My Discussion of 'Lucy' with a Born-Again Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2016, 02:13 AM
My Discussion of 'Lucy' with a Born-Again Christian
I'm pretty sure most or rather all of the atheists, skeptics, freethinkers, etc. have heard of Lucy, or Australopithecus afarensis. It was a magical day when I read that we had discovered one link towards the development of modern humans.
I remember picking up a National Geographic magazine and flipping through to read the article, and I was moving house at the time, my former stepfather's relatives were over to help and we were finished setting up things for now.

The relatives were both Christians, Born-Again, lovely people. I simply can't judge someone's personality based on their religion; that's unfair. However, while I was reading, one of the relatives asked to see the magazine and the article. It developed into this small conversation, the relative asked if I believed in evolution (of course you don't need to believe in a fact, but anyways), I agreed. It pursued on to that the relative started talking about God and Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. It didn't progress much beyond that, claiming I didn't believe in God and so forth. Quite honestly, I don't believe the fellows won't look at me the same much anymore, but that's alright. I'm a freethinker, an atheist, but I'm not a completely pretentious, rude person. If you have your beliefs, well I cannot judge you on that. As long as you keep your beliefs away and don't use them for overpowering people, well, you're alright in my books!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like SunButt's post
30-06-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: My Discussion of 'Lucy' with a Born-Again Christian
Have you seen the video of the crazy Christian woman walking threw a museum saying everything was made up. Calling a dinosaur skull a dragon skull and the Lucy was make believe.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-06-2016, 05:16 PM
(30-06-2016 03:52 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Have you seen the video of the crazy Christian woman walking threw a museum saying everything was made up. Calling a dinosaur skull a dragon skull and the Lucy was make believe.

I couldn't get past 4 or so minutes of her, but she says that we have learned a lot since Darwin, but what? Stuff that came from a book several thousand years old? Not just 150 year old science.
01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
(30-06-2016 05:16 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 03:52 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Have you seen the video of the crazy Christian woman walking threw a museum saying everything was made up. Calling a dinosaur skull a dragon skull and the Lucy was make believe.

I couldn't get past 4 or so minutes of her, but she says that we have learned a lot since Darwin, but what? Stuff that came from a book several thousand years old? Not just 150 year old science.

There's another one where she goes to the creationist museum and practically creams her pants.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
01-07-2016, 12:24 PM
I have family like that. It's sad
01-07-2016, 02:13 PM

This woman can't be serious.
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
(01-07-2016 02:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  

This woman can't be serious.

Oh! She is. Has a whole youtube channel. Her name is Megan Fox.

01-07-2016, 03:01 PM
(01-07-2016 02:40 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 02:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  This woman can't be serious.

Oh! She is. Has a whole youtube channel. Her name is Megan Fox.

I refuse to believe that people this stupid exist.

[Image: tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif]

Maybe she's just a really dedicated troll?
02-07-2016, 08:38 AM
[Image: 46341577.jpg]

02-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(30-06-2016 05:16 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  

I couldn't get passed three minutes so you did better than me how can anyone be so retarded?