My Experience Asking God For Evidence. (need opinions)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: My Experience Asking God For Evidence. (need opinions)
(30-08-2013 11:13 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  3. Do you think it was a good idea to ask a bunch of people who hate god with a passion for advice on how to see him when he reveals himself to you?

Hate god? How can we hate something that doesn't exist, that we don't believe in? It's your shit religion, and its shit ideas about the world we live in that we despise. It's the fact we lived in shit and mire for 100,000 years as humans with no progress from asking God, but when we start doing our own science we massively improved the quality of our life, yet you want us to go back to the stone ages with mindless faith and unquestioning? How can you sit here and work on a computer that was created through the scientific method, and then espouse a return back to mindlessness through religion?

God is completely irrelevant. To the extent you are here to debate - I'm fine with it. To the extent you are here to proselytize, you SHOULD FUCK STRAIGHT OFF. Have you ever even listened to the Thinking Atheist Podcast? Do you even know who runs this website - what he goes through, what any of us have been through in the name of your shit bag religion?

Here you go buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FjhBXpW1_s

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Skippy538's post
04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry, "hate the concept of a god" not "hate god".

And perhaps you can explain how to debate without proselytizing since most every debate here has atheists proselytizing their faith, oops, I mean, special knowledge of all history and the universe, oops, sorry, belief system, yes, that's right.

But without my goofing about, let's get back to your point:

Quote:you want us to go back to the stone ages with mindless faith and unquestioning

100% no. No, no, no. Question by all means. One of my favorite verses is "Come, let's reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are as scarlet, they can be white as snow," from Isaiah's first chapter. There should be ZERO incompatibility between reason and Christianity and science and Christianity. Zilch. You raised a good issue, since whoever says faith is anything LESS than reasoned trust in God is ill-tutored in the scriptures and faith both IMO.

I hear what you say about religious persection of atheists, which has raised a question in my mind, "If there is a god, should atheists experience critique on Earth?" Critique, yes, persecution, no. Here's a person on this thread who is struggling with OCD issues. They need counseling AND a grounding in the scriptures.

Be careful, the "science and religion are incompatible" card is not one that many religious and spiritual people with scientific credentials appreciate.
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't give two shits what you or any other religious idiot, scientist or otherwise, appreciate.

What is the name of this website? Who is Seth? What has happened to him recently with his father? Do you know anything about this podcast, what it is for, who it helps?

Why are you here? Your presence "helping" people is not wanted, nor requested. It is entertaining to debate with you, but coming here to evangelize is crossing a line I will not abide. I don't go to Xian websites and harass people. Don't even start your evangelism shit here. This place is special to us, a place to go be with like-minded people. This place is not for you. You can debate here, but don't think you are going to start making converts here. Not a chance.

04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
JD

Sorry for highjacking your thread. That was not my intention. I just feel the need to check PJ and his constant misrepresentations on an atheist forum.

The only way to deal with OCD is with a trained professional. If you can't afford it, I would start meditating to learn to control your impulses to help your focus. Simple breath meditation is the best. At a minimum, meditating 10 minutes every morning will help you begin to recognize your precursors to OCD behaviors. You may not stop yourself, but don't get frustrated, at first you will just recognize the precursors but still do the behaviors. With time, you will recognize the precursers to the precursors, and start to stop the behaviors. Whatever you do - don't blame yourself if you fail - just bring yourself back to recognizing what is happening. Judgment, even judgment about judging yourself, is the only kind of failure.

There is no god to give you any signs. I'm sorry. This can be an emotionally difficult pill to swallow, and there may be times when you wish you did have the faith you may have formerly had, if you had one. You brain may push you towards these "signs" over time. If it gets worse instead of better, I would try to make seeing a professional, who can diagnose drugs appropriate to your brain function, a priority. Either way, I would meditate to help control the brain functions. Best of luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Excerpt from my christian forum experience MrKrispy601 0 37 Yesterday 06:55 PM
Last Post: MrKrispy601
  Evidence? Screw that! BlackMason 43 499 23-07-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God... TheLogicalAthiest 29 703 22-07-2014 01:40 PM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  The gods and super natural evidence thread Leo 22 464 03-06-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Jeremy E. Walker provides empirical evidence for the Christian God over other... rampant.a.i. 99 2,317 27-05-2014 12:57 AM
Last Post: morondog
  Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison WindyCityJazz 11 259 29-04-2014 04:41 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Yet more evidence that God is Love Miss Meng 56 994 18-03-2014 01:29 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird