My Destiny, My Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
01-01-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: My Destiny, My Forum
You don't get banned here for talking crazy. You have to make real threats. I see you kinda as the odd uncle in the family.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
01-01-2013, 07:00 AM
(01-01-2013 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn, nobody is banning you Egor, calm your tits.
The type of people in question (in the shit storm going on currently) are infinitely worst then you.

You might be a waste of space troll, but your tolerable.

Good luck with the forum. Don't expect an instant sensation overnight though, good shit is like fine cheese, it takes time.
What shit storm? Am I in it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 09:09 AM
(01-01-2013 07:00 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn, nobody is banning you Egor, calm your tits.
The type of people in question (in the shit storm going on currently) are infinitely worst then you.

Good luck with the forum. Don't expect an instant sensation overnight though, good shit is like fine cheese, it takes time.
What shit storm? Am I in it?
He's talking about the whole FZUmedia issue.
Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 09:18 AM
(01-01-2013 02:48 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'll be banned from this forum soon, as well. But look at my posts (views and replies), I'm not hated.

I'm doubtful that you'll get banned. This forum rarely does that, and I think if it were to ever happen, it already would have. Who cares if you disagree with us? There can't be any debate unless there's disagreement.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
(01-01-2013 04:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 03:50 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  My thoughts on this topic.

Do you know why you or users you appreciated were banned?

If so, what would you do to a user who acted in a similar way on your forum (similar manner, but of course taking the opposite views and beliefs in their posts). What approach would you take with them now that you have admin powers?

I have some rules. I go by them and that's it. Otherwise a person can say anything they want to say.

Good rules. I'm even just a little more open-minded about free speech, but I didn't see anything on that list that I couldn't live with. It's nice to see genuine open-mindedness. Smile

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Go fuck yourself. It's not about someone deleting my account, it's about an effective ban where even if I can log in, there's no reason to anymore.

Quote:The type of people in question (in the shit storm going on currently) are infinitely worst then you.

Just you saying that is exactly what I'm talking about. Who are you to judge me, good or bad? Who are you to say what is tolerable and what isn't? I'll tell you who you are, you're part of the clique that is forming. And I've seen it a million times if I've seen it once.

Raving Atheists
Friendly Atheists
Rhobology
Pharyngula
Happy Atheists
RDF
Atheist Forums
et al

All of the above are completely run by cliques and peer pressure. You telling me I'm "tolerable" is the tip of the iceberg.

So again, Go fuck yourself.

Quote:Good luck with the forum. Don't expect an instant sensation overnight though, good shit is like fine cheese, it takes time.

On that we agree. Bowing
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM

(01-01-2013 04:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 04:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  I have some rules. I go by them and that's it. Otherwise a person can say anything they want to say.
The "automatic ban" rules are actually pretty good. I think we should implement some of them on here (ex. "Attempts to solicit private information from members. What they want you to know will be on their profile.").

Thanks, Vosur.

I have been at this a long time as a particiapant, and over the year or so I've been in this forum (which was a very successful forum), and in all the weak forums I've been banned from, I kind of got an idea of what rules mattered and what didn't matter. Some of the restrictions I put on advertising are strictly financial a regular member can't have advertising in their sig or avatar, because that privilage is for patrons only. But that's made very transparent on the forum.
01-01-2013, 12:23 PM

(01-01-2013 09:18 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm doubtful that you'll get banned. This forum rarely does that, and I think if it were to ever happen, it already would have. Who cares if you disagree with us? There can't be any debate unless there's disagreement.

Ah, but that's just it. I would have been a couple of times. Stark Raving didn't allow it.

I've got to try to get an e-mail on him or a FB name. I don't think he's reading the PM I sent, and I have no other way to contact him.
01-01-2013, 12:24 PM

(01-01-2013 09:38 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Good rules. I'm even just a little more open-minded about free speech, but I didn't see anything on that list that I couldn't live with. It's nice to see genuine open-mindedness. Smile

In what way would you be more open-minded? I'm not challenging you, I truly want your opinion on this. Consider
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
(01-01-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:18 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm doubtful that you'll get banned. This forum rarely does that, and I think if it were to ever happen, it already would have. Who cares if you disagree with us? There can't be any debate unless there's disagreement.

Ah, but that's just it. I would have been a couple of times. Stark Raving didn't allow it.

I've got to try to get an e-mail on him or a FB name. I don't think he's reading the PM I sent, and I have no other way to contact him.
He said he'll be checking PM's, Ed, no worries. Besides, Erxomai's not a ban-fan himself; you'll be a'right.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com