My Favorite Scripture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2010, 10:41 PM

My Favorite Scripture
Hey, this section says to have fun, so here we go! Here's a passage of Scripture that always gives me some jollies.

20 "And if a man beats his male or female slave with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. 21 Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property." Exodus 21
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2010, 03:24 AM
RE: My Favorite Scripture
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Mine is 1 Chorinthians 2:14

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Foolishness indeed. Tongue Yet apparently it's simultaneously foolishness and self-evident, say the scriptures. Quite possibly self-evidently foolish. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2010, 11:48 PM

(30-09-2010 03:24 AM)Kikko Wrote:  Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Ooooh, that one's a gem too. Don't mess with the family jewels!
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
Find all posts by this user