about her actions. I've only watched the first 2 minutes so far, but I'll watch the rest on here.

A quick background of my Dad: I was raised without mention of religion, but apparently my dad does believe something. When he heard I didn't believe in god the first time as a teenager he gathered like 10 books and told me to read them (which I didn't do). He himself does not go to church. After he and my mom got divorced while I was in college, he would occasionally go to church at his cousins church and tell me he really wanted to take me (I always made excuses and never have gone to church with him). I'm not close with him, so I don't know much more about his beliefs.

Just looking to see what you guys think. Also, this is a facebook video so I don't know if it will show up in BBcode

[facebookvideo]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=703953102991492[/facebookvideo]

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=703953102991492

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: My Dad posted this video..and it may not be all bad
If anybody knows how to embed facebook videos....that'd be awesome to share that Wink.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Coming from your Dad, I would say it's a good thing.

It seems like the new-age Christianity -- all the love, none of the hate, only the happy parts of the bible apply, the evil parts aren't for me.

Eh, a step in the right direction I suppose, atleast they are giving up the bad parts rather than vice versa. Still not rational, evidence based thinking, but it's a start. Wish the Muslim community would start down that path in a more vocal, noticeable way.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
27-09-2014, 02:23 AM
Here is the video set to music, apparently she has deleted her original youtube channel.

See also, for context:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.