My Daughter's Scholarship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 05:00 PM
An update on my younger daughter:

She has just returned from England. Her nursing school sent her to attend a course in healthcare globalization. She was selected as part of only a small handful of students sent to attend. She had a blast and got the opportunity to visit with her cousin who lives in Cornwall (yeah, he had a heck of a ride to Oxford on the train).

The course was given at Oxford. She says she likes that location far more than London.

Meanwhile, the elder daughter is finishing her final week in Belize at a Maya dig site. She also got to do fun things like snorkeling at an island off the coast. She's at a site near San Ignacio, but it's not a site that would be known to tourists such as Cahal Pech. The site she is at is still being excavated by students like herself and it sounds like they have yet to discover its name. She also got to see Tikal while there. I am so jealous and proud at the same time.

Again, we thank you all for your support!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
10-06-2015, 03:42 PM
My daughter has graduated! Her pinning is June 19! She will take the NCLEX state board exam soon!

Thanks for the support everyone!

[+] 9 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
10-06-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: My Daughter's Scholarship
(10-06-2015 03:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  My daughter has graduated! Her pinning is June 19! She will take the NCLEX state board exam soon!

You know the rules...pics or it didn't happen. Tongue

Seriously, that's awesome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
10-06-2015, 04:58 PM
(10-06-2015 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 03:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  My daughter has graduated! Her pinning is June 19! She will take the NCLEX state board exam soon!

You know the rules...pics or it didn't happen. Tongue

Seriously, that's awesome!

Thanks! And yes, my plan is to post pix of her pinning. Probably also her success at NCLEX and, if she lets us, pix from her new job!

Her school has a fine reputation for placement. She sounds pretty confident she will get work.

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
22-09-2015, 09:40 PM
I see I have been slacking. Real life is my excuse.

The news: my daughter graduated top of her class! We arrived late to her graduation ceremony and almost missed the special event she kept secret: she was the student speaker for her graduating class. I captured it all on video (just barely). I need to ask my other daughter for it.

And now: she just got hired at her first job. She is training to be an Acute Dialysis Nurse for DaVita. She will be treating patients in need of acute dialysis at 6 different sites.

We are so damn proud I haven't even figured out how to express it yet. My wife is the writer, not me.

I'll scrounge some grad pix and the video for y'all. And now I can also look forward to a scrub-wearing, exhausted, end-of-workday pic as well!

Stay tuned! And thank you all so much for your support!

[+] 7 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
22-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Ok, a couple grad photos:

[Image: d3a3b2b532a685d30b80e6aad527cf9c.jpg]

[Image: 9cf27b8e917819990825cbb1fb1c9394.jpg]

The second is with the elder daughter who also graduated 5 days earlier earning her BS in Anthropology. She is still waiting to be accepted at a grad school to continue on toward a career in archaeology specializing in MesoAmerican studies (Aztec/Maya).

Wish her luck also, if it please ya.

[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
22-09-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: My Daughter's Scholarship
Congratulations to both of them Smile Wow! I have to say MesoAmerican archaeology sounds to me a *lot* more attractive than dialysing people but then... if we didn't have dialysis nurses we'd all just expire when our kidneys packed up...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Indeed! One daughter is driven by curiosity, the other by a drive to help people. Both are awesome.

[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post