My (Elementary) Arguments with Friends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: My (Elementary) Arguments with Friends
No, I have not read the Bible, although I plan to when I get the chance. I like to tell people that if they claim to be Christian and don't read the Bible, they are missing out on God's word, sinning in some way, and tell them to go all or nothing - atheist or fundamentalist, because people in the middle are both tolerating blasphemy and not adhering to the word of their deity. I often get the response "all humans sin"
but I don't know how to counter that. I could say that they are wearing a fake Christian I.D. badge (I heard that somewhere) and that God is smart enough to see through it. Any suggestions?

Anyways, are there any other killer arguments I could use, or any suggestions as to what to say?

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 08:05 PM
The fact that all humans sin is no excuse not to try not to sin.
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Christians don't even follow the word of god. If they did they would all be in prison. They want to feel superior because they believe in something yet they only choose to follow the fluffy parts and ignore all the evil and hate. They love to point out how we are going to hell for not believing yet hmm this reminds me of a story... Didn't god destroy the entire planet in which he created in his image because they were SINNERS! How do the believers now think they are getting into heaven when they only seem to follow like 1/10 of what the bible says? It seems god above all wants you to slaughter animals for seemingly everything; if he didn't he wouldn't mention it every other word.

How can women follow gods word? God finds them unclean, though I don't know why considering man and women are pretty much the same; I mean God used Adam to create Eve. Its not like he picked up a dead goat and created women from it. Though you never know; there were probably a lot of dead goats.

Why did God need a tree full of fruit to make man sinners? God made them; why the fuck didn't he just say - Hey you're all sinners! Dare I say this sounds like a story. I could go on but thinking of the Bible and its stories and people believing it makes me want to gauge my eyes out with a 2000 year old stick.