My First Hand Experience with a Hypocrite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 08:47 AM by Flying Spaghetti Monster.)
My First Hand Experience with a Hypocrite
A little something i would like to share. Some background information first. About 5 years ago i was living in Saudi Arabia on a 1 year contract as a civilian teaching the Royal Saudi Airforce how to fix F-15's. After i had been there about 2 months a new guy arrives (Thomas), and i am told he is Southern Baptist, and rather "hardcore." We end up being close buddies even to this day cause we were the only "young" guys working there and found out we were only 3 months apart in age. This guy never drank, swore, and was the so called "perfect" christian. At the time i considered myself Agnostic, but never really did any research or reading of the bible, and you could say i was simply ignorant of what was actually in the bible. He never bible bashed me either and never said the typical "you just need to find Jesus" stuff to me, and i totally respected him for that!

So about half way through our contract Thomas and I went on a 3 week vacation (Canary Islands for a week and a 14 day Med cruise). Before the vacation, he said to me "please don't bother me about drinking because it is aginst my beleifs." I can respect that and did as he asked. The thing is i didn't have to ask, cause as soon as we go to our hotel in Spain the first thing out of his mouth was "lets go to the bar!" So we did and as i was ordering my drink he goes to me "don't tell anyone about this," and proceeds to get himself a drink, then another, and another, and another........This continues throughout the entire vacation (wait, doesn't "God" see you....hrmmmmmmm). As well as having sex with random chicks throughout the 3 weeks. We get back to Saudi and BAM he stops and goes right back into the "harcore" mode. 6 months later we depart ways and leave Saudi

THEN.........we end up 2 months later getting a job here in San Antonio at Boeing on the same program. This was all planned, and you know what he was normal again! A normal sex having, drinking, partying, 20 something year old, single guy! We were roomates and it was awesome! We partied like rockstars!

After about 5 months in the states and with bills up the ying yang Thomas goes back to Asia. This time to Egypt and has been there ever since. Guess what.....he is back to the old "hardcore" Thomas, and he has started his own Podcast. I think this guy is going to be our next "killer for Jesus" guy. I am no crap worried about him. Below is a link to his latest podcast, and the hatred for every other relegion, church, science, and everyone "else" is so strong that i worry. Listen for yourself and tell me what you think!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sireofages/...omas-irvin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 07:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: My First Hand Experience with a Hypocrite
See the S.T. Ranger thread. Anyone can open that set of texts, and presto, claim to be an expert. The fact is, he has no clue how it came to be the way it is, or why. Without external references, and context, it's all crap. I'd be willing to bet he couldn't even tell you why and when they started to call it a/the "word". I don't see any link to a comment section. Typical. He has the truth. He deigns to impart it to you. "sire" ? What does THAT mean ? See Dunning-Kruger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect , and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism .

'sides. We all know, there are only two prophets today. Ain't no more corner offices available. hoc is too young ta retire, and the other one is gonna go turn inta Ted.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Nah God's cool, he understands "what happens on vacation, stays on vacation."

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
21-06-2012, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 07:59 AM by Flying Spaghetti Monster.)
From what i have gathered from him......(BTW his Mentors are.....get ready for it.....Kirk, Sye Ten, Kent and Eric Hovind, and you know it......Ray Comfort) he has only read the "good" parts of the bible. He is, you may have guessed, a Createtard. Him and i very often debate on Facebook, and in the end he always just stops responding, or says that im an idiot for using the internet and/or Youtube for research. I often link him to the King James Bible Online website and tell him that also must be wrong cause its on the internet....lol. I do it just to push is buttons and call him out.
21-06-2012, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 08:24 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
I wonder if this was a facade that he put on for the USAF. I have heard that branch of service is particularly infused with fundamentalists. At least it sounds that way. Did you ever bother to talk to him and ask him why he was such a party guy on the weekend R&R trips, then turned back into Dudly Doright when he was on duty?

Yeah, I know a lot of christians like that. One guy I knew from work is one of the most sincere christians that I know yet likes the raunchiest things imaginable. His explanation was that Jesus took all his sins away, leaving him to live a good life, free to do as he pleases. When I asked him about not living up the the standards of the Bible, he stated that he no longer lived under the law but under grace. Kind of a live-like-hell-but-still-go-to-heaven mentality.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
21-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I listened to about 5 mins before I could feel my brain start to switch off and wander.

I was SOOOOOO tempted to try and freak him out by commenting saying something like "God knows everything about asia... hypocrite!!!" but it would use my facebook account to log it and i dont want no mad bible bashing us army freakshow hounding me Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-06-2012, 08:45 AM
(21-06-2012 08:19 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I wonder if this was a facade that he put on for the USAF. I have heard that branch of service is particularly infused with fundamentalists. At least it sounds that way. Did you ever bother to talk to him and ask him why he was such a party guy on the weekend R&R trips, then turned back into Dudly Doright when he was on duty?

Yeah, I know a lot of christians like that. One guy I knew from work is one of the most sincere christians that I know yet likes the raunchiest things imaginable. His explanation was that Jesus took all his sins away, leaving him to live a good life, free to do as he pleases. When I asked him about not living up the the standards of the Bible, he stated that he no longer lived under the law but under grace. Kind of a live-like-hell-but-still-go-to-heaven mentality.

Just to clarify we were both Contractors not military when in Saudi.....which makes it worse i guess.
21-06-2012, 09:08 AM
(21-06-2012 08:45 AM)Flying Spaghetti Monster Wrote:  Just to clarify we were both Contractors not military when in Saudi.....which makes it worse i guess.
In that case, I understand even better. The Aerospace industry is infested with these types, as is management (Believe me, after having been an engineering contractor for Boeing, Gulfstream and Spirit Aerosystems I've had a gutful of these jackasses). I think he may be doing that for the sake of management because they seem to favor christians over and really don't like, agnostics, atheists or worldly types. That might be one guess.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

21-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Yea maybe but i think growing up in Mississippi and Tenesse has alot to do with it. He is always reading passages to his family when he visits and having sermons. The worst part is that he is trying to convert all of Egypt! He goes out with the King James Bible (KJB) written in Arabic and tries to convert people on the streets. The dude has no idea how dangerous that is! He does but with the "Jesus" cloud around him he cant see as I do.

10 year Avionics Tech/Electrician here....Now a geek in I.T. and so damn glad i made that career choice! Can't post on forums in the Aircraft Business lol.
21-06-2012, 09:34 AM
(21-06-2012 09:16 AM)Flying Spaghetti Monster Wrote:  Yea maybe but i think growing up in Mississippi and Tenesse has alot to do with it. He is always reading passages to his family when he visits and having sermons. The worst part is that he is trying to convert all of Egypt! He goes out with the King James Bible (KJB) written in Arabic and tries to convert people on the streets. The dude has no idea how dangerous that is! He does but with the "Jesus" cloud around him he cant see as I do.

10 year Avionics Tech/Electrician here....Now a geek in I.T. and so damn glad i made that career choice! Can't post on forums in the Aircraft Business lol.
Shocking Shocking Shocking Shocking Shocking

Well that changes a few things. What a fucking asshole. Yeah that sounds like someone in my line of work.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"